PDA

View Full Version : I Lost My Best Friend :(

Desert Arabian
12-16-2004, 10:25 PM
I came home from work tonight (about 45 minutes ago to be exact), to find my best friend Phoebe had passed the bridge. Recently she had fallen really ill, and I had been meaning to make a vet appointment for her to get checked out. Well, I never had a chance to take her to the vet, instead she just decided that she did not want to fight this battle and rather leave and be in a better place. I understand, I told her not to stick around and suffer until I was able to have her put to sleep- and she listened to me and she stopped her suffering.

It was just too quick, done day she was ok, the next day she looked like she was dying and could barely breathe, the day after that she's gone. How could this have happened so swift!? Thank God she's not suffering anymore- I could not bare to see her in the condition she was in before she went, I feel so horrible that she was in that condition.

I've known Phoebe since she was minutes old. When she just started to get her fur and her eyes and ears just started to open- and her personaliy began to glow- I knew she was the keeper of the litter. She sure was the most hyper, silly, overactive rat I've ever raised.

Sammy and Phoebe were the best of friends too, I would take Phoebe out of the cage to play with Sammy. Many of times, Phoebe would groom Sammy and they'd lay and sleep together on the couch.

She left behind her mom, Violette, who is now daughterless and friendless. What is Violette to do without a snuggle buddy and groom buddy?!

One of my fondest memories I have with Phoebe took place this past summer (in July). My mom, my dad, Phoebe, Violette, Suzie, Chloe, and I went up to the cottage for a local fishing contest. The day was so warm and sunny- the rats came with us on the boat for the day. I let them out to explore the boat and we went swimming when we were on the beach. I will NEVER forget that day, it was by far the most enjoyable experience with my beloved rats.

I went from 10 rats to 1- I just can't believe it. They've left me all too soon and all too fast- one right after another. I wish I could have them all back again.

Phoebe will be burried up north at our cottage along side Fred (her boyfriend), Oscar, Chloe, Suzie, and Peanut. I burried them at my cottage because it's my favorite place in the world, it was the rats vacation palace, and it will be in my family forever- so I can always have them near me.

Rest in peace my sweet, sweet, sweet princess Phoebe. I am so sorry for all the pain you endured in your short little battle- you put up the best fight you could honey, too bad we couldn't win the battle though. I'll see you again soon baby, have fun and romp freely until I see you again. I'll still put up your Christmas stocking this year- I just can't put anything in it like I wanted too. Bye honey.

Phoebe Lee
June 21, 2003- December 16, 2004

(I'm going to post pictures at a later time- I can't do it right now- It's too sad to look back at the pictures right now).

Kater
12-16-2004, 10:34 PM
:( :( :(
Oh, Laura. I am so sorry to hear this. :( :( :(
I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
RIP in always, sweet Phoebe.

Desert Arabian
12-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Kater, I have the pictures of Fred and Phoebe in your sweatshirt pocket when you came to visit. She loved you so much- I could tell- the way she interacted with you and all. I'm glad you got to meet her :) She sure was special wasn't she!?

*sigh* I miss her. Thanks for the hugs.

Cinder & Smoke
12-16-2004, 10:38 PM
:(

Rest In Peace, Phoebe.

{{{HUGS}}} Laura!

/s/ :( Phred

Kater
12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Phoebe was very special, indeed! I'm so glad I got to meet all your ratties!!! :D
She's not totally gone, she's still with you in a lot of ways. She had a most wonderful life with you! :) Soooo spoiled! ;)
more {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Karen
12-16-2004, 11:27 PM
She's not really gone, Phoebe will forever be in your heart. When you most need her, just look inside your heart, and there she will be, wiggling whiskers and sweet face, just waiting to give you rattie kisses. Phoebe will always be with you.

Rest in peace, Phoebe dear. Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge!

shais_mom
12-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I am so sorry Laura.

Cookiebaker
12-17-2004, 06:56 AM
{{Hugs}} I am so sorry, YLL. Rest in peace little Phoebe! You will be MISSED!! :(

ramanth
12-17-2004, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry Laura. :( *hugs*

RIP Phoebe. :(

slick
12-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Laura, I'm so sorry for the loss of Phoebe. It doesn't matter what kind of pet we have, it still hurts to see them pass on. RIP sweet Phoebe and I know that you will make lots of friends at the RB.

{{{HUGS}}}

EssTer
12-17-2004, 10:38 AM
OOH NOOO....
I´m so sorry to hear this :( :( :(
That´s just too sad :(
RIP Phoebe baby :(

tatsxxx11
12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh Laura, I'm so sorry:(:(:( All our "Kids" are precious to us, no matter their size or species. My heart goes out to you during this very sad time:( But do remember that Phoebe was loved and cherished every day of her life, and she knew that. Thank you for sharing your cherished memories of your Phoebe girl with us. What a much loved little one she was. Scamper happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge dear Phoebe and wait there patiently for your Mom until that happy day when you're all together once more. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

lovemyshiba
12-17-2004, 01:16 PM
I am so very sorry Laura.

May Phoebe Rest In Peace, with the knowledge that she lived the most wonderful life she could, with a wonderful caring skin mommy.

NoahsMommy
12-17-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm so sorry, Laura. :(

*HUGS*

My Peanuts
12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm so sorry. How terrible for this to happen so close to Christmas. It sounds like you have some really great memorys with Pheobe.

RIP Pheobe

primabella
12-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm so very sorry. :(

RIP Phoebe.

KYS
12-17-2004, 05:05 PM
RIP Dear Phoebe.

(((HUGS)))

Jods
12-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.