PDA

View Full Version : FL PT Meeting--final!--1/4/2005

Kfamr
12-14-2004, 08:45 AM
So it's final! The first Florida PT meeting of 2005 will be held on:

Tuesday, January 4th, 2005 @ John Chesnut Sr. Paw Playground - Pavillion #3 (http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/04_Chesnut.htm)

Everyone is welcome!
Pavillion # 3 is the closest pavillion to the Paw Playground.

John Chesnut Sr. Park is located on East Lake road in Palm Harbor, Florida.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/deadbarbi/Mapofpark.jpg

If anyone would like a map to the park, from their house -- Just go to MapQuest.com.
The Park's address is:

2200 East Lake Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683

Kiara says that she wants to see EVERYONE there to throw the ball for her!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/deadbarbi/kiinvite.jpg
(This picture was taken yesterday at the Paw Playground! :) )

Right now they're in the middle of some reconstruction (The park is huge, though!) All they have is a small area blocked off which they're probably going to be mulching in pretty soon.

There are a few benches throughout the Paw Playground, as well as baggies and trashcans to pick up after your pooches.
There is a small dog area, and a large dog area, both of which have "Cooling Stations" where you can hose off your dog and allow them to drink.

Any questions please feel free to ask!
The next post I will talk about what food/drinks we'd like to have.

Kfamr
12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
So what would everyone like to eat and drink?

Are Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers/Hot Dogs fine with everyone?
As well as chips, probably some sort of fruit salad, potato salad, etc..?

Drinks~
Coke/Pepsi?
Mello Yello
Water
Diet Coke/Pepsi?

What does everyone prefer?? I'm not that picky! :p

anna_66
12-14-2004, 09:00 AM
NO FAIR, NO FAIR, NO FAIR!!!
That's my birthday and I want to be there too:(
Maybe one of these days.

I hope you have fun!

slleipnir
12-14-2004, 09:24 AM
I can bring stuff too if you want??? Just let me know what.

(I'm not picky either XD..well except for some things which i'm very picky but drinks not really XD)

Anna- you hsould come cause this will probably be the only time I'll be anywhere near there :rolleyes: LOL you know you waaaaaaaaanna :p hehe

Cincy'sMom
12-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Have fun!! And of course, take lotsof pictures for all us shmucks freezing in Ohio!!

Samantha Puppy
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I wanna go!!!

dukedogsmom
12-14-2004, 12:14 PM
What time? Sucks that I won't be able to spend a lot of time there this time. Wish I didn't have to be home on the 5th. Is Audrey going to be there on the 5th? I might be able to drive back. Don't know.

Kfamr
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Probably around 3:00.

I get off of school at around 2 and don't usual get home until 2:30 or so.

I'm not sure what Audrey is doing.

dukedogsmom
12-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Alrighty then. Guess I will be driving home pretty late then. Won't you be glad when you get out of school? But then comes work. Blah. At least you get paid for it, though :p

slleipnir
12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm pretty sure mom said we'd be there for the 4th and 5th in Kays area

slleipnir
12-14-2004, 01:38 PM
My moms uncle lives in Titusville (sp?) where is that like compaired to where Kay is??

Kfamr
12-14-2004, 04:06 PM
It's like 3 hours east of me.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Sounds great to me. Let us know what you want us to bring.

slleipnir
12-15-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm just depressed it's cold down there T-T

Kfamr
12-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Okay, my dad said that we can take care of the main course, drinks, silverware/plates/etc..

And he suggested that everyone/whoever brings a side to pass around. Whatever you feel like bringing is fine -- Chips, Salads, Desserts, etc...
If theres anything else you'd like us to get for your burgers/hot dogs, let me know.
Also, soda/drink preferences?

So, I'm going to copy off of the Findlay crew and make a "menu"..

Main Dish/Meat
. . Hot Dogs & Buns (by Kfamr)
. . Burgers & Buns (by Kfamr)

Salads/Sides
. .???

Desserts
. .Brownies (Kfamr)
. .???

Kitchen Supplies & STUFF (by Kfamr)
. . KetchUp
. . Mustard
. . Mayo
. . Salt & Pepper
. . Onion
. . Cheese
. . Paper towels
. . Cooler with Drinks & Ice
. . Grill supplies
. . Plates, Napkins, Forks*

BitsyNaceyDog
12-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Kay, That's an awful lot for you guys to do. We can help with the drinks or hot dogs and buns and stuff.
I'll have to decide what to make as far as a side dish goes. What do you all like?

slleipnir
12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
I don't mean to sound cheap, but I'm not going to have much money at all. I would like to bring something but I'm kinda confused by the 'menu' and what else is needed?? Pop or something to drink??

anna_66
12-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Anna- you hsould come cause this will probably be the only time I'll be anywhere near there :rolleyes: LOL you know you waaaaaaaaanna :p hehe
Oh you know a waaaaaaaaaaaannna too, but unfortunately not possible right now with work and Mark not working since his surgery:(
But I hope you all have a fun time! Make sure you take lots and lots of pictures!!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Has anyone talked to Libby? Kay, I know you tried to call her but did you ever reach her?

Kfamr
12-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Kay, That's an awful lot for you guys to do. We can help with the drinks or hot dogs and buns and stuff.
I'll have to decide what to make as far as a side dish goes. What do you all like?

We're fine with bringing a majority of the stuff, but if you'd like to bring the hot dogs and buns, i'll put you in charge of that then. :p

I don't mean to sound cheap, but I'm not going to have much money at all. I would like to bring something but I'm kinda confused by the 'menu' and what else is needed?? Pop or something to drink??

The ones with the question mark are what we need.
Like so:

----------------------------
Salads/Sides
. .???

Desserts
. .Brownies (Kfamr)
. .???

---------------------------

You don't HAVE to bring anything if you don't wanna.
I know grocery stores sell pre-cut fruits/veggies, and if you'd like to just pick up one of those, feel free to.

Has anyone talked to Libby? Kay, I know you tried to call her but did you ever reach her?

I haven't called her but I have PM'ed her a link to this thread. I'm not sure if she's read it or not, but I haven't got a reply.

Also, if anyone wants to bring some more drinks, that's fine too.

I'll post an updated menu in the next post.

Kfamr
12-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Main Dish/Meat
. . Hot Dogs & Buns (by Kblaix)
. . Burgers & Buns (by Kfamr)

Salads/Sides
. . Potato Salad (by Kfamr)
. . Cool Wrap Tray from Chick-fil-A (http://chickfila.com/MenuItems.asp?MenuItem=wrapTray)(by Kfamr)

Desserts
. .Brownies (Kfamr)
. .???

Kitchen Supplies & STUFF (by Kfamr)
. . KetchUp
. . Mustard
. . Mayo
. . Salt & Pepper
. . Onion
. . Cheese
. . Paper towels
. . Cooler with Drinks & Ice
. . Grill supplies
. . Plates, Napkins, Forks*[/b]

RobiLee
12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
I wanna go too!!!! :( :(

Kfamr
12-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Anna and Robin, You girls need to stop talking about the "i wanna's" and just get your butts down here!

Come on, You 4 and all of the pups could take one big road trip together, :p

RobiLee
12-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Anna and Robin, You girls need to stop talking about the "i wanna's" and just get your butts down here!

Come on, You 4 and all of the pups could take one big road trip together, :p

LOL....that would be fun! I really, really wish we could!!

Now if you can just arrange it with all of our work places (well, except for goofy Mark since he has been on a permanent vacation lately :rolleyes: ) and figure out how we can come up with the extra cash and find some place for the four of us and five dogs to stay, we would be all set!!! ;) :p

Hugs....Robin :p

slleipnir
12-17-2004, 08:53 PM
No excuses!! I'm driving like 905 hours!!! lol jk

Kay, I want to bring something..I'll see when we get there how tight on money I am T-T

If all goes well with my moms work till ike midnext week then it's a all go unless it's a blizzrd here. She keeps talking about needing to fire both of her girls and I;m like NO! wait itll we get back!! but she needs to give them 2 weeks notice so hopefully she can hold off on it for a week :rolleyes:

anna_66
12-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee
LOL....that would be fun! I really, really wish we could!!

Now if you can just arrange it with all of our work places (well, except for goofy Mark since he has been on a permanent vacation lately :rolleyes: ) and figure out how we can come up with the extra cash and find some place for the four of us and five dogs to stay, we would be all set!!! ;) :p

Hugs....Robin :p

Oh yes, oh yes!! Do you think you could arrange it Kay:p :D

Are you really driving Audrey? OMG! Have fun!

slleipnir
12-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Yes, it will take like 3 days!!! lol I've never driven so far!! Most I went was to quebec which was only 12 hours. but I'm afraid to fly with Zeke more then anything....

my mom is packing her bags btw :o :p :eek: :D

slleipnir
12-21-2004, 11:08 AM
only 5 more days till I 'leave'. It's starting to sink in I guess. I was talking to Jo and was like 'how am I going to leave you for 2 weeks?' and I started to cry. I'm gonna miss her and kit so much..-sigh- I duno how I can do it or ifI can

BitsyNaceyDog
12-22-2004, 05:01 PM
only 5 more days till I 'leave'. It's starting to sink in I guess. I was talking to Jo and was like 'how am I going to leave you for 2 weeks?' and I started to cry. I'm gonna miss her and kit so much..-sigh- I duno how I can do it or ifI can

Just bring them along too.;) :D

slleipnir
12-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
Just bring them along too.;) :D

i wish :rolleyes: but there isn't enough room/she doesn't travel well/she is dog aggressive :( I know my dad will spoil her when I'm gone though and told me to stop dwelling on the negative

Kfamr
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Only a few more days. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
12-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Only a few more days. :)

I know, I'm excited!!!

petslover
01-01-2005, 12:54 AM
I wished I could come. I really wished I had more people in MS for one. lol but noone lives in MS.. maybe one day I will be able to. I hope you guys and pups have tons of fun!

Blustang24
01-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I hope all of you guys enjoy the get together!!! It sure does sound like fun. I'll try to make it next time. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-01-2005, 09:06 PM
How many people and dogs are going to be there?

2 people and 2 dogs for me:
people-Justin and me
dogs- Nacey and Nova (the foster pup)

Is 3:00 still the time to be at the park?

Kfamr
01-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Yep.

2 people - My Dad (Ken) & Me (Kay)
3 dogs - Simba, Nala, and Kiara.

Hey Kari -- My sister and I went to the Dali mesuem today, and I picked you up a few things. :D So you'll get a little-something for coming over this way. ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Yep.

2 people - My Dad (Ken) & Me (Kay)
3 dogs - Simba, Nala, and Kiara.

Hey Kari -- My sister and I went to the Dali mesuem today, and I picked you up a few things. :D So you'll get a little-something for coming over this way. ;)

You're so sweet. I can't wait to meet you in person. I'm glad you're bringing all 3 dogs. :) :)

Is Audrey's mom coming too?

dukedogsmom
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I guess I'll just leave at around 1230 or 1.

Kfamr
01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
We've got everything ready.. just finishing up the potato salad.

The dogs gotta figure out what they're going to wear! :p

slleipnir
01-04-2005, 08:16 AM
My mom is coming for a bit. So 2 people (for a bit) and 1 dog (Zeke ;))

Kfamr
01-04-2005, 08:36 AM
LOL Crap.. I just missed you again Audrey. >.<

My dad let me stay home today (it was his idea, and although I was going to go today, why miss the chance when he actually approves of me stayinh home? :p )

Valerie will be coming over earlier today.
Maybe you'd like to do something?

I never got your hotel number so hopefully you'll be back on soon ;x

cloverfdx
01-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Have fun guys :D.

Kfamr
01-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Come on Rhiannon... you have time to fly over, don't ya? :p

RobiLee
01-04-2005, 10:44 AM
I will be thinking about you all today. Have a wonderful time!! I wish sooo bad that me and the girls could be there also.

Have tons of fun! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Robin :)

cloverfdx
01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Lmao, yep i'll just stick Clove in my back pack and fly on over, cya soon ;). I wish, Clove would love to play with Nala.

Kfamr
01-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey all -- The meeting is over. Audrey and Zeke are here at my house -- Kari, Justin, & Val are on their ways home. Here's one of the pics I took today, more will be posted later.

(Hiiii, it's Audrey!! )

The pic is of Zeke, Ki and another dog named Brandy.

slleipnir
01-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey, back at the hotel. Had a lotof fun! Zeke and Ki played a whoooole lot. Gota bunch of pics of them haha

I'm leaving for homein the morning, so I'll talk to you all when I get home!

dukedogsmom
01-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I was so glad you got to come over. We had lots of fun. Just wish it wasn't so rushed. I'm getting ready to go to bed. Duke and I are pooped. I was going to try and post pics but there's no way.

Kfamr
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I wanna say thanks to Audrey, and her mom especially - Audrey tell your mom i'm glad she stayed and came to the beach with us!

And to Kari and Justin for driving all the way over here! Glad you guys could make it.

And to Val too of course! :D

Pictures are being loaded onto imagestation right now.

Kfamr
01-04-2005, 10:21 PM
All of the pictures are uploaded and ready to go - Will post them tomorrow. :)

dukedogsmom
01-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Can you believe I've already got mine up? I woke up at 4 this morning and couldn't sleep. i wish I could just stay home today. Feel horrible.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I had so much fun. Thank you Kay (and your dad too) for everything. You did too much. I'm working on getting my pictures up right now. I loved meeting all of you. We'll have to do it again sometime, maybe over here so you can meet the rest of my gang. And I can't be late if it's over here.;)

slleipnir
01-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah it was a blast :) Thanks to you and your dad and mom for all that work put in to it! My mom said to say thanks for everything too, and the extra potato salad and stuff XD hehe