PDA

View Full Version : Awww, Jeesh! They're killing me!

Tonya
12-13-2004, 12:17 PM
I just got a phone call from Jaden's school. For those of you that don't know, they've lost my son twice this year. Once, the bus dropped him off on the wrong side of town and once they told him to get on a bus that didn't exist, so he got stranded at the school until we found him a few hours later.

Anyways, they just called me and casually said "Hi, this is Mrs. Smith, I'm calling to see why Jaden isn't at school today." I'm like "WHAAAAAT?! I dropped him off this morning!" She replied "This is Mrs. Smith. Jaden is not at school today. We are calling to find out the reason of his absence."

Well, he was there, they accidently marked him absent which I am sure is a common mistake. I wasn't really mad about it, but talk about giving me a heart attack!

GraciesMommy
12-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Yes it is a very common mistake. I have worked in attendance before becoming registrar..and I have given a few "heart attacks" myself..lol...but that is with junior high and going to 7 teachers...isn't your son with only one teacher all day? Looks like that would be a little harder to mistake..but sure it happens..
We count absences in the first 2 periods for the absentee report. The rest of the periods teachers just do roll call but do not have to report it to the front office.
After all you have been thru I am sure it just magnifies the horror for you! Seems like Jaden has had more than his share of school mishaps!!!

Laura's Babies
12-13-2004, 02:21 PM
When my oldest son was in school, there was another boy there with the same name. I was the cafeteria manager so when he didn't show up at lunch (he never missed a meal) I was concerned and went asked one of his teachers if he had attended her class that day, she said he was absent from her class. They had had MY son listed in the other boys homeroom on the absent list so nobody realized MY son was absent and nobody missed him either.

I called home, he was there and was sick but said he would be ok...NOT!!!!! He ended up in ER needing surgery. His appendix has ruptured!

But the schools mistake didn't endanger my son like your schools mistake. Put him off where he don't live and tell him to catch a bus that don't exsist? OOoooooooo, they wouldn't have like me after I got through with telling them what I thought about that!!!

Corinna
12-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Since i have of love of the public school system (homeschooled both my kids)It doesn't surprise me at all . But I sure understand your point.
May be you should fit Jaden with a GPS locater at all times .:)

gini
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Tonya, have you ever thought about home schooling that boy?

It just might save his life and save you from future heart attacks!

It sounds as though you have a bunch of bumpkins all through that school.

Tonya
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by gini
Tonya, have you ever thought about home schooling that boy?

It just might save his life and safe you from future heart attacks!

It sounds as though you have a bunch of bumpkins all through that school.

I would love to homeschool him! I work though. And I don't know if I have the patience or the personality to stay home.

kimlovescats
12-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Bless your heart! I'm glad it was just a mistake! I would have freaked!:eek: ;)

mina'smomma
12-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Oh geez! Poor Tonya they're just putting you through the ringer.

cali
12-14-2004, 08:07 AM
lol I am used to getting marked absent when I am sitting in front of the teacher :rolleyes: lol I am also used to getting maked as there when I am home sick lol

Tonya
12-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by cali
lol I am used to getting marked absent when I am sitting in front of the teacher :rolleyes: lol I am also used to getting maked as there when I am home sick lol

We had an AP English teacher in highschool that'd always mark me there. Out of respect, I would normally show up for class for roll call and then leave. :p The class fell right before lunch, so I always had an extended lunch. I don't know if she did it for everyone, or just for me because I wrote well and always turned my work in. When I eventually got in trouble for skipping school, I had tons of absences in all the other periods, but zero in her class. That sure confused the principle. lol.