PDA

View Full Version : I won a small prize on the radio ......

carole
12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Today I rang the radio station as there was a prize up for grabs I wanted, a three month magazine subscription to our Womens Weekly, and a lucky scratchy ticket , which can have prizes from ten thousand to 100 thousand dollars, and I got through and I won it, yahoo.

It was nerve-racking though, as I thought it was just a phone in and win prize, but nope I had to work a little for the money, he had me and this guy on the other end, we have to answer five multi choice questions and we had to say either women or weekly for our buzzer, I was weekly, the guy always beat me because I allowed him to and he got it wrong, I guessed and got it right, I knew two of the other questions and got those, and then he answered one without saying women, which was his buzzer, so that was cheating, besides I knew the answer, what band was Geri Halliwell from, SPICE GIRLS of course, so I will have lots of nice reading to do with all the gossip next three months.:)

luckies4me
12-12-2004, 04:47 PM
YAY, congrats! I love winning things off the radio. I am always good at winning concert tickets. ;)

BCBlondie
12-12-2004, 05:04 PM
How fun! Congrats!!! :D You go girl!

slleipnir
12-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Congrats :D Sounds fun

carole
12-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Cass I have always been extremely lucky with radio comps, I stopped for a while as I felt guilty for winning so many prizes, so its been a while, but its such an adrenalin buzz for me lol.

slleipnir
12-12-2004, 05:26 PM
I always have no luck for that sort of thing! lol

GraciesMommy
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
How fun! Congrats!

captain
12-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Fantastic Carole!!!!
Happy reading and scratchin ....

carole
12-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Slleipnir sometimes I am so lucky with Radio comps, its uncanny, I once won 1100 dollars, that was my best prize ever, and I only had to be no. 9 caller through, and I nearly hung up, as it rang for so long, I assumed they would have gotten the caller, and it was the last chance to win, now I reckon thats pretty darn lucky, I don't have much winning luck in anything else though.;)

slleipnir
12-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by carole
Slleipnir sometimes I am so lucky with Radio comps, its uncanny, I once won 1100 dollars, that was my best prize ever, and I only had to be no. 9 caller through, and I nearly hung up, as it rang for so long, I assumed they would have gotten the caller, and it was the last chance to win, now I reckon thats pretty darn lucky, I don't have much winning luck in anything else though.;)

WOW that's awesome O_O I never win -anything- hahaha. I think I'm lucky in the sense I haven't gotten in a car accident or have many health problems like being really sick. Which is ok I guess...(watch me get really sick now haha) wouldn't mind winning even 20 bucks on lotto tickets htough ;)

carole
12-12-2004, 05:58 PM
If its any consolation I suck at Lotto, but I hardly ever take tickets, I get too disappointed, but i will get one for xmas.:)

cookieluver7
12-12-2004, 06:52 PM
How fun! congratulations! I love winning things!:D

KYS
12-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Congratulations!! It's not so easy to win something.
(at least for me) :)

Tonya
12-12-2004, 08:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I won those 2nd chance prom tickets on the radio last year. Other then that, I've never won anything.

flamepony12
12-12-2004, 08:35 PM
wow! cool! I've never even tried calling.... ;) :D

cloverfdx
12-13-2004, 06:35 AM
Wow congratulations, well done :).

I have won a few things on radio competitions one was to see some singing guy live in the radio station (It was so long ago i dont remember who the singer was :o).