PDA

View Full Version : Another Puppy Miller Busted! YAY!

QueenScoopalot
12-18-2004, 11:00 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/10353650.htm?1c

Miamian charged with running puppy mill, supplying invalid papers

Associated Press

MIAMI - A South Florida man was arrested Monday on charges he was operating a puppy mill that sold sick and underage puppies.

Peter George Katsaras, 30, was charged with organized scheme to defraud, using stolen certificates of veterinary inspection and intentionally selling underage dogs.

The 11-month investigation found at least eight customers who said they paid a total of $7,200 to Katsaras for Rotweiller puppies or bulldogs during the past two years, according to a release from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

Some of the puppies died of disease, and other owners had to pay significant veterinary bills for their sick animals.

State law dictates that puppies or kittens under the age of eight weeks can not be sold. Animals also must have an official certificate of veterinary inspection signed by a veterinarian.

Katsaras did not return a phone call seeking comment Monday.

GraciesMommy
12-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Another one bites the dust!

tatsxxx11
12-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Bye Bye!!!

teenster3
12-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Why, why do these mills have to exist in our world?
I didin't know they did until a couple years ago.
I wish there was more I COULD DO to stop them! The best I can do for now...is get the word out. Many people are like me & haven't even heard of "mills" before!
I hope he gets sentenced for life, in a kennel, with no food or medical attention like HE deserves!!!:mad:
Tina

Laura's Babies
12-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Disgusting! I HATE those mills!! Close them all!!!!