PDA

View Full Version : EWWWWWWWWE Goo!

catcrazylady
12-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Ok, I need advice soon! I noticed an odor yesterday when I was playing with Goo and again when I went to bed last night while Magoo was beside me. Upon checking the tail end this evening I discovered that it is really GROSS!!! Here is the problem-I don't have a bathtub! All we have is a stand up shower and there is no way I'm giving that butt a bath in the kitchen sink!!!:eek: With Magoo's previous ummm :rolleyes: biting:rolleyes: I am very nervous about how to handle this. I believe it is also going to require some hair clipping. I don't want to over stress Magoo or get the snot bit out of me either!;) Any suggestions on how to handle this?
I know it's going to require both hubby and I but beyond that I'm not sure what to do.

I know, dress in a suit of armour and say a lot of prayers!!;)

HELP!!!!

Magoo has a vet appointment in the morning to get his eye drained and I will not take him in like this! YUK!

NoahsMommy
12-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Sounds like its going to take some creative planning. ;) I would grab him, take him in the shower, close the door and get him cleaned up in there. Most vet (if not all) will do a "sanitary clip" for a small fee during any visit.

Good luck. Maybe you could file/trim his claws first?

OR...what about baby wipes??

catcrazylady
12-17-2004, 05:19 PM
I thought about baby wipes Kelly but once I looked I believe we are past that point!:eek: It' my fault and I wish I had noticed it sooner. He has such a hairy behind! They eat Purina Cat Chow and I found the Indoor formula that has less calories and more greens for them. I have been mixing the two foods and haven't completely transferred them over yet. I think this is where the probem began. Magoo is a clean freak and is constantly grooming. I have never noticed any kind of problem with him before so I believe the food has something to do with it. I've also noticed that the others seem like they have a lots of gas too. No more of that food!!

Thanks for the suggestions Kelly but there is NO WAY I'm locking myself in a shower stall with a ticked off Magoo!!;) :D

Randi
12-17-2004, 05:22 PM
How about ..... have a wet cotton make-up pad ready, when he's sitting all calm and relaxed, stroke him on the lower back - he'll most likely do the "elevator" butt, and you can wipe him. ;)

Good luck cleaning him up! :)

sirrahbed
12-17-2004, 05:26 PM
I was thinking along the same idea as Randi only with something bigger like a warm sudsy handtowel.

If it were me, I'd probably opt for the kitchen sink and then just clorox it out real well afterwards:rolleyes:

Then, a nice butt clip would be a good idea - like Kelly mentioned:D

catcrazylady
12-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Ok, I think we have a plan. We have an old litter box and I'm going to put some warm water in it. We are going to place a big towel on the kitchen table with the tub of warm water. I'm going to only put his back legs in there. Hubby, wearing sweatshirt, heavy coat, and gloves will hold Magoo while I wash said back side. I need him higher up so I can see where he may need some clipping.
Anyone reading from this point on please start praying because I really don't want to spend Friday night in the emergency room!:eek:
I'll come back later and let you know how it goes, if I can still type that is!;) :D

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Ewwwwwwie! Yes, clip those nails FIRST! Rubber gloves, band aids, scissors, BIG towels ect.... What about hubba wrapping him in a big towel except his head like a burrito and you work from the "other" end.. Clip. clip, snip , snip wash, wash, and so on?? Maybe even get a sedative from the vet?

GraciesMommy
12-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Ok I think you should also video tape this "just in case" for Funniest Home Videos..sounds like it will be a winner!

Grace
12-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Good luck!!

RedHedd
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
Ok I think you should also video tape this "just in case" for Funniest Home Videos..sounds like it will be a winner! :D It will be right up there with Sirrahbed's butt bath series! :D

jenluckenbach
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
I am a FIRM believer in the cat muzzle. Any house with a "questionable" personality cat, should have one :eek: Never leave home without it ;) :D:D

GOOD LUCK

RICHARD
12-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
What about hubba wrapping him in a big towel except his head like a burrito and you work from the "other" end..

As a lover of all food, Mexican and otherwise, I protest your characterization of the 'Gooster as a "poo burrito"...

As always the filling is great....it's the stuff that falls out of the "ends" that is the problem.:D

-----------------------------------

Go slow and use calm soothing voices to communicate between yourselves.....

THEY CAN SMELL PANIC.........Just like you smelled the....forget it....

-------------------------------------

One good thing about white cats???

Poo is brown.....

:rolleyes:

moosmom
12-17-2004, 06:27 PM
RICHARD,

ROFLMAO!!!!

I say take him to the vet and let THEM deal with it. I would also suggest that if you DO have a death wish (no offense Goo OR Lisa) that you wear industrial strength gloves made of leather that go up to the armpits!!

Do you think it could be his anal glands that need expressing??

RICHARD
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I am sorry CCL..

Instead of a 'Goo 'burrito' how's about an Oriental 'Goo dish??

Moo GOO Gai Poo???

-------------------------------
CCL: Time for your trim.......

Goo: Could you clean up the back a little?

ba dump!

------------------------------

Please be a good guy Magoo!

The eyes of Pet Talk are on you,and your mom, and your dad, and your rear end............:eek:

MM,

I think his rear end had expressed itself in a rather fragrant manner.....
:eek:

moosmom
12-17-2004, 06:39 PM
RICHARD,

Stop it!!! You're killing me here with your jokes! I've got tears streaming down my face and my stomach hurts from laughing so hard!!!

Moo GOO Gai Poo???

From Moo:

"I am appalled to be referred to in that manner!!!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/pc5da4eedfd32340bf6ffb36ac26ada47/f79b43fa.jpg

QueenScoopalot
12-17-2004, 07:25 PM
ROFLMAO mainly at RICHARDS stream of comments! Sorry CCL, but I'd stick Gooster in a carrier, and let the vet & techs buzz the stink off in the morning! ;)

catcrazylady
12-17-2004, 08:40 PM
ROFLOMBO!!! Richard you are a nut! I needed that laugh after our adventure. Just to let you all know....the vet will be taking care of business tomorrow!!:rolleyes: We now know for certain that Goo does NOT like water. Once I really got a good look at what we were dealing with I knew we were in deep dark trouble. GROSS GROSS and GROSSER!!! I did a little bit of clipping while hubby begged me to hurry.
The scene went something like this.

Find Magoo
Get table, pan of water, and rag ready
Hubby puts on heavy coat and gloves
Pick up Magoo
Magoo screams
Hubby lowers Magoo's back legs into 1 inch of warm water
Magoo SCREAMS and KICKS
Hubby SCREAMS "Hurry, I'm bleeding already!"
I raise the tail
I wretch!!!
I soak back end
Magoo SCREAMS some more
I lather back side
Wretch!
Scrub back end
Hubby is desperately trying to hold Goo still
I attempt to rinse
I wretch
Goo SCREAMS louder
I get scissors
Hubby bleeds some more
I trim a tiny piece of a mat
Goo SCREAMS
I wretch!

At that point we quit, gave Magoo some turkey for being such a good boy (yeah, right!) and decide that it will no longer be embarassing to take a stinky Magoo to the vet tomorrow!

Moo Goo Gai POO!!! Thats absolutely hilarious!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Uniqueviking
12-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry (especially to your hubby), but that description had me http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-001.gif

Poor little ANGRY Goo, lol!

RICHARD
12-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Again I apologize for all the bad humor......

Did you ever notice that when you try to help your cats they scream like you are killing them???

Notice,

Goo gets turkey...

Hubby?

Nothing, not even a thank you!!!
:confused:

-----------------------------------------------

I'll be here all weekend, thank you for coming and don't forget to tip your servers!!!

slick
12-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Poor "honey" Magoo, how could you "bear" to be humiliated like that?? I don't think Pooh is stinky!!!! :D :D

catcrazylady
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Just a quick update: Went into the bedroom and noticed my pillow looked strange. Upon closer inspection I realize that it is covered in smeared Goo Poo!!!:eek: :eek: I guess he took his wet nasty butt and wiped it on my pillow! If I could find him I would choke his turkey right out of him!!!:mad: That little brat always manages to get even and then some!!!

Why do our cats constantly show their displeasure at everything on our bed?:confused: Thank goodness I had a thick quilted pillow protector on that pillow or I just might be packing that boy off to California to Richard!!!

Uniqueviking
12-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Revenge of the Goo http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-016.gif

Craftlady
12-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I was reading the thread to hubby and got to the pillow part and lost it. ROFL

rg_girlca
12-17-2004, 10:02 PM
OH MY GOSH! I was sitting here on pins and needles reading through all the posts.

I'm glad that you decided to let the vets handle it.

Is your hubby okay Lisa? Has Magoo forgiven the both of you yet?

Oh Magoo, sweetie, I am so sorry you had to go through this.
Please try to keep your ummmm back end clean so you don't have to go through this again. (Which I doubt meowmie and daddy will try to do again.)

Love you Magoo.

rg_girlca
12-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh I guess we were posting at the same time Lisa.

I guess from what Magoo did to your pillow, he hasn't quite forgiven you yet.:eek:

RICHARD
12-18-2004, 12:05 AM
I ain't skeerd!!!!!!

:eek:

Try that with poo mixed with vaseline on a long haired Lhasa Apso.......;)

leslie
12-18-2004, 12:13 AM
just now seeing this lisa! I would have told you from the get go to let the vets do it! they have the white coats to strap him up and keep him calm... I'm sure you're office visit alone must cover such a simple "procedure"!!!! (For example, my vet always trims nails without asking or charging..). What a sweet Magoo for sharing his sorrow with you on your bed- he wasn't sure if you knew what he went through! He is just confused! Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Vio&Juni
12-18-2004, 01:38 AM
hehehe, that is WHY Pichu gets his hair trimmed there once in a while :)

I tried to wash his back paws once :rolleyes: ALONE!!! :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
12-18-2004, 03:28 AM
As a GROOMER who has seen more than one messy butt :eek: I say...........Now you know what I do every day!......ROTFLOL

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-18-2004, 03:29 AM
LOL!!! I am still laughing :) :) !!
My Inka has a "hairy" butt too; luckily, she likes it when to have her behind and legs in some warm water ;) :D

moosmom
12-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Oh the humiliation!!! Unfortunately no one was there with a video camera. Taping you and hubby trying to bathe the Gooster is priceless in itself. "How NOT to bathe a cat 101"

Every once in a while MooShoo will have poo on his nekked tail and try to go under the covers. Fortunately I have a good nose for that kinda stuff with him.

Laura's Babies
12-18-2004, 08:13 AM
How one stinky butt could cause so much laughter.... RICHARD!! It is all your fault!

Lisa, let us know how it goes at the white coats and how long our Gooster stays mad at you for this ordeal...

catmandu
12-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Maybe a disposable basin,or the laundry tub,which is waht I had to do,with RB Fluffy,when the poo,couldnt get past all the Fur,on his derrier.We wish you luck,as Scrappy Magoo,hates that as much,as you do.

RICHARD
12-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/pc5da4eedfd32340bf6ffb36ac26ada47/f79b43fa.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL,

I thought about this picture all weekend.

I think we should replace the rolly eyes icon with this picture!

hdeneise
12-20-2004, 04:27 PM
I've got to screen for Richard's posts before I start reading at work!!!:D Do you know how hard it is to keep all that in???

Poor Goo, he's so badly mistreated and unloved. :rolleyes: