PDA

View Full Version : Verdict --> Death

christa
12-13-2004, 03:53 PM
for Scott Peterson . . .

Sentence of Death was just recommended by the jury.

Thoughts?

My Peanuts
12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
I don't know how to feel. I want to see him pay for what he did and I am in favor of the death penalty. On the other hand I'd love to see him rot in jail for the rest of his life getting his a$$ kicked by random inmates.

lovemyshiba
12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/13/peterson.case/index.html

I cried when I heard the sentence.
I cried for Laci, and the life she had that was cut too short, and for baby Connor, for the life he never got to lead.

I know it will be a while, and there will be appeals and everything else, but I hope justice is served in this case.

I cannot believe how stone faced he is--never any emotion.

lovemyshiba
12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
I don't know how to feel. I want to see him pay for what he did and I am in favor of the death penalty. On the other hand I'd love to see him rot in jail for the rest of his life getting his a$$ kicked by random inmates.

I'm sure that will happen either way, whether he's in for life, or on death row.

mooshoosmama
12-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, I'm for the death penalty. And I don't believe that our taxes should go to pay for a roof over his head, free education, food in his mouth and a warm place to sleep every night, free medical, etc., when we already have plenty of good, poor, honest people on the outside who need it so much more.

But...die or life, it won't change the circumstances or bring Laci and Conner back. So I really don't know what to say either.

christa
12-13-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm all for the death penalty. I just don't think that his suffering will even compare to what he put Laci & Conner through.

We don't even know how she died . . . but Scott will receive a lethal injection and not feel a thing.

I take that back . . . I've heard that hell is HOT!

Corinna
12-13-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't think it matters as California refuses to actually fallow through on its death row exacutions. Too bad it didn't happen in Texas.

mooshoosmama
12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Christa,

I take that back . . . I've heard that hell is HOT!

LOL!!!

He won't suffer from the stick of a needle. It'll be like go under anesthesia only he won't wake up. He should suffer exactly the way Laci and Conner did, and only HE and a Higher Power know how they suffered.

davidpizzica
12-13-2004, 07:00 PM
I belie4ve that death penalties should be carried out immediately. This crumb will be sitting in jail while his lawyers are making up appeals and meanwhile taxpayers are supporting him in jail. After all he didn't give ANY appeals to his wife and unborn son, did he?!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-13-2004, 07:03 PM
I honestly don't know what to think. Part of me does think he did it, but the other part still believes he did not.. I guess we'll never know for sure.

All I know is that I'm hurting for both families. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
He'll probably die of old age before the appeals all run out.

One thing I find fitting: he will be in San Quintin which over looks the bay where he dumped them. I hope his cell has a view of it so he can see it every day!

Samantha Puppy
12-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Very happy with the verdict - I only wish it would actually be carried out... and not by lethal injection.

You can see my thoughts on the matter in the "Why spare his life?" thread.

sirrahbed
12-14-2004, 01:23 PM
I will be glad when the public is given more of the evidence that the jury based their decision of guilty on. I did not hear enough that would have enabled me to vote guilty beyond a reasonable doubt - so guess it's a good thing I was not on the jury. I DO believe in the death penalty - but only for cases with NO doubt, where a murder was committed, proven with physical evidence, witnesses an/or a guilty plea. This case has bothered me all along. I have no doubt that Scott Peterson was the ultimate scumbag, he is despicable....but not that he murdered. So, I just hope that jury saw much more than I did and I watched the news every day. It bothers me...allot.

One thing I AM glad about is that the case has set a very good precedent for the fact that an unborn child is a person. Anyone who knowingly takes that life HAS committed murder.

Those are MY thoughts.

popcornbird
12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
I personally don't see ANY doubts in the case. This has been a LONG trial, and I know they have tons of proof to give him the death penalty. I'm so happy to see him get the death penalty. Someone who is evil enough to kill his own wife and child deserves nothing but his own death in return.

GraciesMommy
12-14-2004, 01:59 PM
I have to echo sirrahbed's feelings...I am not convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt...not enough to give the death penalty. Hopefully they will release the information that clinched it with the jury.
No doubt, he is a low life cheater, evidently not good with showing emotion, but so far that is all that I have seen proven beyond a shadow of a doubt..

The families are who is suffering now, both sides...they have lost an entire family..

sirrahbed
12-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I personally don't see ANY doubts in the case. This has been a LONG trial, and I know they have tons of proof to give him the death penalty. I'm so happy to see him get the death penalty. Someone who is evil enough to kill his own wife and child deserves nothing but his own death in return.

I hope you are right Poppy - and I hope that the public is made aware of the "tons of proof" that enabled them to make that decision because all I have heard on the news is circumstantial and leaves so much doubt in my mind. I definitely agree with your last sentence - I just do not know what the proof was that this guy committed murder. I hope you are right. Like I said...it bothers me allot. I am so glad it was not my decision to make.

LorraineO
12-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Well,, death is an easy way out for this guy,,, As much as I would love to see him pay with his life,, it would be letting him off,,,, Eternal rest,, forgiveness from a higher ppower,,, heaven??? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... he needs to be kept alive,, made to think everyday ,, to live everyday for as long as possible with what he has done........

Cookiebaker
12-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I heard a rumor today that he they have possibly linked him to at least one other murder. I looked on-line but I don't see any articles like this. Has anybody else heard this??

popcornbird
12-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Well,, death is an easy way out for this guy,,, As much as I would love to see him pay with his life,, it would be letting him off,,,, Eternal rest,, forgiveness from a higher ppower,,, heaven??? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... he needs to be kept alive,, made to think everyday ,, to live everyday for as long as possible with what he has done........

God didn't make Heaven for evil murderers. People who commit such evil crimes in their lives as he did have another place in the afterlife called Hell. :p He he he. I say let him die and head to the fire. He'll get his well deserved, eternal punishment there.

This is probably the saddest and most horrid case I have ever heard of. My heart aches for both families stuck in the middle. :(

CathyBogart
12-15-2004, 12:20 AM
One one hand....what good will killing him serve? It will not bring Laci back.

On the other hand....why waste the money to keep such scum alive?

Corinna
12-15-2004, 01:03 AM
I think the next thing I heard just about made meas mad as can be . Hes getting a private isolation cell,they think some of the other inmates may have strong options and hurt him. Jailhouse justice oh yah!!!Maybe an odd code but even crimanals have a knowledge of right and wrong (just doesn't always apply to them)

LorraineO
12-15-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
God didn't make Heaven for evil murderers. People who commit such evil crimes in their lives as he did have another place in the afterlife called Hell. :p He he he. I say let him die and head to the fire. He'll get his well deserved, eternal punishment there.

ahhhh...... but isnt it said that God forgives all??? there is NO HELL!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Samantha Puppy
12-15-2004, 09:10 AM
ahhhh...... but isnt it said that God forgives all??? there is NO HELL!!! :D :D :D :D :D Only if forgiveness is asked! You're assuming Peterson is a religious man... which I find hard to believe if he disregarded his wedding vows and slept with another woman before murdering his wife and unborn baby.

And yes, there IS a Hell.

popcornbird
12-15-2004, 12:38 PM
ahhhh...... but isnt it said that God forgives all??? there is NO HELL!!! :D :D :D :D :D

If you believe there's a Heaven, you believe there's a Hell. At least that's how it usually works for most people. AND...God forgives even the greatest of crimes, but a person does have to feel remorseful and ask for forgiveness to be forgiven. Its not like we can do anything we want...go around murdering people and stealing and doing the worst of worst things, thinking *What's the big deal? When I die, I'll be forgiven anyway!* That really makes no sense at all to me. I do believe there's a Hell, and I do believe this guy's destined to it if he doesn't somehow 'change' for the good before his last breath.