PDA

View Full Version : Rate/Review your MP3 Players here PLEEEESE!!!

christa
12-19-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm shopping for an MP3 player.

So I'm just wondering, if anyone here has one, what do you have & how do you like it?

I'd also like some input on the amount of storage your MP3 has and how many songs it allows you to download.

:)

christa
12-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Somebody on here HAS to own an MP3 player!

Anybody???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

All Creatures Great And Small
12-19-2004, 04:15 PM
I have an older iPod, a 10GB one, and I think it's great - holds about 2000 songs. Since it's such an established well known brand, there are tons of fun accessories for it too. I bought software called "XPlay" that lets the iPod work flawlessly with Windows, since the iPod is made by Apple and originally designed only to work with Macs. I realize the iPods are kind of pricey though, but I got it on clearance for a steal, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

christa
12-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I'd LOVE to have an Apple iPod . . . they are soooo expensive though! I've been watching a few auction sites. I'm definitely planning on shopping around for a good deal.

So a 10GB holds 2000 songs? Wow! That's one thing I've figured out, the cheap MP3's are cheap for a reason. They barely hold a CD worth of songs.

Thanks for your input!

BCBlondie
12-19-2004, 05:05 PM
I have an mp3 portable CD player... I can make a data CD with over 100 songs.. I usually prefer regular CD's with songs burned on them though, so I can also listen to the music when I'm in my car or at a friend's house or something. :)

christa
12-20-2004, 07:12 AM
I've seen the CD player/MP3's & they are cheaper to buy.

I think I'd like to have just a regular MP3 though because I want something that is small & easier to carry.

I go to the gym every day & love to listen to music when I work out, but it's difficult to carry a CD player!!!

lizzielou742
12-20-2004, 08:31 AM
I have a Sony MiniDisc Walkman player, here is a link to it:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=MZN420DKIT&Dept=pa&CategoryName=pa_DigitalMusicPlayers_MiniDisc_NetMD Walkman

A minidisc holds like 5 hours of music, and never skips. I have an armband to put it in for when I run or work out at the gym. It comes wth software you put on your computer that lets you either burn CDs onto minidisc or transfer MP3s off your computer onto your minidisc.

Advantages:
-cheaper than an iPod (much, much cheaper. My Walkman cost $100).
-discs are cheap
-never skips
-small size
-longer battery life than an iPod
-will scroll name of current song across the screen
-you can purchase accessories like speakers, etc.

Disadvantages:
-a disc holds less than an iPod
-software will only let you transfer an MP3 up to three times (this is because of the anti-piracy laws). I don't know if that is the case with the iPod or not. There are ways around this though. Renaming files, etc.
-no backlight on digital display (although you can get a more expensive model with a backlit remote).
-discs needed (only comes with one)
-doesn't have a radio tuner (I don't know if the iPod does or not).

I like my MP3 player a lot. I found it to be a much cheaper alternative to an iPod. I think the main advantage to the iPod is that you can buy one iPod and keep all your MP3s on it, so all the music you could ever want is always with you. Since I really only use my MP3 player when working out, I find that making "workout discs" with like 50 songs on them is quite enough for me. I don't take my MP3 player everywhere, but if I had an iPod, I imagine I could. Good Luck!