PDA

View Full Version : Results from Court

mina'smomma
12-14-2004, 07:26 AM
As many of you know Lee and I were in court yesterday afternoon. The man took our attorney's plea and plead guilty to manslaughter, habitual DUI, and driving on a suspended license. He is to spend 12 years in prison with no parole (due to him being a habitual), six years of probation after his term is served with 500 hours community service, and he will never have his license reinstated.

I think what shocked me the most is that he was remorseful for our daughter's death, and asked that even though he knows we can't do it now that he hopes someday we can find it in our hearts to forgive him. I would of had a hard time believeing him except he was bawling his eyes out. He just kept saying he was sorry for the pain he caused us over and over so I don't think it was a rehearsed speech. Maybe in time we can forgive him, but who knows. Right now we're working on trying to cope with our loss and move on with our lives.

I'm back to work and am glad because I'm not left by myself at home all day. I guess its a step in the right direction. I started working on the blanket again and its almost finished.:)

Karen
12-14-2004, 07:30 AM
I am glad that it went as well as could be expected. I am glad that he now knows what he has done, and will hopefully get help. I am glad you are healing, and know your own little angel will be wtching over you. This has been an awful, awful time for you, and you deserve lots of hugs for getting through it all.

Wishing you peace ...

And sending a big hug.

pitc9
12-14-2004, 07:49 AM
I glad to hear he was as remorseful as he was. I'm sure right now that may help a little, but only time will heal you.

*~Hugs~* to you!

ramanth
12-14-2004, 08:20 AM
That's good news. *hugs*

Now hopefully the healing process can continue.

mina'smomma
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
*bump*

robinh
12-14-2004, 12:36 PM
I think of you everyday and hope that time will give you peace. I will pray for you and your precious angel always.

This man has to live the rest of his life with what he did and that's the way it should be.

My nephew lost a leg to a drunk driver and I keep that woman in my prayers (she is in prison too). I will add this man to my prayers too.

carole
12-14-2004, 01:35 PM
I am glad he got given a good amount of years in prison, he will have much time to think about what he has done, your sentence is forever, the pain might ease, but it will always be with you, and I am glad he showed remorse, although it may not mean much just now, I think it will help your healing in the long run.

I am just glad that part of it is all over for you, nothing we can say will change what has happened , but just know we are always here for you any time night or day, HUGS to you both.

moosmom
12-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Mina's Mom,

At least you had your day in court and now you have closure, for what it's worth.

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your devastating loss. I reiterate what Carole has just posted.

nothing we can say will change what has happened , but just know we are always here for you any time night or day, HUGS to you both.

(((hugs)))

Donna

GraciesMommy
12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/thinkofu.gif

~hugs

Toby's my baby
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I am glad that he was so remorseful, I am also glad that he got a good sentence... I hope that your family can now live in peace knowing what the outcome is...

~hugs~ to you and your family! :)

Tonya
12-14-2004, 03:32 PM
I am glad that he was punished and that he was sentenced quickly. Thank God it didn't drag on. Now you can move on and begin the healing process.