PDA

View Full Version : Hazel Is Back At The Vets

K & L
12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Hazel's not doing too well and had to be kept over at the vet. She's vomiting blood again and has no appetite. They said we will fight the battle, may not win the war, but won't give up! They will hydrate her and take some more blood for testing. She lost another whole pound since a week ago. I'm pretty worried for her.

On the brighter side, little Rudy was there and I got to hold him! He is one precious little guy!

Laura's Babies
12-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Prayers for Hazel, may she get well soon!

catcrazylady
12-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh Lisa not again! Poor Hazel and poor you.:( She will certainly be in our prayers.

Grace
12-14-2004, 06:52 PM
You now how I feel about Hazel. All my prayers and love headed her way.

kimlovescats
12-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Prayers coming for sweet Hazel ... hang in there girl!:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it's gotten that bad again. I sure hope they can do something for her. I know exactly what you're going through, so I know the {{{hugs}}} I'm sending are needed.

jenluckenbach
12-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Prayers for Hazel :(

QueenScoopalot
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
More purrayers coming for Hazel. :( Glad cute Rudy is doing so well. :)

AbbyMom
12-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Prayers on the way for Hazel!

rg_girlca
12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for sweet Hazel.

slick
12-14-2004, 11:49 PM
More prayers on the way for Hazel.

Uniqueviking
12-15-2004, 12:10 AM
My prayers and best wishes to Hazel!

catmandu
12-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Found Cat Prayers are coming,for Hazel,and Karina Angel,has gone,to be with her,to comfort Poor HazelA

Logan
12-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Prayers for Hazel from me, too. :( I love that little girl. I hope she will pull through this, Lisa. Thanks for taking such good care of her.

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for Hazel!!

Barbara
12-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Filou and Tigris send headbumpies and keep the paws crossed for Hazel:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2004, 10:01 AM
I know it's still early out there, but any uppydate on Hazel?

Thoughts and prayers still on their way!

GraciesMommy
12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Get well, Hazel!

Corinna
12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Prayers for Hazel.

K & L
12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I know it's still early out there, but any uppydate on Hazel?

Thoughts and prayers still on their way!

I just spoke with the vet. Hazel is doing better today. He said she was rubbing on the cage and wanting out. She did vomit this morning, but ate. They are keeping her another day to keep hydrating her. They've got her on antibiotics, vitamins, and ran some more blood work. I'm going this afternoon to visit her and get another update. Hopefully she can come home tomorrow, feeling much better!

Thanks everyone! We LOVE her too!!:)

sirrahbed
12-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Get well soon Hazel! I hope you get to come home really soon:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Glad to hear a good uppydate! Hope the good news continues and she can go home real soon.

Get better sweetie!

Cataholic
12-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Prayers for Hazel on their way.

Craftlady
12-15-2004, 04:40 PM
So glad to read that Hazel is doing much better. Keeping good thoughts for continued good reports.

catnapper
12-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Healing vibes headed towards the wonderful Hazel. Kisses and headbumpies to speed the healing!

K & L
12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I visited my Angel this afternoon. She was so happy to see me and just purred and purred. She hates her IV and kept trying to chew it off. I didn't get to speak with the vet since he was in a room with 6 puppies. I stayed for 1/2 hour and just held her. We're hoping to bring her home tomorrow. We may have to administer fluids after we bring her home. Neither one of us is too keen on this idea, but if this is what it takes to help her, we'll bite the bullet. Things like this make us both squeemish!:eek: OK, so we're wooses!:D

Laura's Babies
12-15-2004, 10:20 PM
What do you mean "adminster fluids"? Lets hope she'll be well enough to drink on her own by then. GET WELL SOON Hazel!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-16-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm glad to hear that Hazel is doing better. Hopefully she'll be able to come home soon. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Corinna
12-16-2004, 12:58 AM
If tubbys mom can do what she had to for him you can too for Hazel. I pray you won't have to but if need be I pray for your ability to do it. Glad shes doing better again.

catcrazylady
12-16-2004, 06:06 AM
I hope Hazel gets to come home today. I know she will feel much better there with you. I hope you don't have to do the fluid thing either but I have no doubt that can do it if need be.
Prayers still on the way for that sweetheart.

Killearn Kitties
12-16-2004, 06:33 AM
The girls all have their paws crossed for Hazel. I hope you get good news from her tests.

Randi
12-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Hazel, I so hope you'll be fit to go home today! A good snuggle with your mom will also do wonders. :)

Get well, girl!

K & L
12-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
What do you mean "adminster fluids"? Lets hope she'll be well enough to drink on her own by then. GET WELL SOON Hazel!!

She does drink on her own, but since she vomits daily she dehydrates easily so they want us to do subcutaneous fluids to prevent her from dehydration!

catmandu
12-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Poor Hazel,please Get Well SOON>

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Lisa, I have to agree with Corinna. If I can do it, I'm sure you can. ;) It's really a piece of cake, and as Tubby started feeling better, the only hard part about it was holding him down long enough. I don't remember if I told the story about the second last time I gave him fluids. I was doing it by myself since it was early morning and I didn't wake Terry up to help. Tubby wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but I got him on the table and got the needle in. He kept moving around and I kept trying to hold him still so the needle would stay in. Finally he twisted a certain way and stood up and the needle fell out and fluid started squirting all over. I had to let him go to "turn off" the fluids so he jumped down and that was the end of that! :rolleyes: ;) The next time I got Terry to help. Terry held him while I inserted the needle, then I held him while Terry watched the fluid level go down. Worked pretty good.

It's really not that bad because you just put the needle under a loose piece of skin, and they don't bleed at all, and where the needle goes in is hidden by their fur so it's not like you have to watch it puncture the skin or anything....ok, ok, maybe I'm getting a bit too graphic. ;)

But the biggest reason you will be able to do it is because you'll have to, and somehow we always find the strength to do what we have to do for our furbabies.

Good luck on bringing her home!

K & L
12-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Lisa, I have to agree with Corinna. If I can do it, I'm sure you can. ;) It's really a piece of cake, and as Tubby started feeling better, the only hard part about it was holding him down long enough. I don't remember if I told the story about the second last time I gave him fluids. I was doing it by myself since it was early morning and I didn't wake Terry up to help. Tubby wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but I got him on the table and got the needle in. He kept moving around and I kept trying to hold him still so the needle would stay in. Finally he twisted a certain way and stood up and the needle fell out and fluid started squirting all over. I had to let him go to "turn off" the fluids so he jumped down and that was the end of that! :rolleyes: ;) The next time I got Terry to help. Terry held him while I inserted the needle, then I held him while Terry watched the fluid level go down. Worked pretty good.

It's really not that bad because you just put the needle under a loose piece of skin, and they don't bleed at all, and where the needle goes in is hidden by their fur so it's not like you have to watch it puncture the skin or anything....ok, ok, maybe I'm getting a bit too graphic. ;)

But the biggest reason you will be able to do it is because you'll have to, and somehow we always find the strength to do what we have to do for our furbabies.

Good luck on bringing her home!

Thanks for the insight! Kevin & I both hate needles and especially when we would have to administer them to someone else! I know we can do it, but we're hoping we don't have to.:) If all else fails, we'll take her to the vet and let them do it if necessary!:D I haven't gotten an update yet today, but will let you all know as soon as I do!

kimlovescats
12-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Lisa, you CAN give Subcue fluids!!! It's not that bad, and it helps them feel so much better! I am anxious to hear how sweet Hazel is doing today, and get those test results!;)

K & L
12-16-2004, 10:17 AM
I just talked with the vet. Hazel gets to come home today!!:D Her pancreas levels were off and they will test her blood again on Monday. She didn't vomit last night or this morning, which is a good sign. They will keep her IV in until this afternoon when we pick her up. If she starts up again we will then have to administer the fluids. Whatever it takes to make her better is all that matters.

Grace
12-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Lisa, you CAN give Subcue fluids!!! It's not that bad, and it helps them feel so much better! I am anxious to hear how sweet Hazel is doing today, and get those test results!;)

I agree with Kim - you can do it. It's really not that bad - and a lot easier than trying to find a vein!! Hazel will be so happy to be home with you that she'll be a purrfect patient. :)

Catsnclay
12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Lisa-

Call me if you need help. Remember I had to do it for Lucky. Also, don't buy an IV from the vet, I still have 1/2 a bag here that I've been meaning to give you, along with the sterile needles.

It really is easy to do. Make sure you put her in the bathroom or some other room that no one else can get in. It takes a good 15 minutes to put in 2.5 liters (?) if I remember correctly. Also set things up before you bring her in. Then just cuddle and hold her for that time, worked for me.

Remember, I will come over and do it if you or Kevin can't.....besides it will give me a chance to meet Mouser!! :D

K & L
12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Lisa-

Call me if you need help. Remember I had to do it for Lucky. Also, don't buy an IV from the vet, I still have 1/2 a bag here that I've been meaning to give you, along with the sterile needles.

It really is easy to do. Make sure you put her in the bathroom or some other room that no one else can get in. It takes a good 15 minutes to put in 2.5 liters (?) if I remember correctly. Also set things up before you bring her in. Then just cuddle and hold her for that time, worked for me.

Remember, I will come over and do it if you or Kevin can't.....besides it will give me a chance to meet Mouser!! :D

We may take you up on that offer if necessary!!:) And it's about time you get over and meet the maniac!:eek: :D

lynnestankard
12-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Lisa - Prayers for Hazel coming home!!! Fingers and paws crossed here xxxx

Lynne

jazzcat
12-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Glad to hear she is better and coming home. Good luck with the fluids.

catcrazylady
12-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Great news that Hazel is coming home! Give big hugs and kissies to that sweet girl.