PDA

View Full Version : The Road To The Rainbow Bridge.

RICHARD
12-16-2004, 01:25 PM
The Road to the Rainbow Bridge.

It's time for me to go.

I want to thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking care of me. I know our time was short, but what a time it was.

From the first day we made eye contact and you decided to bring me to your house, I was extremely blessed.

There were the little accidents around the house. Like the messes that you stepped in, the carpets that I stained
the plants that I knocked over and the papers I shredded..

There was the time I got into the jar of vaseline and pooped the 'oil slicks' all over the rugs. The Exxon Valdez was nothing compared to my rear end for that week...

Or the time you opened the the door and almost fainted at the blood on the entranceway floor. The nick in my tongue always reminded you to put the trash out so I wouldn't get into those food cans.

The first bath you gave me. Talk about tangled hair....I forgive you though....the combing you gave me made everything better.

The rides on the motorcycle.....I remember that family in the station wagon that went wild when they saw me in your lap.
The smiles on their faces!!!

I'll remember those times forever. I remember your kisses, your hugs and the times when you weren't pleased with me.
But we did work through those times, didn't we?

I do remember your face as we said goodbye...And I'll remember you when we meet again.

I know the pet that you bring in to take my place, can never take my place. But the love you have left for me
will be well suited for them.

You will say it's too soon to replace me, by your side, but I can never be replaced in your heart..

So take a chance and give a chance, to one of my brothers or sisters.

It won't change the way things came to pass, But it will change the way things might be.

Thanks Again!
-Your loving pet.

---------------------------------------------

I wrote this for a pet of mine.....A Lhasa that was the the first and not the last pet I will ever own.....

luckies4me
12-16-2004, 01:27 PM
That is so touching. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Thank you, Richard. I'm having a hard time dealing with getting another kitty to "replace" Tubby, and your last 4 lines might help me deal with it a little better. :)

pitc9
12-16-2004, 01:40 PM
That was very touching! Thanks!

robinh
12-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Not fair! You can't write something that beautiful and touching during the day when I can't cry!

T&P - Tubby would want you to share all that love and you'll know when it's right.

slick
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Very nice Richard.

Be careful...you're showing your sensitive side again....;)

RICHARD
12-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by slick
Very nice Richard.

Be careful...you're showing your sensitive side again....;)

Wha........wh......uhhhh.....whew......

Where am I??

Whoa.....Did I have another episode???

Sorry,

It's that "multiple" personality thing again...;)

dukedogsmom
12-16-2004, 05:08 PM
That was so sweet.

joycenalex
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
thank you richard, that was beautiful.

QueenScoopalot
12-16-2004, 05:39 PM
:( :( :( Wonderfully written RICHARD! Love the part about the Vaseline! :rolleyes: :D It's true we can never replace those we've lost, but we can open our hearts (and homes) to new adventures right? ;) And with soooo many animals in need of loving homes...well I figured for Christmas I'll give everyone on Pettalk a new kitty or two. Geesh, I've got enough to go around I'm sure! And that way I can get back onto the streets and trap more. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
12-16-2004, 11:55 PM
W:)W, Richard!!

WELL Done, Rich; Well Done!!

Since a lot of us, in addition to Deb & Terry,
are having a difficult time with Tubby's Call to The Bridge :( ~

I posted a *link* to this thread on the Tubby Memorial Thread ~
"Goodby My Friend..." (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66016)

Dunno if Mr. Tubby ever had a *Ride* on Mom's Bike;
but I know he spent a lotta time in the Garage with the Family Wheels...

I think Tubby would be *proud* to Sign his Paw
to your "Road To The Rainbow Bridge" letter, Richard.

Again ~ WELL Done, Sir!!

/s/ Phred

Tonya
12-16-2004, 11:56 PM
I like that, that is nice Richard.

gini
12-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Richard, that is just beautiful. I was deeply touched by it and we all thank you.

I know that this has meant a lot to all of the people who have lost a pet this year, but especially right now, to Debbie.

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Richard.........Richard........Richard.......

Only YOU could write something that would make us cry and laugh at the same time. LUV YA RICHARD!

Barbara
12-17-2004, 03:14 AM
:)

You've always been a poet;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Thanks, Richard, that 's a really touching !!

mina'smomma
12-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Very sensitive Richard.

I printed it out and gave it to my mom and dad who put it next to our dog Rocky. We had to put him down last year after we had him for 17 years. I also have a copy next to my picture of RB Rocky who was my buddy for most of my life. Now I look at it and it just makes my feel alot better.

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2004, 11:10 AM
This is so touching. Thanks Richard.:)

Vio&Juni
12-17-2004, 11:17 AM
I shed some tears.

I've always thought of what would I do if my pets will leave (I hope this will not happen before 15 or 20 years), but the thought is so scary, that I had to stop thinking about you. And in the summer, when I couldn't find Juni, I was devastated, but not without hope. Luckily, I found her.

An acquaintance lost her 9 years old cat and she and her daughters swore they would never take another cat, it was so hard. I like to believe that I will be able to open my heart to another pet and share many years with a rotten spoiled pet :)

Cataholic
12-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Just when I think I have you all figured out.....thanks, Richard. That was a beautiful post.

lynnestankard
12-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Aw geez Richard - that was so beautiful and all the time I was reading it I could only think of Tubby.

Thanks Big Man - xx
RIP Big Furboy - xxx

Lynne

ramanth
12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
*sniffles* :( :)

cookieluver7
12-17-2004, 03:05 PM
That is very touching.;)

RICHARD
12-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Just when I think I have you all figured out.....

Would you let me know when you find out???? :eek:

-------------------------------------

People have said that you cannot 'live in the past'-

But the past does have a way to make the future not seem so scary.

-----------------------------------

I know that there are times where laughter or a joke may seem inappropriate.

On the day we went to make the arrangements for my dad's Rainbow Crossing, my brothers and I were sitting with the director of the funeral home....

She took out a book of the prayer cards.

As I looked thru the pages, I picked out the prayer for the back and the design for the front-which was a set of six different pictures...I could feel myself getting all choked up, but a real strange thought crept into my mind the following moment.

My dad was a huge baseball fan and as I looked at the six different designs the only thing I could think of was BASEBALL CARDS..

I looked up at everyone and said, "It looks like I'll have to collect ALL SIX CARDS to get a set........."

We all looked at each other, started to laugh and then the tears started to flow.

Probably not one of my finest moments, but I am sure my dad would have loved it.....
------------------------------------------

We all will survive the goodbyes to everything we love in this life.

It's the way we say hello to the next day that give us a chance to heal.

Thanks everyone, You all rock!
:)

Jods
12-17-2004, 06:47 PM
thanks for that its beautiful

LoudLou
12-17-2004, 07:12 PM
I finally mustered enough courage to read Richard's, The Road To The Rainbow Bridge.

Well, done! ... I have to go now... my eyes are leaking again....

DJFyrewolf36
12-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Richard, that is beautiful!!!

flamepony12
12-17-2004, 08:19 PM
That is soo nice! I cant believe you wrote that! :)

RICHARD
12-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
That is soo nice! I cant believe you wrote that! :)

You caught me....I didn't write it....

I felt it....

;) :)

---------------------------------------

Loud Lou,

Courage????

Am I that scary?????:confused: :D

The Exxon Valdez story is posted in the Dog House!:eek:

slick
12-17-2004, 09:39 PM
I felt it....
You can't fool me Richard. I just knew you had the warm fuzzies on the inside.

There's medication for it, you know....:D :D ;)

rg_girlca
12-17-2004, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]You caught me....I didn't write it....

I felt it...

Well this really did it for me. (Sniff, sniff)

RICHARD this was truly touching. Thanks for sharing it with us.

shais_mom
12-18-2004, 12:34 AM
good job Richard! :)

iloverat
01-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Richard,

Finally read your Road to the Rainbow Bridge. That was so very nice and certainly comforting for all of us.

I was surprised to know that someone else had experienced the Vaseline incident with a D-O-G. My beloved Rat, a poodle-terrier mix, RB 1995, taught me so much. Like put everything you possibly can out of reach of a mischievous pup. I came home one day to discover Rat had licked a tub of Vaseline perfectly CLEAN!! I couldn't believe my eyes or my nose. ECCHHH! Who woulda thunk that petroleum products would prove so interesting to a pooch?

Bobbi

Amber
01-15-2005, 11:14 PM
"You will say it's too soon to replace me, by your side, but I can never be replaced in your heart.."

That line got me teary eyed..

good job :)