PDA

View Full Version : Tadpoles and Kindergarten

Ben E Gas
04-30-2001, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know any good sites on how to identify and care for Tadpoles?

We bought a couple this weekend and we are not sure what type they are. My girlfriend bought them for her kidergarten class.

Also, what types of kindergarten pets have you heard of, or had in your class?

------------------
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/x0/4j/M3/DW30033.jpg
Igor Inc. (c)2001

Logan
04-30-2001, 10:08 AM
Sorry, Ben. No idea about the tadpoles. Did the people you got them from have any information? Our local feed and seed sells frogs, and I assume if they had tadpoles they might have some information on what to do with them!! All the tadpoles I ever had were scooped up in the local pond. I don't remember if any of them ever became frogs though!

As for kindergarten pets, my sister has taught kindergarten and first grade for years. She has had one pair of turtles (who also were caught in that same pond by my younger brother), plus a gerbil named Zippity, and a rabbit. Right now, the rage at my daughter's school seems to be guinea pigs. I always worry about these classroom pets though when they are left over the weekend in extreme cold or heat. Most of the furry types have to go home with students over the weekend, and we have babysat for a guinea pig, Bob, who lives in a first grade class at my daughter's school. And she's in the 4th grade!!! The teacher knows my love for all animals and doesn't hesitate to "tell" Helen when Bob is going to have to stay at the school all weekend. She knows we'll take him every time!!

Ben E Gas
04-30-2001, 12:39 PM
The Kid who was working there at the time had no clue what type of tadpoles or how long they took to shapeshift. I haven't been back yet to ask someone else.