PDA

View Full Version : Peek-a-Boo!

dannann
07-09-2000, 09:33 AM
My African Grey, Beaker, learned to say "Peek a boo!" in about 20 minutes. For whatever reason, she just loves the game. I will hide behind the throw pillows on the couch, then peek out and say "Peek a boo." Beaker will stretch out her neck trying to see me, then pull it back in like she's hiding.

Sometimes she'll initiate the game by ducking behind a toy on the top of her cage, then peeling out and saying "Peek a boo!" I'll answer back, and she'll repeat it several times.

Does anyone else have a pet that understands the concept of the game?

Nicholaslaw
07-14-2000, 10:54 AM
My two pet guinea pigs also love that game! I will take them out of their cage and put them in my room with boxes, tunels, ect. and they will run and "hide". When I find them they squeal loudly. Then it is my turn to hide. I hide in an obvious place. Then my guinea pigs sniff me out and gurgle and cuddle up with me. We usialy play this game for hours!!!

------------------

Jessica12345
12-31-2002, 01:42 PM
my bird also loves it! she is a black headed caique, and i jump up from behind her cage and say "peek a boo!" then she scrunches down like she is hiding and says "peek!" cauiques are not very good talkers, thats why she only says peek, but its so adorible!