PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe this...

shutterbug0303
12-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey Everyone! I'm at work right now...and get this....

My boss keeps his boat in the back of our building inside a fenced area. Well, today, he drove back there to check on something, and you'll never guess what he found?!?! A person living in his boat!!!!!! We are waiting for the police right now (its been about 20 mins already :rolleyes: ) and I'm watching everything on our survelliance cameras!!! haha! This is definitely the most memorable day I've had here! We don't have any details yet, but I'll let you know if anything else happens! This is super strange because our building is way out in the country! Go Figure! hehe

Corinna
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Well at least you are having an intresting day. Had a neighbor have that happen to a trailer behind our houses. It was hobos from the train down the road, they always kept it clean found out it had been going on for a year . they would arrive very late at night and leave before daybreak . We decided it was time to start locking up things around never had to before(I know its a strange concept for some) but until 4 years ago houses didn't have locks on doors here.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-16-2004, 03:40 PM
thats crazy

Toby's my baby
12-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Haha! lol, thats IS crazy! I can't believe some of the things people do when they need a place to live! Keep us updated, sounds like a funny story.

Tonya
12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Crazy! I work for the phone company, and one time I was at a house repairing the lines and the woman was telling me about how that happened to her. Some homeless lady was living in her shed. She finally caught her and called the police.

Jods
12-17-2004, 05:44 PM
LOL so what happened??

shutterbug0303
12-17-2004, 07:07 PM
the outcome....

The policeman finally showed up (he came from home...just getting on duty) about an hour after the call. There were only three of us there (boss, good friend Andrew, and myself) and the guys went out to monitor the situation while I stayed in. I watched everything on the video monitor!! Anyway, when the policeman got there, we briefed him on the situation and then police and bossman got on the boat. She was hiding in the "potty"!! (and had used it many times, which subsequently made it go all over the floor because the drainage system wasn't hooked up) They had to pull her out! Talk about resisting! It was very funny! She wasn't drunk or high or anything, but very lucid and confused. She was about 50 yrs old from Colorado (what is she doing in SC?!?!?!) and said that someone had dropped her off and told her to STAY THERE! That is why she wouldn't come out! She was fairly cooperative until the policeman tried to put her in the patrol car. Then she started fighting with him and chanting some sort of spell! Needless to say, the officer was a little nervous, but regardless, he took her to jail where she will spend 30 days for breaking and entering. Now all we're left with is a dirty smelly boat with potty mess and cigarette butts everywhere :eyeroll: Go figured, huh?!?! lol

QueenScoopalot
12-17-2004, 07:39 PM
It sounds to me like the woman should be commited to an institution rather than jailed. :rolleyes: :( Your boss no doubt has insurance to deal with the mess she left behind...ughh...pun not intended. :rolleyes: