PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy???

LorraineO
12-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I asked about this in a thread in general too,,, but can anyone tell me about this?????What is Rescue Remedy? Its supposed to be an herbal concotion

Thandi
12-20-2004, 11:17 AM
http://www.bachflower.com/index.html -- on the menu on the left is a section for pets.

It works, on humans and animals. I've always kept some at home and carry some in my purse. I never knew I could use it for pets until I spoke with an animal behaviorist and she suggested it to settle my newly adopted shelter dog. My children would take it for bumps and upsets, I'd take it if something upset me, etc. etc.

http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm another site, but doesn't have a pet section.

robinh
12-20-2004, 11:47 AM
I use it at home for Carly before bath time. It helps gently calm her without the use of drugs. The shelter uses it too.

Thandi
12-20-2004, 12:45 PM
I used one of the remedies to get my husband convinced that moving to the USA would be a good thing--he was unable to make a committment although he knew we should. :D

LorraineO
12-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Well I just bought some... gave him what i think was 4 drops as it said on the bottle.. will see how it goes,,,,

How long does the calming effect last? It doesnt tell me much of anything on the bottle!!!!:eek: :confused:

Thandi
12-20-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm not actually sure, but I think quite a while. Does the website give better indication about dosage and how often?

LorraineO
12-20-2004, 03:44 PM
thandi.. I just hadnother look on the site and it says you cant take TOO much of it ,, so use as you see fit..... Thanks for the site and info all!!!! *I* see a difference in him,,, hubby is a skeptic,, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glacier
12-20-2004, 03:52 PM
I use it lots, particularly before trips to the vet! It works great. Occasionally, with a particularly difficult critter, I dose the critter and myself!:p

LorraineO
12-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Glacier,,, I have some ativan,,, here,,, CATCH!!!!:p :D :D