PDA

View Full Version : Just for the fun of it

jenluckenbach
12-15-2004, 06:06 AM
I know that there are many rescuers who have helped dozens more cats than me, but I just felt like listing those cats that have passed through my home and onto a forever place......

Cashew, Kiwi, Mittens, Bagle, Pouncer, Betty Boop, Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy, Sweet Polly Purebread, Snagglepuss, Timmy, Elfin, Roxie, Silver, Smokey Joe, Tuscany, Sweet Annie, Mao, Ming, Steven James, Belinda, Doris, Warren, Auggie, May Belle, June Bug, April Sue, Smiley, O'Brien, Emma Jean, Rhett, Tang, BarbaraAnn, Dawna, Squirrel, Enoch, Rocky, Ian, Rachel, Roscoe, Meesha, Pandora, Allen, DaVinci, Dixie, Tony Tiger, Tai and as of tomorrow, Starshine. Oh yes, and Bonnie and Chevy (now Mickey) whom I adopted!

That is 50 cats from May 2003 to today (er...tomorrow).

smokey the elder
12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Diamond (keeper), TicTac (keeper), Smokey the Younger (keeper), Ernie, Fluffy, Howler, Bosun (keeper), Sunny, Shadow, Thunder, Lightning, Tiffany, Mittens, Heinz, Flash, Quark and Snark, Ashes, Patches, Gumdrop, Abner, Butterscotch, Spicey, Dax, Chichi, Crooked Ear (RB), Screech, Bailey, Freckles, Blossom, Boots, Tenzing, Little Bit (RB), Bashful, CB, Shimmer, Sunshine, Majesty, Nimbus, Colette, Spliffy, Buddy, Indiana, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Topaz, Creamsicle, Zonker, Chick Pea, Bubba, Marnie and Mona. PHEW!!

catmandu
12-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Bless You both,for helping,my list,is shorter,Gary ,Franklin,and I have taken in Nugget,and Roscoe.And have sadly lost Gem,Roadblock,andJkarina,although her Kittens,now all have homes.

smokey the elder
12-15-2004, 08:44 AM
I forgot some.

Chloe, Tazz, Tom and Gerri! And they were just from this year. (The list goes back to 2001.)

Laura's Babies
12-15-2004, 08:46 AM
That is amazing, and you are only ONE person...50!! How do you get such high numbers... I would love to know how some states do so many adoptions and this state here only does a few... What is it ya'll do that we are failing to do?

Example: Checkers-This fella here has been up for adoption forever. Everytime he is at Pet Smart, people just love him but nobody takes him home. I first saw him over a year ago.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2692890&adTarget=468catgeneral&SessionID=41c04b327c5b4625-app4&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Hawkeye- He has been there awhile too. http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2725951&adTarget=468catgeneral&SessionID=41c04b327c5b4625-app4&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

I took this picture myself back in about June. This was the day Santos died. This baby has to be grown now...
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3120301&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=41c04d293ed3b297-app5&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

HOW do you do it?? I ask you....WHAT is it that we are not doing right??

Corinna
12-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Checkers looks like an E and needs to be there .

K & L
12-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh gosh, we have so many I can't even remember them all. I can give you a rough estimate on how many we've TNR'd which is around 150+. Out of that number the adoptable ones were placed in homes, and some of the unadoptable are in our home!:D The others were returned where they are getting our care by providing food and water and vet care if necessary!

jenluckenbach
12-15-2004, 01:24 PM
oops......I forgot Jorge! :o

Laura's Babies
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I am not a rescuer like the rest of you but I had a small part in Lucky and Louie and a large part in Princess! Working on MORE now!!

NoahsMommy
12-15-2004, 03:21 PM
How wonderful to see the numbers like this!! You guys are awesome!!!

Fostering through our home has only been four, but we kept two. Not counting Jonah, so I guess it would be five, but we kept three.

Through TNR, I've helped around six or seven cats get fixed, only one was able to be rehomed.

QueenScoopalot
12-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Great job Jen! I won't even get started as I'd be typing for weeks lol! :eek: :rolleyes: I used to take pictures of all the kittens etc, and name them all before they left, but that in itself could be a full time job lately. I love seeing names others pick for their kitties.;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-15-2004, 09:52 PM
I love all the unusual names you choose Jen!

You guys are all so awesome!!!! I have never counted my TNR's and rescues, but it's nothing close to your numbers!!

catmandu
12-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Fifty! And The Found Cats,and I think,that you should get The Found Cat Hero award.

catnapper
12-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Shouldn't Pouncer be listed first since he was your FAVORITE foster?

Here are mine:
Ella, Hanna, Abby (I kept), Harry (also kept) and Mia. I only kept 2 out of 5. Not TOO bad a record! :D

jenluckenbach
12-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, I only kept 2 out of 50 :p (LOL)