PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Makeover: Home edition

CamCamPup33
12-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I find myself BAWLING on each episode.

Especially this one. This episode, their re-doing a house that a mother, adopted 3 teens who are infected with HIV. She (the mother) just found out she had cancer. :(

It's SO sad. It makes you realize how fortunate you really are.

Does anyone else watch this show?

guineapiglover4life
12-12-2004, 07:23 PM
I have never heard of it. That one episode you just described does sound sad! :(

gini
12-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Are you kidding? I am addicted to this show. Thanks for the reminder that it is on tonight.

prechrswife
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
That is one of my favorite shows. I missed it tonight, though.:(

christa
12-12-2004, 08:58 PM
I LOVE that show! Missed it tonight though . . . got busy wrapping Christmas gifts.

I usually cry at the beginning & end of EVERY episode!

BTW, Ty is gorgeous!!!

Logan
12-13-2004, 07:30 AM
It has become our family's favorite show and we try to see it every week. Last night was no exception. I just loved it when that contractor said that the mortgage had been torn up. :) I love the fact that each of the people involved seem to care so much too.

Logan

sirrahbed
12-13-2004, 07:34 AM
I just watched for the first time this week and I loved it, The family was one where the mom had donated - I think it was bone marrow. At the ned - she was able to meet the other mom and little girl who was still alive and healthy from being the recipient.
Yes, the builders seemed to love what they were doing and truly wanted to make things better for the family who would live in waht they created!! Yes, I cried:o

I saw the preview for the episode you mentioned CamCamPup - but I never keep track of when things are on!! I would have liked to see that one, too.

gini
12-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Last night's show was no exception............you can't help but tear up when everyone on the show is teary eyed.

Yes, Logan, when the builder rips up the mortgage it really gets to you.

Have any of you seen the show that explains "how do we do this"? I think it is new and on Monday nights.

slick
12-13-2004, 09:29 AM
I've seen it listed but never watched it at all. Isn't it just another re-decorating show?

Logan
12-13-2004, 09:35 AM
It's a more in depth, behind the scenes, look at how they do what they do in 7 days, slick. It is good to watch too. I think it is going to be a regular show starting in January, every Monday night.

Logan

sirrahbed
12-13-2004, 09:49 AM
I only saw the one show and a preview for another - but is the idea always to build a home for someone in real need? That is the impression that I got. That made it seem different than the usual decorating shows like While You Were Out and Trading Places/Spaces, etc or whatever they are called:)

gini
12-13-2004, 09:57 AM
All of the shows that I have seen have been families that really needed a new home - all types of circumstances.

star of light
12-13-2004, 10:51 AM
i love that show too i cry almost every time also

Laura's Babies
12-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Love that show and isn't Ty just the craziest guy you ever saw... How he does the web cam and shows them how they are distroying the house!! TO funny!!

carole
12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
It is screening here in NZ too, I love the show, and yes there are always tears in my eyes after each episode, just watched the one where the eight children lost both their parents within two weeks of one another, how awful, it was really great to watch, and WOW I love what they do , it must cost a small fortune though, even though nothing will bring back their parents, at least their lives will be easier and more pleasant, great show.:)