PDA

View Full Version : Pixies teeth

Jods
12-19-2004, 09:13 PM
I was just wondering at what age will a kitten have all their adult teeth? and will they look big since the cat is still small. The reason I say this is because Pixies two top teeth her canine I think they are called the two ones on the side come down past her bottom lip a little bit. I know QSA's one cat has this, but is this normal?? I don't want her teeth to go down in to her bottom lip... You can't notice until she tilts her head up or if you feel her chin. They stick out right down the bottom. I know for small animals they need things to chew on to keep the teeth short or you get them trimmed, but I've never heard of this for a cat??? Please help I'm kinda worried.

Jods
12-19-2004, 09:26 PM
tried to get a pic which was a little difficult LOL :rolleyes: Here it is hope you can make it out.. The one on the right I didn't get one of the left

Laura's Babies
12-19-2004, 10:24 PM
QSL's Skippy are like that because I think they are the only teeth he has... he is otherwise, toothless.. QSL, is that right?

I think Pix will grow into them but I am not a expert like some here are. I seem to remember Chesters being long looking for a while before he "matured"...

Hay, don't worry, even if it is not normal, it will be one of her characteristics that you will come to love and find beauty in and part of what makes her, HER! QUIT worrying Jods, she is FINE and still a beautiful girl!

catmandu
12-20-2004, 08:39 AM
I thought,that thevteeth,that the Cat,has are the teeth,that they ahve all thier lives,I dont think,that they have baby teeth,like we do.

Jods
12-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah they do they just tend to swallow most of the baby ones so you don't see them.

Maresche
12-20-2004, 09:27 AM
My Misao's teeth look like that too. One of her nicknames is vampire kitty.

I asked the vet about it in one of our first visits with her and she said it was nothing to worry about.