PDA

View Full Version : Disney had an accident - heading to the vet

jazzcat
12-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I was just bringing Disney home from being groomed and when I tried to get her out of the Jeep she jumped and landed on the side of her face and head on the concrete floor in the garage. I heard a horrible bone cracking sound. I feel so bad. She's gotten where she doesn't like to be picked up and I should have known she would try to jump on her own. She's acting okay right now but won't really let me look at her face. All I can tell is that her big canine tooth on her left side looks cracked and who knows what else. I bet she has a concussion.:(

I should have put her in a pet taxi to transport her.:(

I've called the vet and they said to bring her about 4:15 and they would fit her in so we will be leaving in about 5 minutes. Please wish her well.

On top of all that the groomer told me she has become difficult to groom. I told her about the Cognative Dysfunction and she said that would explain it. Poor Disney.:(

jenluckenbach
12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Poor Disney :(:(

Corinna
12-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Sending good vibes for Disney

PayItForward
12-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Thinking of Disney. Hope she gets better very quickly.

GraciesMommy
12-16-2004, 03:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/pray4u.gif

I sure hope she is ok..let us know!

ramanth
12-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Good vibes sent for Disney!

Jadapit
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
My thoughts are with you and Disney.

DogLover9501
12-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Oh no :( Thinking of Disney!!

Don't blame yourself, Lori!!

Please keep us posted!!

tatsxxx11
12-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Oh, poor Disney:(:(:( I hope and pray the little sweeheart is ok!!! You must have been so upset, but please don't blame yourself. Lots of prayers coming your way, precious Disney! You're one of my all time favorite Pet Talk pups:) Please check in when you get home! {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

jazzcat
12-16-2004, 04:15 PM
UPDATE:

We just got back and she is okay. Her top canine tooth on the left side is broken at the tip but as far as they could see there wasn't anything else. She was due to have a dental cleaning in Feb. but the vet wants to do it Monday so they can really get in there and inspect her teeth and see if any pulp is exposed on her broken tooth. It's just the tip so they are not sure. She's on antibiotics just in case and is suppose to eat only soft food until Monday. She's a little dazed and confused but otherwise fine, thank goodness.

Here are a few pictures of her. She was getting a new bed for Christmas but guess who got a present early today (Santa is feeling guilty). Here she is in her new bed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/bb20.jpg

This is the best I could get of her new haircut and Christmas Holly bandana.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/bb21.jpg

Thanks for all your support.

chocolatepuppy
12-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Ah, poor Disney. Don't feel guilty, accidents happen and then we say we 'shoulda'. Hope she feeling a little better now and mom too!

dappledoxie
12-16-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm glad to hear she seems well, I hope her tooth is ok. :) Sending good vibes Disney's way!

tatsxxx11
12-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Whew! Still, that must have been quite a scare! Glad to hear she's doing ok! Please check back after her vet vist next week. How nice of Santa to make an early appearance:) How precious you look Disney, snuggled in your new bed:) And what a spiffy Christmas doo! You look so pretty in your festive holly bandana!:) Feel better soon, sweetheart!:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

DogLover9501
12-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Whew!! I'm glad Disney is okay :)

:eek: I can't imagine the fright you got!

I love her haircut & bandana, and she looks like she's loving her new bed from guilty Santa Paws ;) :D

My Peanuts
12-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Poor little Disney! She looks pretty good in the pictures considering her traumatic day. I have seen Sylvia and Harley land on their heads when they jump, but not for the height that Disney did. I'm sure she will be ok. She looks very festive and ready for Christmas. :)

petslover
12-16-2004, 04:36 PM
I am glad to hear that Disney is better. It looks like she loves her new bed!

aly
12-16-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm very glad Disney girl is okay. Poor little girl! At least she got her new bed early.. if your house is anything like mine though, those pesky felines will soon take over!

Have you tried grooming Disney at home? Maybe that would be easier on her? Or harder on you! Hehe. I feel your pain though. My last elderly foster Poodle was really sick with heart problems and so I couldn't take her to the groomer. She was also sensitive in a lot of places and it was REALLY hard for me to groom her :(

QueenScoopalot
12-16-2004, 05:33 PM
I just saw this thread, and am glad Disney is OK. She does look so happy in her snuggly new bed. :) Hope she feels 100% better in a day or so poor girl. ;)

sabies
12-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Good thoughts heading your way Disney. Hope you feel as good as your haircut looks real soon!

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Poor Disney!! I'm glad she is doing okay, and loving her new bed!

GraciesMommy
12-16-2004, 07:50 PM
So happy to hear she is ok! Way to go on early Cmas pressie, Disney! You deserve it...after having to endure the whitecoats today!

shais_mom
12-16-2004, 11:47 PM
poor sweet Disney
I hope she feels better asap!

Tonya
12-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Aww, poor sweet Disney! I am glad that nothing serious happened.

LorraineO
12-17-2004, 05:40 AM
i was sorry to see this post,, I havent been on much,,,, I am thrilled disney is ok,,, relatively speaking!!!! Get better soon!!!

pitc9
12-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Oh Poor little baby!!! Glad to hear it was nothing to serious!
I'm sure the early visit from "Guilty Paws" will help her feel better in no time! ;) :D

Fell Better Soon Disney!!:D

anna_66
12-17-2004, 07:50 AM
I'm glad to hear that Disney is alright:)

She look very cute in her new bed..nice early christmas present:D

ramanth
12-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Phew!! Glad Disney is okay. :D

Jods
12-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Oh no poor Disney... Don't blame yourself, you didn't know.... I'm glad she's doing a bit better and it looks like she loves her new bed!! Keep us posted on how her teeth cleaning goes.

jazzcat
12-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Thank you all so very much. It makes me so happy to know so many care about my little Dizzo.

She was pretty pitiful last night, I'm sure it was very painful but she is acting very energetic and much better today. She really loves her new bed, especially with her favorite old blanket in it.

Thanks again everyone.:)

Logan
12-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Jazzcat, I'm so glad she's ok. I know exactly how you felt when it happened because poor Murphy fell into a deep hole in our yard the other night and we didn't know it until she didn't come back inside with the others and I went looking for her. :( Those old ladies keep us hopping, don't they?

Gentle hugs to Disney, please.

Logan

kimlovescats
12-17-2004, 03:19 PM
LORI... I just saw this thread ... thank God she is alright!!! Oh my heart skipped a beat at first! Oh, I know you feel bad, but it wasn't your fault, honey!!! I'm glad she has a nice new comfy bed to soak up some sympathy in though!!!

*kissies* to Dis!;)

Kfamr
12-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I too just saw this. I'm glad she's doing alright. Please keep us updated.

KYS
12-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Thankgoodness she is ok.
Sending many hugs to Disney.

(((HUGS)))

ChrisH
12-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Poor little Disney. Lori, I am so glad to read she was ok ... how is she now?

Chris