PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Gosh! My Luck Has Changed!

Tonya
12-16-2004, 06:27 PM
I feel like I won the lotto! I'm crying right now, I am so happy. As some of you know, I really needed my timeshare to sell in order to afford taking a leave of absence for the baby and to afford my surgury next year.

I've been praying like crazy about it and I made a deal with God that if he'd let it sell, I'd tithe 10% of it. (I'm kind of stingy when it comes to tithing. :o) Well, He responded by saying "Well that isn't any faith. If you have faith in me, you'll tithe now." Well, that freaked me out because I never hear God talk to me. I always wonder what people are talking about when they say that God told them something. But it was loud and clear. So, I argued with him a bit, saying "Yeah, but that's our bill money! I don't know where I want to give it..." Finally, I said "Ok, I'll tithe that. Please tell me where it needs to go." Well, a couple of days later, he told me to donate it to the teen pregnancy center. It is an organization that helped me when I was pregnant with Jaden. He also told me that I should send my testimony to them too.

So, I bought a thank you card to give them (for what they'd done for me.) I sat down this morning and started writing my letter to them. I started getting all the maternity clothes that I was going to donate to them ready. And I had kissed my money goodbye in the bank, prepared to give it to them.

Well, I just got home...and get this!!!! Here all I was asking is $8,000 for the timeshare. I was having a heck of a time selling it, so I was going to lower the price to $6,000. I had written a letter to the timeshare company telling them about how disgruntled that I was. AND they're buying it back from me. I'm to excited to calculate how much money it is, but it was almost $15,000 for the time share, another $1,500 in maintenance fees, plus 12% interest that I paid. So, I'm guessing around $20,000!!!!!! I can't believe it! So over three times the amount that I was expecting.

Here is the letter if anyone is interested in reading it. We're going out to dinner to celebrate!

Dear Tonya,
I am very sorry to her about your grievances with your purchase with the
Shell Vacations Club. I appreciate the opportunity to respond on behalf of
the company.

Although you are able to request a reservation with short term notice, space
is always based upon availability. As you already know, high demand areas
during peak seasons do require more advanced planning as space fills up
quickly.

I am very disappointed to know that our reservation staff failed to inform
you properly when inquiring about hotel space. At any time, you can convert
your points to a SVC Rewards Card. This is a pre-loaded MasterCard that is
accepted at any hotel worldwide that accepts MasterCard. You can convert
your points to whatever dollar amount is needed, order the MasterCard, and
stay at any hotel you wish. Upon check-out, you simply present the
MasterCard for payment of your room charges. This option provides you with
being able to go whenever you want. The MasterCard is activated for a
period of 90 days before it expires. You can travel as much as you want
within that time period until the dollar amount loaded on the card is used
up. You can order as many of these throughout the year as you wish until
your points run out. Proper disclosure of this simple option would have
prevented much of your frustration.

Regardless, I am going to agree to cancel your membership and refund all
your monies that have been paid into Shell. I will notify the corporate
office and have them send you the required paperwork. Once they receive the
signed, notarized paperwork back, they will submit a refund request. This
usually takes approximately 6 weeks to complete.
I would also like to thank you for the heads up for the "Shell employee"
that responded to your Ebay ad.......we will certainly look into that matter
immediately.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Sheila A. Skuda
Regional Verfication and Compliance Director

Toby's my baby
12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Wow, thats great!!!

Amber
12-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Amazing! :D Congratulations!

God has powers we will never know of.

GraciesMommy
12-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Faith of a mustard seed................

catnapper
12-16-2004, 08:25 PM
What a great story! I am so pleased for you! You not only got a great response from your letter, but you also did something great for pregnant teens. Merry Christmas!

christa
12-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Awesome testimony, Tonya! I wish everyone knew how important tithing is! I couldn't make it if I didn't tithe. Seems like the more we give, the easier it is on us financially.

chrangharris
12-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Wow! Thank you for that awesome story! We tithe and sometimes I get a bit disgruntled thinking of all the nice things that money can buy us! Thanks for the reminder!

Christa- you are right. Financially we are doing fine- we have a roof over our head, clothes on our back, food in our tummies and then some! God truly does bless us!

mina'smomma
12-17-2004, 08:12 AM
That is awesome Tonya. You deserve the break.

Lillycat
12-17-2004, 09:05 AM
"amen" to gracies mommy's post!