PDA

View Full Version : Why does he keep getting worms?!

Tonya
12-19-2004, 01:36 AM
It's so disgusting! Ron has worms again! He just had them a month or two ago! What are we doing wrong?!

K & L
12-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Is there a possiblity of a flea problem? That's where worms will start from is flea droppings. We went through this a few years back and had to medicate for fleas and worms. It took several months to clear it all up.

Laura's Babies
12-19-2004, 11:02 AM
I was using Frontline and mine kept getting them so the vet changed them to Advantage and have't had a problem since. You may need to change the flea treatemnt like I did.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Does Ron play outside sometimes?

Grace
12-19-2004, 11:23 AM
What kind of worms?

Our Vet explained that you may think you have treated round worms, but they may reappear. Some part of the cycle burrows into the body, and will then come out again even months later. Sort of like the Herpes virus that causes Chicken Pox. Years later it can reappear as shingles.

We use Revolution for the boys, because it can control round worms.

If it is tape worms, cats can get them from fleas and inappropriate eating habits.

Tonya
12-19-2004, 11:40 AM
They're inside, and we don't have a flea problem because we use frontline. I'd forgotten until now, but the last time we talked about this, I said that I was going to switch to Revolution when my Frontline runs out. I buy it in bulk for all the animals, I probably have a year left. Maybe I'll give the Frontline away and just get the Revolution. I can't stand worms. :(

catmandu
12-19-2004, 01:00 PM
A Swallowed Flea,will give our Ct worms,and for some reason,my Vets,says that some Cats are more prone to worms.I would try an Ova Collar,as that works,for The Found Cats.