PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU think I should do?

Toby's my baby
12-16-2004, 06:20 PM
I am having second thoughts about having a horse at the moment. I have been around horses since I was 4 years old and I have owned my own horse since about 2nd grade. As I am getting older and becoming busier I am having trouble finding time to spend with my horse. I love my horse SO much, and if I sell him it only shows how much I really do love him. I havent gotten to ride him in ove 6 months, first he got injured, then I broke my arm, then school started again, and basketball, so I haven't had time to work with him.

I used to ride him ALL the time because I show horses. He is an excellent horse, and I hate to watch him stand out in the pasture with his buddy and not beable to go run in the fields, because of my time schedule. I love him to death and I hate to see him go, that's why I am asking your opinon. I have owned Austin for about 2 years now, and he got Grand Champion in his first show, he would be an excellent horse for someone if they want to show for 4-H or something.

Please help he make the decision on keeping him here with me, or to sell him to someone who can give him a good home and can ride him, and give him the attention he really deserves.

countrycowgirl
12-16-2004, 07:13 PM
that is a REALLY tuff decision! I have to tell you the only one that can truely make it is you... we can tell you what we think and everything but in the end it is your decision...and I really don't know what to tell you...... I just started basket ball too but have been waking up at 5 every morning to ride so that I can fit it in. I told myself I HAD TO MAKE TIME. THAT THERE IS ALWAYS TIME YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND IT my ag teacher told us that one time and it always stuck with me.....I understand that you got hurt and couldn't ride .....but is your arm better? will you be able to ride? I know that you love your horse and I prob. have not helped you but I hope that I have let us know what you decide to do {{{{{{{{{{{{{{lots of hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Toby's my baby
12-16-2004, 07:21 PM
I wish I could get up early in the mornin to go riding, but I leave for school at 7:45, and I already wake up at 6:00 to get ready, in the summer it wouldnt hurt to go riding at 5 am here, but it is really icey out and it is still pitch black at 5 am and it is very dangerous to ride here because mountain lions have been spotted in our yard :o

Went back to the doctor for my arm and I now have to drive 150 miles to a bigger hospital becasue I have no felling in my hand and they dont know what to do. I also had them take a x-ray of my ankle and they found a piece of bone missing, I have to ware this brace type thing now :o