PDA

View Full Version : Our latest project

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 12:53 AM
This is our latest project that my neighbor Mike and I been working on. Someone wanted one as a superise for Christmas for someone and this is what we came up with. It is already kitty approved and I am having a hard time keeping mine off of it as you can see. Chester is sleeping on the top perch right now. We both like to way this one looks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1077.jpg

Chester was the first to check it out....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1080.jpg

Amy stayed on it the longest, on the second level of coarse.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1087.jpg

kimlovescats
12-17-2004, 12:57 AM
WOW! That is very cool! How much are you guys charging for these?:eek:

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Depends on what materials we can get for free! I had to email pictures to someone else who might want one tonight. This one should be fairly cheap since most materials were free.

By the way, there is a hole cut in the second level for them to crawl through from the floor level...

catnapper
12-17-2004, 06:00 AM
I thought I spied a hole in the top to crawl through! That is a SUPER design! WOW! I think you can quit your day job now, and go into cat scratching posts full time!

catmandu
12-17-2004, 08:34 AM
And atht is a gift,of love,that The Cats,will love,as the years go by,I wish,taht I was that gifted.

Jods
12-17-2004, 09:19 AM
OH Laura it looks great !!! You guys do amazing jobs!!! and those cat trees are so expensive. I can only afford a little tiny one LOL...

jazzcat
12-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Laura, that is awesome!

I want something else for my guys and my dad and husband are willing to build it (it would be good for my dad to have something to do) but I can't come up with a design. I want something that is large enough for 18 pound Ripley to be able to be on each level and I only want it to be 4 foot or under in height and at least 2 levels plus the base. Do you and Mike have any designs like that you would care to share?

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 11:12 AM
The botton was a spool that Mike got off the Job... 2 ft. wide... The post is 2- 2X4's glued and screwed together and the top perch is one circle off of another spool, 16 inches wide. The whole thing is only 31 inches high and the cat we made it for is a big one. Chester weighs 15 pounds and the top perch holds him with no problem. MIke always puts enough screws in it so it won't come apart or tilt over. Once you figure out what demintions you want it and how many perches, the rest is easy... We try to get the materials free and work with what we have...scraps of carpet, scraps of lumber, the spools.. We do have to buy sisal rope if we want to use any on them but we found a source that is cheap for that and the spray on glue, screws, nails and stapels. Feel free to save the pic of this one... but we always start with one plan and end up with another..... Once started, the ideas just FLOW!

QueenScoopalot
12-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Great job!!! It came out wonderful. Geesh, if I had the time and could learn how to stay away from here for a while I could whip some up myself. I've made a few, and the worst of it is the sisal rope wrapping! I can't get the stuff applied without all the cats hovering around and scratching before I'm anywhere near done! :rolleyes: I love stuffing fresh catnip sprigs into the ones I've made. :D