PDA

View Full Version : They rolled the van!!

Miranda_Rae
12-18-2004, 09:10 PM
My dad and my brother were going down to my cousin's for pheasant hunting this morning, they were coming around a corner, and they hit a batch of glare ice (my brother was drving). They slide on the road, went into the ditch, and then rolled it. They ended up on their wheels, but the vehicles rather messed up. Heidi was with them, and thank God no body was hurt. My dad had to go to the ER cause he had a bump on his head and it hurt, and was swelling up, but nothings seriously wrong. Heidi was in her kennel and a jack went up on the ceiling, then landed on her kennel, and then went out the back window. :eek: She slammed into her kennel door and it is all dented up. She has a few cuts on her face....poor baby...shes had a rough two weeks, first she was bit and then she was in a car accident. The driver side is dented up, and there are a bunch of windows busted out. She released her anal sac fluid when they rolled (EWWW!!!) so I had to give her a bath when my mom came back with them; she had to go and pick them up. I was going to go to the mall with my friend Angie, but then I had to give Heidi a bath, so it was delayed about an hour. But at least everyone is safe, and there are no serious injuries. :) It was pretty scarry for everyone. I was talking to my dad on the phone when he was waiting for the Highway Patrol, and someone stopped to ask them if they wre ok, and I could hear Heidi barking...she normally doesn't do that, so I bet she was pretty shaken up. I can't even imagine what it would be like if they weren't wearing their seat belts or she wasn't in her kennel. I am just glad everyone is safe, and sound. :)

Amber
12-18-2004, 09:20 PM
w:eek:w. Thank God noone was hurt. What a scary thing to go through!

flamepony12
12-18-2004, 09:22 PM
omg! :eek: I'm glad no one was seroiusly hurt. How scary! :eek:

Karen
12-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Thank goodness everyone is okay - that was very scary!

Laura's Babies
12-19-2004, 11:37 AM
You never know when something like that will happen! THANK GOD they had Heid in her kennel or she could have been hurt, at the very least, so scared that she would have ran off.

I am a PREACHER of pets, seat belted in, in KENNELS! My daughter thought I was being silly until she was rear ended the same day she had picked up her cat from my house and I read her the riot act to BUCKLE UP that KENNEL! She called me from the accident scene to tell me what happened and in her panic, she said "Thank GOD you made me seat belt that kennel today..... NOW, I understand why!".

People, that could be anyone of us! Kennel and Buckle up!

Tonya
12-19-2004, 11:47 AM
I am so glad that everyone is ok! How scary! That just goes to show the importance of kennels and seat belts!

KYS
12-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Very scary!!!
I am so glad that everyone is allright.

teenster3
12-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh my.....that's a scary story.
I'm glad too that no one was seriously injured through this ordeal. Aw....poor Heidi, she was probably wondering what the heck happened! That was nice of someone to stop to see if they were alright as well. It seems like a lot of people just plain don't care anymore. I'm glad there are people out there that still do!
My thoughts are with you & your family!
Tina

Christiansmommy
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Thank God everyone was okay!! That is scary! I am glad that those guardian angels were watching over your brother, dad and doggy ;) Give Heidi a hug from me :)

Jods
12-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Glad everyone was okay... Give Heidi hugs for me she must have been terified. As well as your dad and brother.

Miranda_Rae
12-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Heidi is doing all right, her cuts are healing nicely. My dad's head still hurts, but the doctor said it would for at least a week. The doctors at our hospitals are AWFUL though. They forgot he had to have a Cat Scan, and so he was waiting for a couple hours. :rolleyes: While my friend and I were in town yesterday, she was telling me how two of her great uncles had some accidents at the hospital here. One of them had a knife left in his stomache, and the other was dropped by the nurses while they were lifting him onto a gerny (sp?), and they both died. :( I think thats pretty freaky. My dad says that God must have been watching out for them because of the way things went (with the jack and all) they could have been seriously injured, but they weren't so thats good. :) I will give Heidi a hug for you Robyn. ;)