PDA

View Full Version : On the road again...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-18-2004, 03:03 PM
So here I am, almost to St Louis, got the satellite radio going, Peanut's sleeping quietly on the floor next to me, Terry's watching the road because it's windy and it's blowing us around, Tubby's in back, still all "packed up" because I didn't want him rolling around all over the place, and me, well, here I am...ON PT!!!! Isn't technology wonderful!!!

OOps, going over the Mississippi as I type!

Peanut is doing really good. She was meowing a bit this morning, but has settle down and has been napping for the last two hours or so.

Gotta go, though, some radio station is trying to bleed over the satellite radio so I have to go switch stations. No pictures yet because I've got too much else going on, but I'll get some tonight. Most of the day tomorrow we'll be in area where there's not coverage so hopefull I'll see you tomorrow night!

Edwina's Secretary
12-18-2004, 03:21 PM
I bet you are taking the same route we did coming here to Cali! Through St. Louis....across Missouri to Oklahoma...then the Texas panhandle.... It gets REAL desolate when you get to the red mud of Oklahoma.... Interesting how it changes though!

Happy Trails!

catcrazylady
12-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Have a great trip Deb and keep us posted on your whereabouts when you can. Be careful and have fun! Hugs to that adorable traveling beauty!!!:) :) :)

Randi
12-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi Debbie, it's good hearing from you! :) :) Hope the weather settles down and you have a wonderful trip - take care!!

Kisses to Peanut ... and hugs to you two. :)

You know, I'm sure Tubby appreciates coming along!

QueenScoopalot
12-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Have a safe trip Debbie, and glad to see you can keep up with your PT addiction still lol!:D Kisses to Peanut, and happy trails to you and hubby! :)

sirrahbed
12-18-2004, 05:15 PM
W:DW Isn't it amazing - this technology we have!!! I also agree with Jan that this says something about your addiction! But then, even if I go to my DIL's house for the day - I get on PT:D When I was at the airport waiting in Tokyo- I got on PT there, too! Yup - we have it bad.

Have a great trip and lots of fun!!!

Vio&Juni
12-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Yes, technology is a great thing.

Happy trails!

A week ago, my ex-boss said - The world has just discovered Internet, Intranet, we had it long ago - Cabernet.

Laura's Babies
12-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Did you wave at the tow boaters as you crossed the Mississippi?

Ya'll stay safe and watch for the crazies out there! Keep in touch with us here at home base.

lizbud
12-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Have a safe trip and tender hugs to Peanut. :)

moosmom
12-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Tubby's in back, still all "packed up" because I didn't want him rolling around all over the place,

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday!!

(((hugs)))

Donna

Uniqueviking
12-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Have a wonderful and safe trip http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/auto/caravan.gif

Cinder & Smoke
12-19-2004, 01:21 AM
In case you missed an earlier post from Deb in
the Tubby Memorial Thread, I'll try to explain this as best I can...

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

... Peanut's sleeping quietly on the floor next to me,
Terry's watching the road,
Tubby's in back, still all "packed up"
because I didn't want him rolling around all over the place...

In the Memorial Thread Deb had said...

... the Vet's office called and Tubby's ashes are back.
Terry is going to pick them up tomorrow and bring Tubby home.

I'm glad they're back because now Tubby can still
come on the trip with us.

Some might think that is kind of morbid,
but I would hate to leave him home all alone for two weeks....

Then sometime in spring I will take him up to my Mom's place in Wisconsin and spread him around in the woods behind her house. I never let him out without his leash, even though they're out in the country there because they live next to a busy highway, but he so loved it up there, out in the country, and in the woods, watching all the birds, squirrels and chipmunks. And then he can watch over Goofy too, so nothing bad happens to him since he is an outside only kitty.

Before Tubby was <Called to The Bridge>, Debbie and Terry changed
their Christmas travel plans and decided to take the MotorHowze - so
Tubby and Peanut could "ride along" and
they'd ALL Go West as a FAMILY.

Deb & Terry are just keeping their promise ~
Tubby's in back, still all "packed up"
because he's <ridin along> in his "Urn" :( rather than being
able to stand on Deb's seat and serve as Terry's Co-Pilot as
he did on past Road Trips.

I'm sure he's up front In Spirit though,
watching out the windows to be sure Terry doesn't miss a turn.

Durn it! :( I need a hankie... <sniff>

Safe Trip, Guys!!
We're ALL <ridin along> with you on this one!
;)

{{{HUGS}}} from Phred

slick
12-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Oh Phred....you've gone and done it again......:( :(
I'm copying a bit from an email that I got from Debbie earlier today.....

I'm typing as we're on the move, and sending as we go. I think the coverage area gets pretty slim outside of St Louis, and it'll be slim to none most of the day tomorrow, but this new Verizon card works fantastic! I'm lovin' it! The area where we will be in Texas looks like the coverage is pretty good, so I should have good internet access for most of this trip - yee doggy!

So...looks like our Debbie won't be far away after all!! :) :)

moosmom
12-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Got it! ;) Thanks Phred

Barbara
12-19-2004, 09:43 AM
I just cannot believe it- Terry, the kids and you in that motorhome crossing the Mississippi and I know about it.... it's so strange!

Kissies to sweet Peanut - a good and safe trip to all of you.:)

Laura's Babies
12-19-2004, 10:52 AM
I hope you can post somewhat daily to let us know where you are.... that would be SO cool!! It would be like traveling with you!

Someday, you are going to have to explaine to me how that web stuff works from a motor home/boat?

christa
12-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Wishing you all a safe trip! & make sure to give that sweetie Peanut extra *kitty kisses* from all of us!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh Debbie, I am SO happy for you and your family that you can make this wonderful trip!! Wow, you just drove over the bridge between Illinois and Missouri? Brings back sweet nice memories to me, as we lived in St.Louis during 2 years:)
That is soooo sweet of you Debbie to take your Tubby with you. I bet he will be the talk of the town on the RB!!

Cinder & Smoke
12-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies

... explain to me how that web stuff works
from a motor home/boat?

It's Magic! :cool:

The "wireless internet" operates on the Verizon
Digital CELLULAR Telephone system...

Deb has an accessory card plugged into her laptop puter;
instead of plugging into a landline phone jack,
her "wireless card" converts the puter data into a Radio Signal.

*IF* the MotorHowze and the puter are close enough to a Verizon
Cellular TOWER - she can connect (via Radio Waves) to the Internet.

The down side is that Verizon doesn't have Cell "Towers" everywhere :(
and when they're "out in the boonies" and there's no "tower"
close by - the puter can't "connect" and they're out of touch. :(

/s/ Phred

gini
12-19-2004, 11:54 AM
How much fun! You are taking all of us with you on your trip.

Please be safe and have fun. I am glad that Peanuts has settled down and is resting.

And dear sweet Tubby is right there with you......guiding your way.

Modern technology.............pretty amazing!

RedHedd
12-19-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm sitting here all teary-eyed and happy that the WHOLE family is traveling together for Christmas and am happy that we live in this age of technology that we all can stay connected even while on the road. Have a safe trip and very Happy Holidays.

catmandu
12-19-2004, 12:50 PM
That is nice,to travel,and we hope,that You,and Paenuts can samole,some of the Fine Cuisine,down there,and know,that Tubby,is still with you,as My Cat Angels,are always with me.

Vermontcat
12-19-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm glad that you still went on your trip and that you are able to bring both furkids with you.
You know, I still have a little piece of Tubby here with me.
Remember when you sent a bit of his fur with Barbara when she was visiting in June, I still have that tucked away somewhere around here.

rg_girlca
12-19-2004, 03:36 PM
I figured this would be a safe thread to read without any tears.
Then I came to Phred's post explaining to Donna about Tubby.
That did it for me.

Gosh, so many emotions on PT lately.

Hope you all have a fun and safe trip.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all the explanations, Phred, you're right on with all of them. :)

Sara, same route until we hit Oklahoma. Then we headed South on 69 to go directly to the Dallas area, where we are now. Note to anyone heading South on 69 in a motorhome - DON'T DO IT!!! This is the WORST road we have been on in a long long time - ugh!

Now for pictures since Terry is waiting to get on here and read his email.

In no particular order.
Peanut in her favorite box.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p079d8cf19cdd802b15e14d0ad797f307/f5da3624.jpg

Peanut's view while she's sitting in her carrier, on my lap. She's such a good little traveler.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p66f94003430b9eb9cd7ade9e253e0560/f5da3623.jpg

Didn't know I was crazy and didn't know I sold fireworks. ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p606dfca81dfd008643e54d342001d591/f5da3622.jpg

Tubby's temporary spot. We're still on the move everyday so I bring him out in the evening then "pack him up" in the morning again.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p45076dac19775356ca2e54829ce25824/f5da3629.jpg

We stayed at Camp Cracker Barrel last night (Cracker Barrel lets motorhomes stay in their parking lots overnight) and we went to dinner there - the courteous thing to do. While we were dining, Peanut got a chance to relax. We came back to find her in her little bed, all comfy and cozy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/pa09a6a2c9bfc408cd2bbb42fa5bc4909/f5da361a.jpg

Then she was checking everything out, looking for something "up high" so I opened the closet door for her and she was in it like a flash! This is now her new favorite spot, and I've put her little bed in it. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p56a7ace3a9d5e8a958eea7ec1b467fbc/f5da361c.jpg

I've also got a video of her trying to figure out how to get up to the second shelf, but that's going to have to wait because this connection is geeky tonight. Funny how it was so good as we were going down the road, now we're sitting still and it's geeky. :rolleyes:

So I'll be signing off. Thanks everybody - and also thanks for the additional virtual candles for Tubby. I again saved the page so I've got them for eternity.

Laura's Babies
12-19-2004, 10:13 PM
HI DEBBIE! ****wave****wave*** I can say"HI" to you while you are on the road...How COOL!! Stay save out there please.

slick
12-19-2004, 10:32 PM
**whew**
Thanks for checking in Debbie. Sounds like all is well and Peanut is doing just fine. Please give both T & P some kisses and lovin' from Auntie Slick.

Hee Hee Crazy Debbie's fireworks.....sounds like a blast!!!! :D :D

{{{HUGS}}} to you. Nice to see a couple of smilies in your post.
xoxo

shais_mom
12-19-2004, 10:46 PM
have a good trip! will be thinking and praying for you!

krazyaboutkatz
12-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
have a good trip! will be thinking and praying for you! That goes ditto for me too.:) Take care.

Corinna
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Debbie some thing to think about and may be look for . My daughter is getting a prayer box (small box like a charm) and an angel put to getther the ashes of our grand son are in the box sealed. the angel charm is having his birth stone ( his actual due date (daughters idea I would have had actual birth But)) put on it and his name engraved on the box. The jewler is then going to make it in to a pin so she can wear it or put it in the nice wooded box my hubby made that has the sonagram , and all the lovely emails you all sent us.
You can find the boxes in lots of different charm ans silver jewlery websites.

Glad he did make it home for the trip. At least you got to pick him up. Our grandson arrived in the mail,really upset my daughter as we thought we'd go to the docs to pick him up what a shock.

RICHARD
12-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies

Someday, you are going to have to explaine to me how that web stuff works from a motor home/boat?

Easy!

You have a computer and an internet provider.
You get a setup disk and they sent you a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll long black cord...:confused:

ramanth
12-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Have a safe trip! :D

Love the updates. :) Peanut is just a doll. :)

catlover4ever
12-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Debbie, thanks for the wonderful updates. Continue driving safely.

NoahsMommy
12-20-2004, 12:17 PM
How fun! Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

Great pictures, Peanut is such a sweetie pie!

Have a safe trip.

dukedogsmom
12-20-2004, 12:57 PM
That would be so much fun! Peanut sure is cute, liking her bed in the closet like that. I know the trip must be hard without having Tubby there in furson. They sure do know how to get into our hearts, don't they? Have a safe trip!

slick
12-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Just bumping this up in case Debbie checks in today. Hope things are going well Deb.

cruisetime
12-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Debbie - we both must be nuts!!! We are heading out in the RV to go camping in this weather - very unseasonal for Houston!!! We are headed to Brazos Bend State Park in Needville. It is in the 20s at night for the next two nights and they are predicting 50% chance of snow on Friday.... We haven't had any snow here since 1989!!!!!! :) Happy and safe travels!!! :) Debbie and hubby and kitty Meka.... She is going too!!! :) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by cruisetime
We are headed to Brazos Bend State Park in Needville.

OMG I don't believe it!!! We just left there! It's a beautiful park but it was just too far from civilization for us, especially with his cold weather! I mean, if it was 70 outside we'd be on our bicycles and exploring all over, looking for gators.... but when it's 35 and the wind is blowing to beat the band, we just needed a little more civilization.

So we are now in Galveston Island State Park - site #63 if you happen to see this in time! There's plenty of room available so come on over!

Drat - what timing! I couldn't get on because Brazos Bend is 25 miles from the nearest civilization so I couldn't get a signal. Now I've got full signal so let the cold and rain continue because I've got PT! ;)

I'm just doing a quick check in now because we need to go to the grocery store and stuff, but I'll be back with some sweet pictures of Peanut. She's such a good little traveler, I just can't believe it. :D

gini
12-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Debbie, this is so much fun. It makes me feel as though I am on the trip with you.

Here, let me do the grocery shopping for you. What do you want?

OOpps, guess it doesn't work quite like Thursdays, does it?

Stay safe AND WARM!

Cinder & Smoke
12-23-2004, 03:47 PM

... we just needed a little more civilization.

... we need to go to the grocery store and stuff...

Softies! :p

Are you draggin a lil GO-Car behind the Rollin Howze,
or do you take the WHOLE Howze when you go *shoppin*??

And you thought you were "Goin South" to stay WARM for Christmas!!!
HA! - Fooled you guyz!! :p
Guess you shudda loaded the SNOWmobiles stedda the Bikes! :cool:

But you don't know what you're *missin* up HERE! :eek:

Drive SAFE!

slick
12-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Oh Debbie, thanks for checking in. Can hardly wait to see pictures. :) :)

There's plenty of room available so come on over!

I'm on my way!!:)

RICHARD
12-23-2004, 04:22 PM
hi Debbie, Terry and Peanut!:)

Laura's Babies
12-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Freezing here in Southern Louisiana Deb! Hopefully, it'll warm up in a few days!! Stay safe and warm!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
But you don't know what you're *missin* up HERE! :eek:

Drive SAFE!

Oooohhhh yes we do, Phred! We've also got satellite TV so we've seen the news and the snow you guys are getting. I think it was 2 below in Chicago this morning? We are at our high of about 36 right now, but it's still warmer than 2 below and 3 feet of snow! ;) Although we did see flurries this morning. Real light flurries but still flurries none-the-less!

Tomorrow the winds are supposed to stop and the warm weather is supposed to start returning, so hopefully the weatherman is right about that.

Here's a picture of us on the nice sunny beach - yeah, right! We each have about 4 layers on we're still freezing our butts off! Nobody told me I should have brought my snowmobile suit along. ;) :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p51e50bbc049c0cd580f6f1856f7ef8bb/f5cb8fea.jpg

And here's a quick picture of us relaxing. Peanut never does this at home so I just had to get a picture of it. She stayed on my lap until I had to get up and go to the bathroom.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/pf1a03a5d0e48727c9dd958477a19c935/f5cb8fe7.jpg

I've got more pictures, but I'm still working on resizing and uploading them. Seems we're going to have to get another laptop around here since once again Terry is hogging the computer. ;)

We're off for a nice Christmas Eve dinner at Fisherman's Wharf tonight then steak on the grill tomorrow for Christmas day dinner. Yep, we're softies, and proud of it. ;) Oh, and yes, we tow my Chevy Tracker behind so we don't have to move the entire motorhome everytime we go somewhere, much to Peanut's pleasure. ;)

RedHedd
12-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Fisherman's Wharf? Are you in San Francisco? :eek:

Peanut looks cute as ever!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Fisherman's Wharf? Are you in San Francisco? :eek:

That's what I thought, and with the weather the way it is, I almost wish we were! But no, they have one here too. It's also a Landry's so it's the same place, just different location. Errr....did that make sense? :rolleyes:

catcrazylady
12-25-2004, 06:23 AM
I haven't checked in for a couple of days and look what I've missed! You guys are moving on, in great style of course! Peanut looks like she is having a wonderful time too.
You guys have a wonderful time and keep updating. This is fun because we kind of feel like we are traveling too!!
Merry Christmas to you, Terry, and Peanut!!! Stay warm!:D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-25-2004, 11:53 AM
First time ever Southern Texas has seen snow - and we're here - ugh! I thought we were going South to get away from this!

I'm being lazy and attaching this picture of the fun we had this morning. :rolleyes:

catnapper
12-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Glad to see Texas is nice and warm and SUNNY for you! :D ;)

I am so envious of this wonderful trip you are on! Please driv safely through the snow and sludge. Merry Christmas to you!

Edwina's Secretary
12-25-2004, 12:24 PM
It is a gorgeous white Christmas here in Illinois! What a thrill to wake up to a light snowfall this morning!

Cinder & Smoke
12-25-2004, 01:56 PM
:rolleyes:

First time ever Southern Texas has seen snow -
and we're here - ugh!
I thought we were going South to get away from this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/Dogdad/DebInTexasSnowman.jpg
Ho-Ho-H0... BAH, HumBug! ;)

Keep *smilin* Deb! :D

And you drove HOW many miles -
to see :eek: SNOW on Christmas Mornin??

PeaNutter prolly thinks you're both *Daffy*!

(NICE SnowKid!) :p

:D

RedHedd
12-25-2004, 06:28 PM
That's what I thought, and with the weather the way it is, I almost wish we were! But no, they have one here too. It's also a Landry's so it's the same place, just different location. Errr....did that make sense? :rolleyes: LOL ... yes. After I sent that I realized there are "Fisherman Wharves" all over the place, but I always think of the one right here in S.F. because it's so famous.

lisalee
12-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Great pictures! So glad to see your enjoying your trip and Peanut looks so beautiful and very comfortable!:)

Cinder & Smoke
12-26-2004, 12:36 PM
So where ARE "we" today?? :confused:

On the Road Again, chasing the elusive *SUN* -

Or Sitting in Camp, watching the :eek: Snow Melt???

If you're On the Road - Drive SAFE!! ;)

Randi
12-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Debbie, we hope youre having a wonderful Christmas - and yummy food! :) Get stuffed and enjoy it, you don't have to worry about the calories - until the NEW Year! ;)

Where are you heading next?

.....Ohh, the effort you make to get away from Sara!! .... You know, she's in Illinois now - surely enjoying the snow! :D

PS. You know where to find us late evenings. ;) ;)

EDIT: Debbie, sorry about that second line, but I'm sure you know what I mean. John says I could have expressed it more eloquent! :o

gini
12-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Mmmm, tell us what you had for dinner!

I hope you are safe and warm this morning. Don't get stuck in the snow!

rg_girlca
12-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Awww Peanut looks so comfy on your lap. Great pictures.

Hope all is well and you continue to have a safe trip.:)

ramanth
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
I thought of you while hearing of the reports of snow in Texas. :D

Glad to see you had fun. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-28-2004, 08:00 AM
We're still in the same campground - Galveston Island State Park. It's really a nice park - if the durn wind would just die down - but at least the temps have warmed up a bit, 67 today. Christmas dinner was yuuu-mmmy! Had some lobster and crab bisque (soup) as an appetizer and then shrimp and crab fondue for dinner. It was shrimp and crab in a parmesan cheese sauce stuff that you dip bread into. It was SO yummy, but it was very very rich, as was the bisque, and unfortunately my tummy isn't used to all that rich food so it revolted in the middle of the night. :p

Peanut is being her normal goofy self. She fusses all morning, meowing at this and that and meowing at everything. Then about 11:00 am or so, she settles down and sleeps the rest of the day, then comes alive again in the evening, just like at home. :) The campground has really filled in and everyone has dogs! So she is having fun checking all the dogs out as they walk by.:D

Laura's Babies
12-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Great pictures!! I love being able to keep up with you like this. Sounds like a great trip so far and Peanut is handeling it with ease. I can't believe it snowed enough for you/or someone to build a snowman that size! We didn't get anywhere near that much Christmas day.

cruisetime
12-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Debbie - I just got on - I can't believe you were at Brazos Bend!!!!! I just missed you!!!! :( :( It is an awesome park when the weather is permitting - it is huge! I'll post some pictures tomorrow to show you what the snow was like - it was about 4 inches late in the night of Christmas Eve and into Christmas. SOOOOO Beautiful! We luckaly had neighbor angels in the night that banged on our door and wouldn't stop at midnight Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. They told us to check out our awning and we are sooooo glad!!! We didn't belive it really would snow (hasn't snowed in Houston like this since before an 80 year old man can remember) so didn't take much precaution for the awning and by midnight there was so much on it we could barely open the door so thanks to neighbors we put on our 5 layers of clothes and pushed our way outside into a beautiful winter wonderland! And an awning about to bend under the snow - the neighbors came back over and helped get the snow off and we rolled it up. SO VERY GRATEFUL!! Meka didn't know what to make of it all and it was soooooo cold!!! But at midnight we were the first ones to put our footsteps in the snow on the road and it was incredibly beautiful! :) MErry Christmas! Hope this week is more like the normal Texas weather though! I'm still thawing out! We had to unhook the water every night and drain the lines in case with 20 degree weather and the park cut the water off totally Christmas Eve night at 4pm.... Love that fresh water tank! :) Debbie and Meka and Hubby

Cinder & Smoke
12-28-2004, 11:45 PM

We're still in the same campground -
Galveston Island State Park.
It's really a nice park -
if the durn wind would just die down...

Read all about it >>> Galveston Island State Park (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/galvesto/) ;)

That report was at 9 AM Tuesday...
Wonder if "we're" still there?? :confused:

So Deb -
Where are "we" headed to next??

Be sure to have Terry *HONK* before ya pull out -
"We" don't wanna :eek: Miss da Bus!!

;)

Lillycat
12-29-2004, 08:26 AM
gee, i am more out of it then i thought.....i just found this thread and really LOVE it.....debbie, i loved your christmas picture.....smirk....sara, i didnt know you came to cgo for christmas.....geez.....no one tells me anything!!!!.....debbie, cant wait for the next posts!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Well, we're leaving Galveston today! Have to get away from the wind and the rain - sheesh! :rolleyes: So we're headed to Baton Rouge for two days, where we'll get to meet up with Laura's Babies!

Gotta go, gotta get this place ready for travel again. :D

Killearn Kitties
12-30-2004, 07:13 AM
Sounds great! Definitely move away from that wind and rain! Hope it's sunny where you are going.

Cinder & Smoke
12-30-2004, 12:11 PM

Well, we're leaving Galveston today!
Have to get away from the wind and the rain -
sheesh! :rolleyes:

Gotta go,
gotta get this place ready for travel again. :D

:cool:
Oh, GOODIE ~ Road Trip!! :D

ALL ABOARD!!

Peanut ~ All set??

Tubby ~ You in here? ~ HANG ON! (Daddy's drivin!) :p

And they're *OFF* ...

*HONK* *HONK* :D

Drive SAFE!!
;)

Cinder & Smoke
12-30-2004, 11:33 PM
??

Are we THERE yet, Mom?

An by-da-by -

Where ARE we??

:confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Yep, we're here now, in Denham Springs, LA and FINALLY we have good weather. a bit cloudy, but warm and NO WIND! Laura should be visiting sometime today. Wasn't a bad drive yesterday but boy did we get dirty! There was just enough rain to create the dreaded spray, and that along with the sand that Texas put down for the snow the other day and whew! I've never seen my car so dirty and Terry says he's never seen the motorhome so dirty! I couldn't even see out the windows of the car on my way to the car wash! Both are clean as can be now...until we hit the road again. :rolleyes:

So we're here. We've got the front door open (screen door closed) and Peanut has already been on the step checking out all the new sniffs and she has now settled down - I think it's nap time since she was tickling me with her whiskers and waking me up at 5:00 am! Peanut, don't you know we're on vacation and that means I get to sleep in! :rolleyes: ;) :D

QueenScoopalot
12-31-2004, 08:51 AM
This has been such fun going along on your trip! Give Laura a big hug from me, and have fun in Louisiana! :D :D

cruisetime
12-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Thought I'd post a picture of Brazos Bend State Park after you left....

Cinder & Smoke
12-31-2004, 12:15 PM

Yep, we're here now, in Denham Springs, LA, and
FINALLY we have good weather.
A bit cloudy, but warm and NO WIND!

We've got the front door open (screen door closed) and
Peanut has already been on the step checking out
all the new sniffs ...

Welcome to LA!! :)

Hmmmmm - Denham Springs...

Are we in the Baton Rouge East KOA (http://www.koa.com/where/la/18105/) or
the Tranquility Lakes RV Campground ??

Nice that you've finally found some "open door" weather!!
Believe it or not - we've *almost* got "open door" temps in OHIO today -
Upper 50's on New Years Eve!! :p

Talk about "DIRTY" ~
The Dawgs just returned from an outie and ~
:eek: ~ Where have you BEEN!??? LOOKIT you two!! :mad:

We looked ebberywhere, Dad...
Notta *bit* of da White Stuff ta be found! ALL gone!
(Sure is *muddie*, though!) :o
Gotta towel handy?

So where are you going to be for the "Ball Drop" tonight -
OUT for a "Partee" or IN for a "quiet" nite??

Whatever you do -
Have a very HAPPIE New Year!! :) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
So where are you going to be for the "Ball Drop" tonight -
OUT for a "Partee" or IN for a "quiet" nite??

Whatever you do -
Have a very HAPPIE New Year!! :) :D

You too, Phred. :D We'll be fast asleep when the ball drops since we have to get up early tomorrow and head home. :( Gotta put some miles behind us so we don't get in too late Sunday so we have time to settle in a bit and relax before we head back to work on Monday. Work - ugh! Perish the thought! But I guess that's what one has to do in order to be able to take vacations like this one. I'ts about 70 degrees out right now and the sun is breaking through the clouds - aaahhhh....vacation...what a life. ;) :D

Debbie, Brazos Bend looks just like Galveston Island looked - white! It was probably a treat for you guys since you don't see snow that often, but it's exactly what we were trying to get away from. Oh well, only so many people can say they've seen snow in Southern Texas, and I guess now we're amongst those few. :rolleyes: ;) :D

jazzcat
12-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Debbie - so you had a white Christmas after all. Maybe the snow followed you, LOL. My brother lives in Dallas and drove here to east TN for Christmas. It took them three days and 24 hours of driving to make the normal 12 hour drive because of all the snow and ice across Arkansas and west TN. They said the snow ended in Nashville. That is odd because east TN usually gets more snow than west or middle TN. Odd Christmas this year.

I hope you guys have a safe trip back and I'll be looking for updates on the road. Happy New Year!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Lori, I heard about that bad weather. We met some guys in Galveston - who have the exact same motorhome as we do - who drove down from near Paducah, KY in that weather. They had to turn around a few times because down here when it gets icy, they just close the bridges and you have to find another way around. It took them 3 times as long to get anywhere, just like your brother. I sure am glad all that weather is gone for our trip home. We were ahead of it on the way down, and it sounds like the worst we'll get on the way home is some rain - whew!

Cinder & Smoke
12-31-2004, 06:53 PM

... sounds like the worst we'll get on the way home
is some rain - whew!

Rain :eek: ~ What did you expect?? ~

You just *WASHED* the MotorHowze AND the TagAlong!! :p

HAPPIE New Year ~
and Drive SAFE!! :)

We'll *see* ya Next Year when you get Home!

:D

slick
12-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Debbie.....so glad you are checking in on a regular basis. This really is neat, because it's like we were in the "motorhowze" with you all the way.

I sure wish I had a US map so I could see the route you are taking. When are you due back home?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-01-2005, 06:41 AM
We'll be home sometime tomorrow afternoon, if all goes as planned. My internet connection will be non-existant until we get to Memphis, so don't worry if you don't hear from me until we get home. We're leaving here in about an hour, so I really should be getting ready to go, but I had to check in one last time.

On the road again. I just can't wait to get on the road again....:D

Oh, I have to tell you about Peanut yesterday when we were on the road. She was all nice and quiet in her carrier. Then she started meowing and fussing. I picked her up and put her on my lap and she was quiet for awhile, but then she started fussing again. I thought she might have to go pee pee, so I put her in the litterbox and sure enough, she pee peed. Then later, it was the same routine. Fuss, fuss, fuss put her in the litterbox and she pee peed. So now I know, she's just like a little doggy that yaps at the door when she has to go to the bathroom. Such a good little traveler. :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-02-2005, 08:43 PM
:confused:

Hey Peanut ~

Are "we" HOME, yet??

We'll be home sometime tomorrow afternoon,
if all goes as planned.

Wunder if "we" hadda stop at da Rollin Howze Wash
onna way Home ta "clean up" da Bus and the Tag-a-Long??

HOPE All is Well and you're Home ~ Safe & Sound!!

MANY **THANKS** for takin us ALL along on the Big Trip!!
We hadda ***BLAST***!! :D

;)

Laura's Babies
01-03-2005, 08:48 AM
OK you two! Time for you to check in and let us know you made it home! Home again, home again? Back to work today?.. UGH!:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Yes, we're home and yes, we're back to work today - ugh! I'm just doing a quick scan of PT and some quick responses because my desk is overflowing :rolleyes: and my boss is on his way in - joy of joys.

Phred, we didn't wash the motorhome on the way home, but Terry did have to wash it once we got home. We pulled in the parking lot about 4:30 pm, but we didn't actually get to relax until about 8:00 pm. We had to unload everything - what a pain that is - and then we had to cover it so it's all ready for it's winter nap. We winterized in the morning while we were in Sikeston, MO (where we stayed for the night) since it was over 60 degrees there! By the time we got home it was about 40 or so, which was nice enough, but I'm glad we got that done while it was warmer outside.

So, Peanut is home again, but has kept up her routine. Morning fussing - meowing over everything - and I'm sure she's calmed down by now and is in her little bed near Terry who is working out of the house today. Funny though, we never used to hear a peep out of her, and now she's fussing all the time. Time, me thinks, to start looking into getting her another brother.......;)

Thanks, everybody, for hanging with us in our travels. :D

Randi
01-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Debbie, thanks for letting us come along with you, almost like being there. Glad you're home safely. :) I bet Peanut will be chatting away over the next few days - so much to tell. :D

Give her scritchies and kisses from us.

Hope to "see" you soon! ;)

Cincy'sMom
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Funny though, we never used to hear a peep out of her, and now she's fussing all the time. Time, me thinks, to start looking into getting her another brother.......;)

You know...i was just thinking this a about an hour ago...

I went to lunch with some freinds and since I was in the neighborhood stopped by the humane soceity. I went in to visit the cats, and saw this gorgeous boy in the corner...an American Shoeshoe (?) Beautiful blue eyes, white cat with black on his face and a siamese colored, brown back.

I went over to look closer, and he just sat there...but his kennel mate, this GORGEOUS black beauty, jumped down from the highest perch, came over and stuck his paw out to say hello. I stuck my finger in the cage and started rubbing his ears, and he was LOVING it! What a sweetheart!! I stood to walk away, and he stood too, and reached his paw back out of the kennel..he grabbed my finger and pulled it back in. Now his hair was a little too long for my allergies to deal with, but I started thinking, who can I get this cat for? I left and was driving home when it hit me...I have some freinds driving to Chicago this weekend.....

jazzcat
01-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Debbie - I'm glad you guys are back home safely. It was fun following your travels in progress.

Phred - I like the way your mind thinks!;)

RICHARD
01-03-2005, 01:00 PM

Oh, I have to tell you about Peanut yesterday when we were on the road. She was all nice and quiet in her carrier. Then she started meowing and fussing. I picked her up and put her on my lap and she was quiet for awhile, but then she started fussing again. I thought she might have to go pee pee, so I put her in the litterbox and sure enough, she pee peed.

What trip would be complete without a woman fussing about a
BR break???;)

Laura's Babies
01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Have you checked in on Cracker Jack yet? Is he still there?

QueenScoopalot
01-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Glad you made it back home safely Deb! Give Peanut some shmoozles and kisses for me, and don't work too hard. It's tough going back to "reality" huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: