PDA

View Full Version : Dear Barbara, I've been injured

Logan
12-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Dear Barbara,

I have not written you in a while, and now here I am with some "not so good" pictures of me that my Mom took Friday night. She told me that I needed to assure you that I am ok, though. She wouldn't want you to worry and I wouldn't either. My daddy did take me to the vet today to get a shot because I have been chewing on myself again, plus I scratched my wounds last night and started bleeding again. My mother is very sad because she said that I don't look quite as handsome right now and she doesn't want me to get an infection. I don't like it when she is sad. :( I tried to cuddle with her a lot last night in bed. she woke up and had her arm over me! :eek: But I didn't even bite her. I was cold and she was keeping me warm! :)

Anyway, last Friday night, I was "catting" around in my yard and when my mom let me back inside, she didn't notice anything being wrong, but then I jumped up on the butcher block and she screamed! :eek: As you can see, I was bleeding on my face. I haven't told my mom what I fought with, but she said it must have been something vicious and probably not a cat. I told her that she should see the other guy! ;) My mom said I am lucky that my eyes weren't injured. Those scratches are awfully close to my eyes, she said.

Mom said that stuff like this is why I should stay indoors all the time, but I'm really not interested in doing that and I would make her life miserable if she made me do that. ;) I did decide that now that it is so cold outside, I will stay inside more, though. :)

Well, I'd better go now. I wanted to tell you and your friends, "hello" and "Merry Christmas". Mom says I will get better soon, she's sure, and then she'll take another picture of me for you.

Love,
Butter

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc35b3127cceabca3d14b2630000001610
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc35b3127cceabca3c42f2ad0000001610
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc35b3127cceabca3d09334e0000001610

Cataholic
12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
ACK! Poor little Butter. I hope your facial lacerations heal quickly! Poor little kitty...:(

kimlovescats
12-14-2004, 09:46 AM
*kissies* on those boo boos , sweet Butter!!! Get better soon, honey and stay in where it's WARM!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Oh no! Butter, I'm so glad you're ok! How horrifying for your meowmy! Boy am I glad it's cold outside so you stay inside more. I know the other guy probably looks worse, but all your meomy knows and cares about is how bad you look. Heal quick sweetie, and continue to not bit your meowmy. She cares about you so much.

catlover4ever
12-14-2004, 09:59 AM
OH Butter I hope you are feeling better. I can see why you gave your mommy such a scare. I can imagine what the other critter looks like.

Kisses to all your boo boos!!!

Cincy'sMom
12-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Butter, you must be one tough kitty!! I hope you got your licks in on the other guy!!

Hope your scrtaches heal quickly!!

chrangharris
12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh, poor Butter! Poor other animal too- he must have looked 10x worse! Get better soon and here are some kisses!

Edwina's Secretary
12-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Well....I know a young man who will be seeing this picture....as a reminder of the evils that lurk outside!

Poor Buttercup!

btw....your dad took you to the vet???? Sounds like that relationship is getting better!

Logan
12-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Well....I know a young man who will be seeing this picture....as a reminder of the evils that lurk outside!

Poor Buttercup!

btw....your dad took you to the vet???? Sounds like that relationship is getting better!

I should have corrected Butter's statement. It took 3 of us to get Butter into the crate this morning. Daddy "dropped" Butter off at the vet because his office is closer. I am picking him up soon, I hope. I just called to check and see if he was ready, but he hasn't been seen yet. I'm sure he'll be in a lovely mood after being confined in a cage all morning!! :eek:

ramanth
12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Uh oh. :eek: Yikes Butter! I hope those heal up quickly.

Kia's ears look the same. She's been coned.

pitc9
12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Oh Butter... you Butter:p stay inside where it's safe!

Get better soon!!!

Craftlady
12-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Ouch.... Hope your eye heals soon.

CalliesMom
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Butter!! Ouch, that looks awfully painful!! I hope you feel better and give your parents a few kisses for scaring them to death!

lynnestankard
12-14-2004, 02:26 PM
OW!! Butter - your little face looks so sore - I hope the 'white coats' are able to give you 'stuff' to make you lots better.

Oh and maybe staying in for a little while would be a good idea? You know just til you start to heal.

{{{{Hugs}}}}} across the miles sweet furboy xxxx

Lynne

Rachel
12-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh Butter, you had best leave those wounds alone or your mom will have you wearing one of those Elizabethian collars and whatever would that do for your Bad Boy reputation?

I do hope your day in the carrier wasn't the worst. Maybe you had fun snarling at anyone who came near! Hopefully you were a good patient when the doctor examined you. We would hate to hear that you needed to find yourself a new vet.

Anyway I know that a note from your favorite Barbara will soothe
your ruffled fur. Hope you don't mind our reading over her shoulder.

Jods
12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Oh no... Your right the culprit must look terrible compaired to you. I hope you heal soon, your still as cute as can be. Pixie sends mezzer kisses and I send human kisses....

QueenScoopalot
12-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Oh dear Butter. :( You mustn't be out scrappin' like that, but I can relate to your "make meowmie miserable" if you don't get your way! I have a nawty ex-tom cat here who has to go outside now and then, and he's very nawty if he doesn't get his way. At least this guy's a whimp, and doesn't get into brawls like you Butter. :eek: Kisses for all those nasty looking boo boos, and stay inside where it's warm! ;)

Barbara
12-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Oh Butter! Now I am really worried. I know that you meezers are terrible warriors and I know the other guy got what he deserved but I am too too sorry that I'm not around to give you kisses.
For me you will always look adorable but I hope you get better soon!

Kissies from Barbara

ramanth
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Logan
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc35b3127cceabca3d09334e0000001610
Mom!!! Must you use that darn flash?! *blink, blink*

:D

rg_girlca
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
OMG, poor Butter. Oh those look nasty.
I hope and pray that you heal up well with no complications.

Poor sweet Baby. Kissey, kissey for the boo-boos.

AmberLee
12-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh Butter-boy!!! What owie looking owies!!

Although cuddling wif the Meowmy sounds like a good way to speed up the healins. Hope it goes way fast and that you're feeling fine by the holidays, honey.

lizbud
12-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh Butter baby. Just look at you sweetie.:( Better just stop
acting like a 'tough' guy, and stay inside as the huggie-bear
you really are inside.:D Hope you get better soon Butter.:)

catcrazylady
12-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Awwe poor Butter boy! You look like Peanut Butter did when he slipped out the door earlier this year. Major booboo huh? I hope you feel better soon you handsome boy.

Logan
12-14-2004, 08:52 PM
You guys aren't going to believe this. Butter spent the day at the veterinarian's office today. Dr. Freeman (not our regular vet, but very nice.....Dr. R is on vacation this week) said that he believes Butter did this to himself as part of his overall skin issues. He is "raw" on the inside of his legs and his belly. He said that it is entirely possible that Butter got carried away and started clawing at himself, which would explain why his his eyes weren't injured, but still with wounds so close to his eyes. He got shots of steroids and antibiotics. Hopefully he will start the healing process soon. He is very happy to be home and hasn't bitten any of us! LOL!!!

Logan

luckies4me
12-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Poor Butter, I hope you start feeling better soon sweety. You have a wonderful mommy to take care of you, just treat her a little nicer OK? ;)

anna_66
12-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh Butter! What on earth did you get into a fight with? Those owies look pretty bad. I hope they heal fast!

Cinder & Smoke
12-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Logan

You guys aren't going to believe this...

... he believes Butter did this to himself...

... possible that Butter got carried away and
started clawing at himself...

He is very happy to be home and hasn't bitten any of us! LOL!!!

:eek:
OMG! :(

A bad case of the *Itchies*??

Sorry to hear this new explanation of the wounds ~

Gotta say the original theory - of the
Great Warrior Valiantly Protecting the Queen's Lands -
has a better *ring* to it...

The Vet might be *on* to something with HIS thoery.
Hope the treatment eliminates the *itch*!

Can't remember - does the ButterMan "permit" nail klipping?
Klippin da Klawz might reduce the damage he can do to himself.

Feel Better Soon, ButterBall!!

(And how *nice* you haven't *chewed* on any Hoomins since
your return!) :p

popcornbird
12-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Oh my gosh! Butter, you poor thing!!! :( Get well soon little guy.

shais_mom
12-15-2004, 12:12 AM
POOR BUTTER!!
I hope he feels better asap!

Logan
12-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Phred, I could kick myself for not asking them to trim his claws while he was there. I'm not sure we could pull it off. Heck it took 3 of us just to get him in the cat carrier! :eek: Scott said "he's strong". I said "no joke", knowing how many times I had to put him in that carrier by myself and thinking I was going to break his back trying to shove him in!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-15-2004, 02:57 AM
AUCHIE............... Poor Butter!! Get better real soon, sweetie!

Barbara
12-15-2004, 03:00 AM
Butter I am so sorry you have these itches so badly that you had to claw yourself:eek:

Be careful hurting yourself or you have to live in a bag as poor Malfi had to do:eek:

Hope these itches go soon!

Randi
12-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Oh poor Butter, it's awful to see you like this! :( I hope your wounds will heal fast, and your skin issues will get better soon!

I wonder if it's the same with cats in winter, as with humans - some gets itchy skin when it gets colder and the radiator comes on. A humidifier in the house might help.

Logan, I think it's worth a try to clip his nails. It may not be as difficult as you think. I was amazed how easy it was with Fister. Just make sure you get the right scissor and do it when Butter is sleeping - or at least very relaxed. Do one or two at a time if neccesary. The first few times, it is very important that he doesn't get upset, then he won't mind, once he finds out it doesn't hurt. :)

Good luck - and get better soon, Butter!

smokey the elder
12-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Poor Butter! That's quite an owie. I hope you get better fast.

catmandu
12-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Poor Little Butter,thank God,that you were not hurt,worse,and we hope,that you stay inside more,as there are some mean Cats,out there,and Dogs too.

Logan
12-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Dear Barbara,

I was just exhausted after my long day at the doctor yesterday. My mom gave me something good to eat and then I took a nap. I have no interest in going outdoors. It is too cold!!!! Brrrrrrr..........

Here I am last night, resting, and getting well.

Love,
Butter

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc34b3127cceabfe93252b8c0000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc34b3127cceabfe93112bb80000001610

christa
12-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh no! That looks painful!

You're one tough guy, Butter!

Rachel
12-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Tucker says he knows all about itchy skin and he can sympathize. I, however, am tempted to believe Butter wanted to ratchet up his BAd bOY :mad: reputation since there has been a bit too much focus on his softer side recently. ;)

catnapper
12-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh Butter! I missed this thread! How are you feeling today? I see that you are sleeping off the excitement of the white coat visit, but are you feeling ok? Kisses to speed the healing!

LittleOrangeKitten
12-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Poor furbaby...bless his little heart! I hope he gets better soon!

Barbara
12-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Sweet Butter, I am so terribly sorry for your poor little face.

Thousand tender kisses from me:)

Killearn Kitties
12-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Kisses you you sweet Butter. Sleep well and heal those wounds!
The girls send the gentlest headbumpies ever!