PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my daughter

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-20-2004, 05:29 AM
Please keep my daughter Indra in your prayers today. She is at the hospital for surgery: they will remove her tonsils. She is 15, so she might be pretty sick afterwards...:( . The operation is scheduled at 3.30 pm; this is awfully late, as she had to check in at 9 am :eek: :eek: . She was not allowed to eat after midnight, so she is VERY hungry and thirsty by now!!
I got back home to eat,and also feed the cats. Oops, no no, I will NOT eat the cats, LOL!!
I will rest then, and go back and be there at 5 pm (she will almost be back in her room then!).
Good luck, Indra!!!

chelsea
12-20-2004, 05:41 AM
My thoughts are with her. It must be very hard on her to have this done so close to Christmas. How long will she be in the hospital?

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-20-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by chelsea
My thoughts are with her. It must be very hard on her to have this done so close to Christmas. How long will she be in the hospital?

She will stay there 2 nights. So she is coming home on Wednesday :) . I cannot wait!!

davidpizzica
12-20-2004, 06:23 AM
My prayers are with Indra as she goes into surgery. Nikki and Daisy both have their paws crossed for her.

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Lut,

Indra will certainly be in my prayers.

One of the lesser-discussed side-effects of these ops at an "older" age is ear-ache. My hubby had terrible earache after having his tonsils removed in his late 20's, and my son complained more about his ears than his mouth when he had EIGHT impacted wisdon teeth removed earlier this year. Make sure your doctor will give her pain meds for her ears if they are sore, and not just her throat.

With my hubby, the earache only set in a couple of days after he was released from hospital, and I gave him "Aurone" eardrops - I am sure there is an equivalent where you are.

Sorry to ramble a bit, but earache seems to be an unknown side-effect of throat and mouth surgery.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Lillycat
12-20-2004, 07:09 AM
glentle thoughts go to your Indra at this time.......my kitty Indra also has his paws crossed as do Nevvie, Washy and Butter Rum. I will be thinking of Indra during the day and sending prayers as well!!!! Let us know when she is out of surgery.

pitc9
12-20-2004, 08:00 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you both!!
:D

Logan
12-20-2004, 09:09 AM
I sent my best wishes in Cat Health on Inka's thread, but wanted to say again that Indra will be in my prayers, Lut. In the states, they usually send those kids right home (day surgery). I hope that Indra will recuperate quickly and be able to have a Merry Christmas!

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks everybody!!

Oh my, I just called her (it is 4.15 pm), and she is still in her room :eek: :eek: . That is not fair!! The poor girl is sooo hungry and getting more nervous every minute!!

gini
12-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Let me add my prayers for Indra too. Poor baby, right before the holidays. I hope she isn't in too much pain.

Albea
12-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Lut, my thoughts are with you and Indra, wishing her a fast recovery.
I had my tonsils removed when I was 4 or 5. Can't remember much about it, except that it was a good excuse to eat lots of icecream.;)
Hope all goes well and you can enjoy a happy holiday season with your family.

slick
12-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Lut.....more prayers coming from Canada. I remember having my tonsils removed when I was really little. I had all the ice cream that I could handle afterwards.
Here's hoping the sir jury goes well and she's home soon.

catnapper
12-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Poor kid. Nobody wants to be sick at Christmas time. :( At least she'll get to have lots of yummy ice cream afterwards! They are making her wait an awfully long time beofre the surgery. I'd be assulting a doctor by now for food!

Prayers coming her way.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks for all the PT-prayers! The operation went well. The doc said "sorry" for making her wait so long....:rolleyes: . She was back in her room at 7 pm. She could speak, but her troat hurt when she tried to swallow:( . Then she vomited some red fluids. The nurse says it was all the blood that run into her stomack during the operation!
All is good now. We went home at 8pm, as she fell asleep all the time, and asked to turn the light out. Have a good night, dear !!!

gini
12-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Bless her heart. I hope she has a good night, Lut and that she feels better in the morning.

kimlovescats
12-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Ugggg, I was only 8 years old when I had mine done ... and I remember that still all too well! :rolleyes: I'm glad that the surgery went well, and I pray that she has a speedy recovery, and is filling festive by Christmas Day!

(((HUGS)))
Kim;)

AmberLee
12-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Continueing prayers for a quick recovery. {{{gentle hugs}}}

lynnestankard
12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry I'm late coming into this Lut - at least I know that Indra is out from the op., and sleeping. Clever girl. It's a rotten op to have when you get older. Elizabeth had it at 20 and because she is asthmatic she had to stay in 4 days.
Oh they don't 'do' the ice cream over here anymore = it's all cornflakes, crisps and toast!!!

Any way Lut I'm keeping your beloved daughter in my thoughts and prayers tonight and hope she's feeling much better tomorrow xxx

Lynne

NoahsMommy
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Glad she's all through with that.

Send my love to her for a quick recovery. :)

Tonya
12-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Sorry that I am so late. I hope that Indra's surgury went well. That is a BEAUTIFUL name by the way!

Cincy'sMom
12-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear Indra's surgery went well. 2nightsi nthe hospital...yuck!!! I would have pretested that one :D

ramanth
12-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Prayers and healing vibes for Indra sent!

My friend's dad just had his tonsils removed and he's in his 50's! :eek: A pretty risky procedure for older folks.

Kid's bounce back. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-21-2004, 12:27 PM
She is home!!! Tired, but okay :) :) :)

Mandy1
12-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
She is home!!! Tired, but okay :) :) :)

Glad to hear she is doing okay. That must of been really scary.

slick
12-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the update Lut. Things can only get better from here. More prayers on the way.

Logan
12-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Lut, I have had Indra on my mind this morning. Hope she is having a good day today. If I remember correctly, it was the 5th day or so, after surgery, that was a bit tough. Tell her to hang in there because it will get better.

Hugs to Indra from us, please, and tell those kitty nurses to do their job again!!! :)

Logan