PDA

View Full Version : Fritz bad boy today!

fritz03
12-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Fritz was a bad boy today.He went outside to do his business,but i guess he was cold so he came back in.He wasn't in 5 minutes and he peed on the bathroom mat next to the toilet.I know it was the bathroom,but still the wrong place to doit.needless to say,me and my parents weren't thrilled about it.I had him smell the mat and he knew then he had done wrong.We had a heck of a time training him to go out.He would pee or poop anywhere in the house and it got to be a problem.Then when he got to be a year old he would go up and stand and bark at the back door if he wanted out.to get himback inwhether he did something or not,we have to give him a Iams dog bone to get him in.Now when were downstairs,he looks at me and then sits up and begs and wants to go out.Sometime he is not out a couple minutes he will bark at someone walking by.The other day he was barking ou tthere and he saw a plastic bag blow,so i had to go out and get it and throw it away.He'll bark at anything that doesn't belong,like my Doritos bag on the Stereo.When he comes in from outside and not done anything,the little fella will pee somwhere and I'm the unfortunate one who steps in it and have to change socks twice a day.Thought I would share that little gem of info with you.

GraciesMommy
12-17-2004, 08:39 PM
There is no way Gracie is going to go out and be done with every thing in just a few minutes..every trip outside lasts at least 10 min. She thinks she has to have just the right place..but we have enclosed patio and so we just sit out and let her take her time. We got her when she was 9 weeks and she has had 2 poo accidents and 4 pee accidents total and she is 7 months Christmas day so she has been super easy. Last accident she had was probably 3 weeks ago.. Maybe with the colder weather she will speed things up..lol.

vinjashira
12-18-2004, 03:26 AM
yes, give them time ;)

Rachel
12-18-2004, 04:33 PM
I do have to say the more I learn about Fritz, the more I think he and Hannah were cut from the same cloth. We used to refer to Hannah as *the dog who will not be housetrained*. I won't go into all the details, just suffice it to say, it was awful. Yet somewhere along the line, she decided to do it my way, and I do believe it was around 2 years old. Since then she has been my Miss Reliable (unless you count the I'm so excited to greet a visitor leaks).

You may just have to go back to all the techniques that one uses initially. Dare I suggest going out with Fritz to see that he does what he is supposed to do? I know, that is the last thing one wants to do in the cold of winter, but sometimes deparate situations call for a stepped up plan of action.

tatsxxx11
12-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh Fritz:D There's nothing worse than wet socks!:D