PDA

View Full Version : Flowers and cards

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Terry got me these flowers - I think to try and cheer me up. He said he saw them, thought of me and just had to buy them. First of all, the only time I get flowers is on Valentine's day - only! Second of all, they were from one of the leading florists around here, not just the ones you get in the grocery store, so how did he "just happen" to see them. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that I think he had alterior (sp?) motives that are hard for him to talk about. We're going to take them along on the trip and I've been thinking about lighting the candle on Christmas eve in honor of Tubby. I just thought it was such a sweet, thoughtful gesture on his part - which is so unlike him. ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/pbbe5f0ca02b015620dd539aa619dd01f/f5e77ab1.jpg

And look at the cute card the Vet's office sent. It had two wonderful poems in it by John Quealy, but I'll post those later. They wrote a little nice thing about how I showed my love for Tubby by letting him go, so I thought it was really nice of them and thought the card was cute.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/pf698dc152426aadce5d31d400ca64118/f5e77aaf.jpg

Tonight is a bit easier than last night, and I'm sure tomorrow night will be better than tonight. One day at a time.

NKBurlington
12-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Very touching.

RIP Tubby. . .

kimlovescats
12-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Oh Debbie, what Terry is saying is that he LOVES you dearly, and he loves your precious Tubby as well!!! What a precious and loving gesture! I think lighting the candle for Tubby on Christmas Eve is an EXCELLENT idea!

Sweet card from your vet as well. Mine sent me a card with the rainbow bridge poem in it, when Tucker Man passed.

One day at a time, is right!

((((HUGS))))
Kim;)

sirrahbed
12-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Very sweet gestures, Debbie. I hope each night is a tinier bit better. I took my RB Bert in the last time - I think it was 8 years ago now - and I still cry for him sometimes. There is a hole in my heart about the size of a ten pound orange and white fella. If I go several weeks without thinking about him - that is very unusual. It made me cry just to write this. Our kitties are just part of our life and it is such a painful thing to lose them.
HUGS

GraciesMommy
12-14-2004, 09:40 PM
How sweet of him to do this for you..and they are beautiful!
I love the vet's card too..aren't they wonderful. When Mercedes was PTS my vet also sent a card and they called the next day. I thought that was nice of them. They are good people and obviously the same gracie uses now.

slick
12-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Debbie, consider yourself lucky to have someone who loves you so much. Some of us are still waiting.......

As we all know, men sometimes find it "challenging" when it comes to expressing emotions; I guess this is his way. Accept it and love him back twice as much.

When do you leave and how long will you be gone? You must keep us informed of these little details so we don't go looking for you.;) ;)

Laura's Babies
12-14-2004, 10:08 PM
When I lost my most prescious baby Sambo, I couldn't eat for days, couldn't sleep either. My hubby (then) would stop on his way home and pick me up my favorite take out, trying to get me to eat.. I didn't perk up until he came home one day with a KITTEN for me.. My (then) hubby was not fond of cats at all so for him to do THAT and with that fuzzy little bundle.. How could I stay so sad?

I think you hubby is expressing his sympathy to you and to let you know he understands your pain.. Bet he is hurting too.

Heck, that was back in about the 70's and I still miss my Sambo.. I think Sambo sent me Samantha (both are blackies).

rg_girlca
12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
That was so sweet of your hubby to bring you flowers, just because.
It brought tears to my eyes when you said that you will light the candle Christmas eve in honor of Tubby.
I will also light a candle with you.

The was so nice of your vet to send such a wonderful card.

Take care and (((((HUGS))))) to you, hubby and Peanut.

jazzcat
12-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Debbie the flowers are beautiful and I know how something thoughtful like that makes you feel. When I had to put my poodle Pepper down in 1992 Richard sent me flowers from a florist. It was a mug with a rainbow on it filled with beautfiul bright flowers. We were moving into a new house that day and it was a wonderful bright spot in the midst of so much sadness and stress. I still have the mug and cherish it very much. I know how wonderful my husband is and it sounds like Terry is very much the same.

Hugs to you both.

catcrazylady
12-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Debbie the flowers are not only beautiful but so precious because of the love and caring that came with them. I think lighting the candle on Christmas eve for Tubby is a very sweet and wonderful idea. My heart still aches when I think about him being gone and I know that I feel nothing in comparison to his meowmie.
Give that wonderful hubby a big hug from us!:)

catlady1945
12-15-2004, 06:43 AM
What nice gestures. Our vet sent us a card when our Patty passed on - the cat on the card looked just like her. We think of her fondly and it gets a bit easier, but I still tear up sometimes when I think of my brave, sweet girl.

catlover4ever
12-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Debbie the flowers are beautiful. What a wonderful and beautiful gesture from Terry.

I still cry some nights for Tony, even though it has been 5 years. Tigger is his sister and every so often I kiss her head and tell her to send it to Tony. I know she still misses Tony as well. She has never been the same since he died.

One day at a time and one foot in front of the other is the only way to do it.

ramanth
12-15-2004, 08:42 AM
The flowers and card are lovely Debbie. :) Terry is such a sweetie.

When we had Sable put to sleep (he had cancer), our vets office sent us a little card. It helps to know they care. :)

catmandu
12-15-2004, 08:49 AM
That is a wonderful card,and that,and the Flowers,are a fitting tribute,to a dear,and wonderul cat,and the love,that you shared.Tubby,is in with my Cat angel Pictures,and when people see him,and say that he is a Good Cat,he lives again,for a moment,and many People,have said such nice things about Tubby.

mina'smomma
12-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Terry just wanted to let you know that he loves you and that he knows how dear your Tubby was to you.

Cataholic
12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Debbie,
{{{{{hugs}}}}. I know how hard these days will be.

Johanna

trayi52
12-15-2004, 09:08 AM
So very sweet, Debbie.:) They are so beautiful!!!

Willie:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks everybody. You're all so right in that Terry was just trying to let me know that he loves me and he loves and misses Tubby too. I know he does, but being the "guy" that he is, he won't talk about it, but that's ok because like Slick says, I know what he's trying to say and I accept that this is his way of saying it.

Slick, we leave this Saturday the 18th, bright and early. I have to be back to work on Monday, January 3rd, so we will be home probably Saturday or Sunday before that, probably Sunday sometime. I do have my new internet access card from Verizon that I'm going to be testing out on this trip, and most of where we're going to be shows as a "coverage" area, so I should have internet access while we're gone. However, like I say, I'll be testing it out for the first time, so if you don't hear from me you'll know it's not working - and it better work because I signed up for 2 years worth!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-15-2004, 10:46 AM
What a sweet hubby :) :)

RICHARD
12-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I know he does, but being the "guy" that he is, he won't talk about it, but that's ok because like Slick says, I know what he's trying to say and I accept that this is his way of saying it.

In men, the nerve endings that connect the heart to the brain to the mouth are not as developed as they are in women.

Except....

http://www.oldmencrying.com/

Catsnclay
12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Debbie- Quit trying to figure out Terry's reasons, and just accept the flowers! :D

Like everyone has said, and I will agree, men do not know how to show their emotions, so this is his was of telling you. This was very sweet of him.

When we PTS my Willie, our vets also sent us a card. I was so touched I cried all over again. :rolleyes:

This time of year with all the Holidays are going to be the toughest. I couldn't put Willie down until after the Holidays.
So every Christmas I still hang his stocking and cry for him. I still think Fluffy and Lucky miss him. I know I do!!

Have a good trip and hug Peanut a lot for me!! :D :D

NoahsMommy
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Debbie,

What sweet gestures by both Terry and your vet.

I hope you're feeling a tiny bit better...

Love, Kelly

P.S. I think lighting the candle in honor of Tubby would be so nice.