PDA

View Full Version : Oh what is she doing?!

catnapper
12-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Abby is driving me NUTS today. She's sitting downstairs crying non-stop. She sees me, runs to me, headbumps me and walks away. I know she doesn't want food since the bowls are full, same with water. She doesn't want Allen or Pouncer. She doesn't want to play with me.

I pick her up, she cuddles for a mere moment and jumps down. She keeps crying and looking like she wants me to follow her. I say, "what sweetie?" and she meows back... I try to follow her and she stops dead in the middle of a room, or by her food, etc.

I *hope* its not the start of her going into heat. Is she too young? Only 5 months. If she is, then good thing Harry got fixed yesterday! :D But she and Harry are also inseparable during the day - always napping and playing together. Harry's been at Jen's since Wednesday night. I tried putting her with Allen and she wasn't the least bit interested in him... she gave him a half-heartd headbumpie and walked away. I'm thinking that its just that she misses her brother.

ANY ideas what she could be crying for? Could it really be that she is missing Harry?

jazzcat
12-17-2004, 01:31 PM
When I called to make R&R's snip appointment for Jan. 6th they told me that females can go into heat as early as 4 months but average was in the 5-6 month range. It could be that for Abby but I bet she's just missing Harry, at least I hope that is it.

Keep us posted.

Barbara
12-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I *hope* its not the start of her going into heat. Is she too young? Only 5 months.

ANY ideas what she could be crying for? Could it really be that she is missing Harry?

heat: yes, not impossible. Tigris's mom was hardly 6 months when she started to date that guy who was to become Tigris' dad. We are glad she did but her owners weren't ;)

Missing Harry: yes, for sure. Cats react sensitive to anything that's different- and no Harry IS different:)

catnapper
12-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Here's the little cry-baby posing in my office. I tried to take a video to show you all... of course she was dead silent and didn't meow once. :rolleyes: Figures!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Abby-posing.jpg

Barbara
12-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Abby if I was a catboy I'd run to be close to you:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Awwwww, Abby is so precious!!! What a girl!
I think that she is in heat... does she roll on the floor too?

catnapper
12-17-2004, 01:54 PM
rolling... hmmm... yes, but she has always been a floor roller. Is there any... ummm... 'stuff' I should be on the lookout for coming from certain areas? I've never had a girl cat before and I have NO CLUE here! Help!

Yes Jen, once you read this, you can laugh at me! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-17-2004, 02:03 PM
With my recent experience with Peanut and Tubby being gone, I'm saying that she misses Harry.

Tonya
12-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
heat: yes, not impossible. Tigris's mom was hardly 6 months when she started to date that guy who was to become Tigris' dad. We are glad she did but her owners weren't ;)

Missing Harry: yes, for sure. Cats react sensitive to anything that's different- and no Harry IS different:)

LOL, you put it so well. Dating! Shouldn't they have married before they had children together?!

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 02:47 PM
She obviously want something and wants it now and is real insistant about it... Don't let her escape when the door is open!

QueenScoopalot
12-17-2004, 03:58 PM
One quick way to find out if she's in heat is to pat her rump just above her tail. If she starts acting all cutsy, and starts putting that fanny in the air, chances are she's in heat. :rolleyes: Cats can, and do get pregnant at five months old, so good thing there's no intact boy cats around. :rolleyes: :eek: ;) Hope she's scheduled for a spay soon. ;)

DogLover9501
12-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I know how you feel, Kim!

I'm going through the same thing with Emma, the 3AM-8AM howling is the worst!

NoahsMommy
12-17-2004, 05:08 PM
It sounds like she misses Harry. When we had fewer cats, the others would look for their missing sibling.

Cats can go into heat between 4 and 6 months. I hope its just that she missed Harry or is being a crazy little girl...totally cute picture btw!!

:D

rg_girlca
12-17-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm sure it's because she misses her cuddly brother.

Poor Abby. Don't worry sweetie, your brother isn't gone forever.

catnapper
12-18-2004, 06:53 AM
She has stopped the constant meowing. So perhaps it was just a middle of the afternoon-missing-my-brother dance. Though when I touched her just above the base of the tail she did get all squishy and scrunched upp looking (can't quite describe how she reacted)

I heard news from Jen that Harry is doing just fine, but misses his mommy! Awww.... I want my boy back so badly! Hopefully we can pick him up tonight on my way home from a party - it'll be going at least an hour out of our way to get him, but he's worth it :D

CalliesMom
12-18-2004, 07:52 AM
That is so sweet that lil' Abby misses her brofur! That's true love, for ya!

catmandu
12-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Sasadly it sounds as if she,is going,into early heat,whick may be triggered,by your cats,or intact strays.I think,that a trip,to the White Coats,is in order.