PDA

View Full Version : I am NOT happy!!

Miranda_Rae
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
I am NOT happy right now. We are having some guests from MN, some old friends that came up to go hunting, and they are here right now. Well, they have two Golden Retrievers, and one of them is VERY protective of everything. Well last year when they came up, their dog wouldn't even let Heidi into OUR garage, and would growl, bear her teeth, snap etc, at her, so I had to take her in a different way. Well, this year they came and they have another Golden. First off, Heidi jumped onto their pickup because she saw the other dogs in there :mad:, which she normally doesn't do. I was SO mad, and the guy wasn't happy either. He told me that if she does that again he was going to kick her. :( Then, he put his dogs into our garage, and when i took Heidi out to go potty (I have to go through the garage) the oldest Golden growled and snapped, and was being protective of OUR garage (again). So I finally get Heidi to the door, and then all three of the dogs bolted outside, and theres an old deer head from deer hunting there and the older Golden is standing by it, and Heidi wasn't even NEAR it, and wasn't even interested in it, and the dog took after her, and Heidi was yelping and everything!!!! :( :( :mad: :mad: Heidi was SO scared. Her tail was tucked between her legs, and her hair was raised and when I called her she was so scared. Well when I got her back inside i told the dogs owner what happened and he laughed, and started saying things like "oh she (Heidi) probably started it, and she was in her (the other dog) territory/space/whatever" and she wasn't even CLOSE to it!! :mad: He has also said a few things like, "Don't you teach your dog obeidence? I will show you how to teach her, or how to do it, etc." Yeah I know there are things that I have to work on with Heidi (and I plan on working/fixing them), but at least she isn't attacking other dogs, and I bond with my dog INSIDE, and I don't go over to other people's house and critizice their dogs obeidence, or their dog. I am SO mad, and I am so intimidated by him, and I feel like I have failed with Heidi, and that I have a bad dog (because thats the way he makes me feel :( :() I KNOW that my dog and I are not perfect. I wish they hadn't even come. :( I don't know I just had to vent.

Cincy'sMom
12-12-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't blame you for being upset. He and his dogs are guests in your home and IMO they should be have that way!! If he wants to let his dogs run his house and chase off whomever comes near, that is fine, but when his dogs are on another dogs territory, I think he should go out of his way to be sure his dogs don't interfere.

If would be another story if Heidi didn't like other dogs, and you and your family had invited his dogs and offered to go out of your way to ensure the dogs were kept seperate, but that obviously is not the case.

I wonder about his idea of teaching obeidence. If he was going to kick your dog for getting in his truck, how did he get his own dogs to mind him? Poor dogs!!

flamepony12
12-12-2004, 08:16 PM
uh, the nerve! :( I would be angry too! Whose friends are these? I hope you figure something out so that there wont be any more fighting or growling- It's sad that they would teach a perfectly good-natured golden retriever to do those kinds of things. :( Do me a favor- Give Heidi a scratch on the head and a kiss on the nose for me, and tell her it'll be okay. :)

~Devon <3

KYS
12-12-2004, 08:23 PM
(((HUGS)))

This man brings his dogs to your house and he
tells you he will kick Heidi.
I would tell your parents that he threatened to
kick Heidi. (not nice for a guest to say that)
Their are nicer ways to get a point across.

Don't let this man get the better of you.
IF he thinks he is bothering you he will do it more.

Be proud, and never think you or Heidi
are failures.
If he makes a rude remark about her training again,
just tell him you are working on it and smile.
Sounds like he needs the training on how to treat people
and dogs.

chocolatepuppy
12-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Sounds like this guy needs to get the boot! :mad: Can you talk to your parents? Can you and Heidi lay low or go out somehwere to get away from the idiot and his dogs? And please don't let him intimidate you. Good luck!

delidog
12-12-2004, 08:51 PM
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I agree with Everything Cincys'Mom said...They are a Guest in YOUR home,And Should Behave as such!!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

Poor Heidi...I hope she is alright!!!

Hugs & Treats for Heidi Girl!!!!

bckrazy
12-12-2004, 10:27 PM
:( I'm so sorry for you and Heidi. what a freakin jerk, I feel bad for his dogs. If anyone told me they'd kick my dog, I'd say that I will kick him! I have met hunting people before (who bred and showed german shorthairs), they were very rude and extremely mean to their dogs... thinking that beating their dogs into submission was the only way to make them work and be obedient, and their dogs were totally nuts. I would tell your parents, and say that you are not comfortable having such a butt-head staying at YOUR house, critisizing YOU and your wonderful baby girl, and allowing his dogs to attack your dog. Tell him that next time he comes, he can't bring the older dog... it isn't fair to Heidi, the dog obviously has an alpha personality and is not safe.

seriously Miranda, you should not feel bad at all! I have had people, at the dog park and in flyball and in my neighborhood, trying to blame THEIR agressive and disobedient dogs on my dog.. and its just not right. People do that like they make excuses for their children, they think their dogs are perfect and blame it on everyone but themselves, because they know that their dogs behavior is their owners fault :rolleyes:

Miranda_Rae
12-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys. I wasn't happy about ANY of that. The sad part is, I was looking Heidi over after their dog attacked her, and she had bites on her face, one below her eye, and one above it, and the one above it was a puncture wound, and when I said, "Oh Heidi you are bleeding, and you have a punture wound" right in FRONT of him, he didn't say anything, no sorry, nothing. I wasn't happy about that. GRRR!!!! :mad: So I cleaned out the bites with peroxide. Poor Heidi. :( This is the first time Heidi has gotten bit by another dog. :mad: Its just disgusting. I have been taking Heidi out a different way so that she doesn't have to go past their dogs. I don't *think* he beats his dogs, but I am not sure. Heidi is a hunting dog and I do NOT beat her, and I have met plenty of hunting people, and they don't beat theirs. I'm glad though. I told my parents, and they didn't say much. I will talk to them after they leave tomorrow morning. I don't know what they will say, though. Cincy'smom, they are my brothers friends. I mean I am friends with the boys, but I don't know, I have never really liked the dad. I don't think he treats his wife the greatest either. She wanted to come visit us, and he told her no, she had to stay home because it would ruin the trip or whatever. :rolleyes: Next year that they come up, I am thinking of leaving and staying somewhere else or something, or at least I don't know, but I don't really want them to come up next year if they are going to bring their dog, who attacked my dog without Heidi doing ANYTHING, and then the owner saying things about MY dog. I am just not happy about the whole situation. :mad: :(

CathyBogart
12-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Tell them to LEAVE. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of sh*t in my house, and you shouldn't have to either.

tomkatzid
12-13-2004, 02:14 AM
This dude is the rudest guy I have ever heard of.....all the "territory" he speaks of is YOUR dogs territory!!! He needs to keep his dog in check while they visit....and the kicking your dog thing, yeah he sounds like the perfect person to be telling someone else how to train their dog......what a freakin idiot:mad: ........tom

vinjashira
12-13-2004, 04:18 AM
he's a bully :mad:

Miranda_Rae
12-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
This dude is the rudest guy I have ever heard of.....all the "territory" he speaks of is YOUR dogs territory!!! He needs to keep his dog in check while they visit....and the kicking your dog thing, yeah he sounds like the perfect person to be telling someone else how to train their dog......what a freakin idiot:mad: ........tom

Yeah, thats what I thought too...its HEIDI'S territory, not their dogs. I was worried that Heidi might get upset with them on her territory, but nope, she was so excited to see other dogs. She was attacked on her territory! :mad: Last night she wouldn't even go near the area she was attacked. :( Poor baby. I am glad that its not just me that feels this way. I will talk to my parents after they leave, but I don't know if it will do any good. :(

Wolfchan: Unfortunately I can't ask them to leave because I live with my parents, and they are my parent's guests, but believe me if this happened in MY house, I would have given him a piece of my mind.

rotten_two
12-13-2004, 08:27 AM
i tell ya what -- if someone brought their dogs to my house and told me they were gonna kick my dogs -- the only thing getting kicked would be his a$$! no way mr man!

absolutely despicable behavior from the man so why would you think his dogs would be different i guess. sounds to me like they are undersocialized around everyone/thing. that's a shame and i am sorry that you have to put up with such crap. even when i was your age i would have let fly on this dude. you don't treat animals or other people like this. i feel sorry for his dogs!

yet another event that supports nuking the gene pool and starting over!

lv4dogs
12-13-2004, 10:36 AM
What guests you have NOT.

I agree with what everyone else said.

But I would like to point out to be very careful & try not to let Heidi see or be around the dogs as it may make her aggressive towards other dogs.

Miranda_Rae
12-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
But I would like to point out to be very careful & try not to let Heidi see or be around the dogs as it may make her aggressive towards other dogs.

Since that incident she hasn't had any contact with them other than this morning when I took her outside to go potty and they were outside, and then I quickly called her to me, and she came. They are gone now, thankfully! Gosh, I just informed my mom this morning that if they come next year, I am going over to someones house with Heidi. I am sure my aunt would let me come over there, or SOMEONE! I am not going to put up with that stuff next year. My mom wasn't happy about what he said about kicking Heidi.

Cincy'sMom
12-13-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm glad they are gone, and you and Heidi survived. Hopefully it won't be the same next year, or you'll be able to find somewhere else to stay.

RottiMommy49
12-13-2004, 09:40 PM
:mad: OMG it' would be a freaking cold day in H**L before that jerk was staying in our home with his dogs that likely can't stand him either but are terrified of him. Some people just love to make others feel like crap and pee on their cornflakes. He couldn't be gone fast enough for me. Oh I could just go on forever over this.:mad:

You're poor Heidi:( , her whole routine, life and safety are gone with him and his untrained dogs there. The nerve of him to know that his dog bit you're Heidi and say nothing at all or offer to leave with his pets and stay in a motel somewhere or head on home to his likely abused wife.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Some people make me sick, he's one of them right now.
Give Heidi a hug and kiss for me ok. I hope he isn't there too long or is booted out for being a jerkkkkkkkkkkkk.:mad:

Gee guess I'm kinda late posting this.:o

cyber-sibes
12-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Did your Mom see the bite marks? I am furious that they would not confront this guy - he must be as equally rude to people. It's good you have somewhere else to go, but it would seem wise to discuss this with your brother & your parents - they need to be aware of how damaging this was for Heidi & you! Poor Heidi. It's your home, too, so be upfront about this situation. You haven't done anything wrong. No way would I be curteous to someone who behaved that way :mad: What a jerk!

Corinna
12-14-2004, 12:22 AM
You and Hedi are welcome here in Montana I remember how great you did at the shows so she must be a very well trained girl. I love shorthairs anyway. My brother had a shorthair /beagle what a dog she was. Best hunting dog we ever had (dad wouldn't admit she showed up the springers.)

Miranda_Rae
12-14-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
You and Hedi are welcome here in Montana I remember how great you did at the shows so she must be a very well trained girl. I love shorthairs anyway. My brother had a shorthair /beagle what a dog she was. Best hunting dog we ever had (dad wouldn't admit she showed up the springers.)
My dad wants to go snowmobiling there sometime. Maybe I will look you up if I come along. ;)

Yes, my parents saw the bite marks. I don't think he beats his wife, but I just don't think he treats the nicest, I mean she wants to go places with him, and he tells her to stay home because it would ruin the trip. :mad: I tried talking to them, but my dad said that he was joking (right! :rolleyes: )....I will try again, hopefully it will be better this time.

Canis Amicus
12-17-2004, 05:51 AM
The dogs are the reflex of their owners!!! Both need to learn to show good manners and courtsy toward their hostess (both human and dogs).