PDA

View Full Version : I am going out of my mind!!!!!!!

moosmom
12-17-2004, 06:53 PM
I bought my daughter a pair of real pearl and marcasite stud earrings for Christmas. Because my cats have a tendency to play with weird stuff, I put them some place where they couldn't get to them. Now I can't remember where they are!!!!

I've looked everywhere! God, I hate getting old!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
12-17-2004, 06:55 PM
OH i hate that.. I always put certain things places, just so i wouldn't lose them, and end up not knowing where they are.. Ahh..

Hope you find them!

GraciesMommy
12-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Join the club! I do that too...

chocolatepuppy
12-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Too funny! I got a gold watch two years ago for ten years with my company. I received it at our Christmas party. Last year while getting ready for my Christmas party I look for the watch and couldn't remember where I put it!:rolleyes: So I had to go without it. This year I made sure I found where I hid it and got to wear it! :D

slleipnir
12-17-2004, 08:59 PM
My mom does that ALL the time :rolleyes: She's like 'I hid my money so those kids wouldn't take it...but now where'd I put it?!' then she gets all fustrated and gives up then finds it when she's looking for something else..:rolleyes:

Tonya
12-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Awww, didja find it yet? Don't you hate that?! I have been doing that alot lately. I have this ring that my husband and son got me for mother's day. Just a week or two ago, I looked at it on my hand and I decided to clean it. I walked to the bathroom where I keep my jewlery cleaner, got the cleaner and walked back to the kitchen table and sat down. I looked at my hand and the ring was gone! I don't even remember removing it. I still haven't found it but it has to be somewhere between the path of kitchen table to the bathroom.

rg_girlca
12-17-2004, 11:00 PM
LOL I'm sorry Donna I don't mean to laugh, welllllllll....... ya I do, as I have been there and done that.

The thing that I am SOOOO good at, is going into another room to get something and when I get there, I forgot what it was I was going for. So I have to go back to the room I just came out of and 9 out of 10 times, I remember what it is I was going for.

Hope you find them before Christmas. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
The thing that I am SOOOO good at, is going into another room to get something and when I get there, I forgot what it was I was going for. So I have to go back to the room I just came out of and 9 out of 10 times, I remember what it is I was going for.

Sounds sooooo familiar ;) :D !!
I bought a new sweater for the holidays, and now I cannot find it anywhere :eek: :eek:

Lillycat
12-18-2004, 06:20 AM
i feel better already.......smile.....;)

moosmom
12-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Nope, haven't found them yet. *sigh* I might just end up giving her my pair of ruby/diamond lever back earrings.

Tonya,

Did you look in the jar of jewelry cleaner?? I've done that before too. Put my rings in the jewelry cleaner jar and forget about them. The one thing I am terrified of losing is my grandmother's diamond wedding ring!!!

sirrahbed
12-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Medicine cabinet? Spice rack?

cookieluver7
12-18-2004, 09:55 AM
hee hee :D hate it when that happens!

moosmom
12-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Medicine cabinet?

Nope

Spice rack?

Nope

I finally gave up for now. I HAD to get the package out by today. So I substituted them for a pair of silver and garnet lever back earrings from Prague that my SIL bought me and I never wear. I did have a nice box to put them in, though.

I feel like the old lady aunt on "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" where she takes things from her house, wraps them up and gives them as gifts. :rolleyes: I wasn't about to part with my diamond and ruby earrings.

Karen
12-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Several years ago for Christmas I got an I.O.U. from my Mom. She had bought me a present (a lovely sterling inset with coral and turquiose butterfly pin) in April, when she was in D.C. for an annual convention. She knew she got it home, had showed it to Paul sometime that summer - then put it in a "safe place."

New Year's Day I got a phone call:

"Hi! I was looking for a disk on the floor behind my desk ..."

(I bite my tongue from saying "Ma! Disks don't belong on the floor!")

"... and I found your Christmas present!"

Tell you what, Donna - try that! ;) Also the freezer, and closets ... then you can make a similar phone call!

sirrahbed
12-18-2004, 05:02 PM
silverware drawer?

underwear drawer?

pen and pencil holder?
:rolleyes:

Corinna
12-18-2004, 05:56 PM
around here its the fridge. LLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG story

carole
12-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Donna if its any consolation I do exactly the same thing, but now I tell everyone where I put things, its a back-up because I will surely forget, but I guess the kitties aren't too good at that.:D keeping our fingers and paws crossed you find them and soon.

moosmom
12-18-2004, 06:28 PM
silverware drawer?

underwear drawer?

pen and pencil holder?

Nope, Nope and nope.

From now on when I put something away, I'm going to write it down on my wipe-off REMINDER board. DUH!!!!

jenluckenbach
12-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Last year I hid Charlie's Christmas present so well that it wasn't found until well into March. :o

QueenScoopalot
12-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Donna, They're with your glasses!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D Sorry, I couldn't resist. I think we're all in the same club though. I don't know how often I've misplaced things, only to find them months later when I'm not even looking for them. *sigh* It's the kitty litter dust. :rolleyes:

Fett
12-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Maybe it's IN the kitty litter dust. ;)

moosmom
12-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Maybe I inhaled too much kitty litter fumes!! :p :p :p My mind is a terrible thing!

mina'smomma
12-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I bought my daughter a pair of real pearl and marcasite stud earrings for Christmas. Because my cats have a tendency to play with weird stuff, I put them some place where they couldn't get to them. Now I can't remember where they are!!!!

I've looked everywhere! God, I hate getting old!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Check YOUR jewlery box. I did that with the mother's ring that my brothers and I purchased, and just found it last night.

RICHARD
12-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

From now on when I put something away, I'm going to write it down on my wipe-off REMINDER board. DUH!!!!

Mr. Burglar,

The family heirlooms are in the closet, behind the shoe boxes.

The box of checks is in the desk- bottom door, right hand side.

The ceramic box on the dresser contains the jewelry...

The earrings are cubic....everything else is good....

:eek:
------------------------------------------------

Take a minute...

Turn off all the noise in your place.
Sit down lie down and retrace your steps....

Start with when you walked in the door....

Think about where you were, what you were doing and the last place you had them...

Happy hunting!!!

---------------------------------------------------

I have a set of keys that are lost in my place.........a year now!!!

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

moosmom
12-20-2004, 02:59 PM
RICHARD,

Have you ANY idea what you're asking??? We're talking about a 51 year old mind here. Fried by plants and pharmaceuticals in my youth so long ago.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast this MORNING. It's literally impossible for me to remember THAT far back!

Hopefully I'll find them in time for her birthday, which is in March.

*sigh*