PDA

View Full Version : What is the craziest thing your pet ever played with?

Eudora
07-13-2001, 09:21 AM
Well... I'm stealing another idea from the cast AGAIN!! (check out the Dog general to see) Anyway... pets have found some amazing ways to amuse themselves... just wnated to know what was the wackiest thing or game your pet ever came up with?
And please. this is not a place for brand new mommies to gush about how your puppy or kitten or whatever chases its tail or something like that!!

AdoreMyDogs
07-13-2001, 12:50 PM
Actually, if you want to put up a new post you should welcome with open arms anything that people have to write...that's just something that happens when people post...occationally it will get off subject, but who cares? There are no laws stating that you can only post if it's ON SUBJECT AT ALL TIMES! That actually could lead to a less then interesting site. What makes this site so intersting is that people can be themselves and brag about their puppies, even if it's something as silly as chasing their tails.

Daisy's Mom
07-14-2001, 12:36 AM
I love hearing new mommies gush! Hehe!

When Daisy was a puppy, we would constantly find her in the bathroom playing with - YUCK - the toilet brush! How gross is that!? We have no idea why she liked it but she preferred it over all her other toys. So for her first Christmas, I bought her her very own toilet brush and she adored it. Chewed it to shreds within a few months :)

Eudora
07-14-2001, 09:19 AM
Sorry... :( But I've been hearing my friend gush so much about how her terrapin can swim. Then when I say ALL terrapins can swim she will look at me like I just said I want to throw the terrapin out the window!! :eek: Anyway... this particular friend's terrapins play with their food and they just push it around for a few minutes and eat it just before it dissolves... kooky? I think so... :confused:

AdoreMyDogs
07-14-2001, 11:12 PM
What's a terrapin?

Eudora
07-16-2001, 08:44 AM
EEK! :eek: You don't know... guess they're like turtles, just a lot smaller and more colourful.

PetsRule
07-19-2001, 03:55 PM
My friend has to hang up a clean and empty soap bottle in her horse's stall and the horse hit it around with his head!!!!!! I thought that was very weird!!! Do you think this is weird???
I started giggling when she told me how her horse hit the bottle around!!! :D :D

horse_1987
07-19-2001, 07:49 PM
lol, my horse used to chew the wood on her stall. so we cleaned out a plastic bottle thing and filled it with molasses and poked holes in the bottom. She would play with it all the time even when it was empty hoping to get a treat. it was sooo cute ;)

Eudora
07-21-2001, 12:41 AM
LOL!! That's so cute! Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have changed my mail to [email protected] so e-mail me there OK?

Eudora
09-06-2001, 10:37 PM
I just got a Golden Retriever pup and this is so weird-she absolutely loves Oreos! She will play with a whole bag, not even eating any and getting the cream all over herself. we now put any oreos in the cupboards she can't reach- :)

dababy
09-22-2001, 01:03 PM
I had a cat a while back that we caught playing with a plastic milk ring. Ya know, the thing you peel off of a gallon milk jug? Well, it had fallen off the counter, and Snack (cute name huh? :D) had gotten a hold of it and would just toss it the air. It was hilarious! I took it away from it thought, he started to eat it. :rolleyes:

But sadly, I live on a busy street, and Snack got hit by a inconsiderate person. :(

[ September 22, 2001: Message edited by: dababy ]

aly
09-23-2001, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Daisy's Mom:
<STRONG> When Daisy was a puppy, we would constantly find her in the bathroom playing with - YUCK - the toilet brush! </STRONG>

Daisy girl, you never cease to make me laugh :)

Eudora
09-24-2001, 09:47 AM
Oh.. dababy, I'm sorry to hear about Snack. But the gallon milk jug ring was cute. In S'pore we don't have that.

dababy
09-24-2001, 07:49 PM
Thanks Eundora, he's missed.

By the way Aly, I love the patriotic pet photos! ;)

Eudora
09-26-2001, 08:55 AM
Yah, Aly... your pets look adorable... I wonder if I could do that with Cookie? Unfortunately we don't have bandanas with our flag on them over here. It's either the real big ones we hang up on National Day or the cheap plastic ones little kids wave at our National Day Parades.

Piggy
09-29-2001, 08:38 AM
I have a guinea pig who just loves to run around! But, his whiskers are so long they drag on the ground and pick up dust as he moves. We call him our Piggy duster. He also likes to take on new challenges, like jumping out of the tub! Or, tipping the garbage can. He chews of shoe laces Recently he chewed through our friends computer cords! Luckily is was unplugged! How do you piggy-proof a computer area. I don't want to completely exclude him from that room because that's where we spend a lot of our time. :confused:

Eudora
09-30-2001, 05:04 AM
Well-here's an idea... I spend a lot of time in the computer room, and Tanya loves to chew the wires so what I did was that my dad helped me make a casing for the wires out of stuff that Tanya can't chew through and also I taught her not to jump at the laptop. For a guinea pig I guess you could piggy-proof the wires and maybe make a playpen for her in that room so she won't get out? (just an idea)

abc ... i forgot the rest
09-30-2001, 10:16 AM
hi everyone,i am new here so anyone who is nice can e-mail me any time they want.i have a funky cat that is really frisky.he loves to play with anything.but he looooooves playing with rolled up balls of aluminum foil.and he likes to pretend that he can climb walls,he jumps and trys to skratch his way up. he never makes it though. is that not a goofy cat ??? :) :D ;) :rolleyes:

catwoman
10-02-2001, 05:24 PM
Hey abc,

Welcome to PetTalk! You will like it here. Your kitty sounds like quite a character!

Where are you from in Tennessee? I was born in Nashville, and lived in Kingsport (NE corner) for many years.

Dianne

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: catwoman ]

Buddy2101
10-06-2001, 02:08 AM
the weirdest thing my aniaml has ever played with was my pet squirrel Robie. He loved to sit there and rub his fingers threw my hair he would play with it for hours! It was very amusing. You would walk in and find a squirrel playing wiht my hair. LOL. The good days. I miss him so much.

:(

animal_luver
10-28-2001, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by horse_1987:
<STRONG>lol, my horse used to chew the wood on her stall. so we cleaned out a plastic bottle thing and filled it with molasses and poked holes in the bottom. She would play with it all the time even when it was empty hoping to get a treat. it was sooo cute ;)</STRONG>
Hey horse_1987, When I had my hourse she would do tricks for a carrot! She would stand on her hind legs cool ,a!

:cool:

Birdywoman
11-06-2001, 11:59 AM
my bird made a nest in my hair. It took me a hour to untangle.

Eudora
11-10-2001, 06:57 AM
Your bird made a nest in your hair? LOL! That's so cute! Although I don't know how you managed to untangle!

animal_luver
11-24-2001, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Birdywoman:
<STRONG>my bird made a nest in my hair. It took me a hour to untangle.</STRONG>

i think that it is really cool that your brids do stuff like that!! UI have 2 budgies they can say hi and boo and good night!!!

:cool: