PDA

View Full Version : Good by My Friend....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Tubby had a peaceful crossing to the Rainbow Bridge about 12:30 pm today, Saturday 12/11/04. He was doing soooo good, but Friday he started going downhill again. Took him to the emergency vet Friday night and the outlook wasn't good. He took blood, said Tubby was very anemic, took an x-ray, gave us some antibiotics and told us to go the regular vet on Saturday. Did that and the prognosis wasn’t good. His bone marrow had stopped producing red blood cells. The vet mentioned something about plasma cell tumor, which I have no idea what that is but there is no cure or nothing that can be done when they get this, especially at his age and with his kidney condition. His kidney levels were actually fine and the vet said that whatever this is that he had now, more than likely brought on the crises with the kidneys. Tubby lost almost one complete pound in the 3 weeks since they weighed him last, and his blood levels changed dramatically too, all for the worst.

We could have brought him home and watched him decline, which the vet thought would happen very quickly since no red blood cells were being made. He said any number of things could happen from him just dieing to seizures to who knows what, and there was no saying when this would all happen.

This is most certainly not what I was expecting since he had been doing so good, but we made the only decision there was to be made. Tubby led a good long life and I couldn’t see making him suffer through a long dragged out, possibly painful death. We came home without him.

I was holding him and telling him that I loved him, I would miss him and I would see him at the Rainbow Bridge. It was over so quickly I couldn’t believe it.

I still can’t believe it. My big boy is gone.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pf014d34603add3cea48b461f2a4abbd0/f477902f.jpg
Tubby
Spring 1986 – Dec. 11, 2004
....until we meet again big boy.

edit: some pictures on page 3

guineapiglover4life
12-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm SO sorry Debbie! I know how important Tubby was to you. R.I.P. Tubby. You will be greatly missed.

lynnestankard
12-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh Debbie - how terribly sad this is. {{{Hugs}}}} across the miles sweetheart. You must feel so bereft. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Crying as I type this.

Remember - another star shining in the heavens tonight.

RIP dear Tubster - playing at the RB waiting for Meowmie, Pawpaw and Mz Peanut. Go with love sweet furboy xxxxxx

Lynne

BastetsMum
12-11-2004, 05:37 PM
I am sitting here in my pj's have a good cry over your loss. I am so sorry. Sending Heartfelt hugs and a shoulder to cry on your way. Bastet sends nose rubs and headbumpies.

My sincerest condolensces.

guineapiggie13
12-11-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm so sorry. I'm sure he's at a good place now at the Rainbow Bridge, romping around with other kitty friends. I'll keep him in my thoughts. :( RIP Tubby...

Prairie Purrs
12-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I am so very sorry. I just don't know what to say.

QueenScoopalot
12-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Debbie I'm sooo sorry your precious Tubby is gone. :( It's never easy saying goodbye, but he did have many, many happy years with you, but it's still such a short time I'm sure. I've lost too many before their time, and many as elderly kitties in failing health, but it always is heartbreaking losing our beloved babies. :( I was so happy to hear, and see the pictures of Tubby feeling and looking good, but only God knows when it's time to call our kitty angels home. RIP sweet beloved Tubby, and Hugs Debbie for loving him so.

Cataholic
12-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh, NO! I am shocked, deeply saddened, and at a loss for words. I am so very sorry. RIP, dear sweet Tubby. You will be sorely missed. Hugs to you, Terry and Peanut.

slleipnir
12-11-2004, 05:44 PM
I wish I knew what to say to try and comfort you, but I don't. I'm soooo sorry :(

Tonya
12-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Debbie, I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say. We will all miss Tubby. Rest in Peace, Tubby.

CamCamPup33
12-11-2004, 05:49 PM
:( :(

Im am SO sorry, Debbie.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

R.I.P Tubby, you will be missed greatly.

Russian Blue
12-11-2004, 05:49 PM
I am sooo sorry Debbie for your loss. :( I haven't posted much at PT lately, but I have been lurking and reading about Tubby's progress.

I wish I could post more than words right now, they seem so insignificant. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP Tubby.
:(

zippy-kat
12-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Words simply can not express my sympathy. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Rest sweetly, dearest Tubby, rest sweetly.:(

Randi
12-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh Debbie, I can't express how sad I am that dear Tubby has gone. :( :( :( He was SO special!!

I know you have been preparing yourself for this for a long time, but it doesn't make it any easier. You gave him a wonderful life and you have done everything you could, to make it easy on him while he was growing older and getting weaker. I'm sure he felt your love for him, and is thankful for all you did, including your gentle goodbye. He had such a good life with you. :)

Rest in Peace, sweet Tubby boy. You were very loved and will never be forgotten.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Uabassoon
12-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Debbie I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. I feel bad because I wasn't really following his updates, I think because I wanted to believe everything was ok and if I didn't read up about him then everything would be fine. I was so shocked when I saw this thread. Tubby was an amazing kitty and he is going to be missed by so many people.

catnapper
12-11-2004, 05:58 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} Sweet Tubby we loved you too. I am absoultely stunned to hear this. I know he will be happy and waiting at the RB for you.

We will miss him, and we are here for you! Please give Peanut an extra kiss tonight as I'm sure she is missing him too.

:( :( :(

manda_moo87
12-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh Debbie... :( I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss of sweet Tubby. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

aly
12-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Debbie,

I am so saddened that you had to make that decision today. I know it is never easy. I am glad you can take comfort in the fact that he had a long, happy life.

My thoughts and prayers are with oyu during this time of your loss :(

Play happily at the brdige, Tubby, RIP.

Edwina's Secretary
12-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh Debbie....I am so sorry for your loss. Tubby was such a sweetheart.... I'm glad I got to meet him.

You, Terry, and Peanut are in my thoughts.....

Godspeed Tubby.......Godspeed.....

kuhio98
12-11-2004, 06:08 PM
:( Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. :( You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

If It Should Be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.
Then you must do what must be done
When this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad, I understand.
Selfishness might stay your hand.
But on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years
That what's to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer. So,
When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.
Only -- stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you, too, will see
It is a kindness that you do for me.
Although my tail it's last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you.
Who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years...
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author Unknown

Nomilynn
12-11-2004, 06:09 PM
omg.. Debbie.. I saw the thread in general and my heart just dropped..

RIP dear Tubby. You will make a beautiful Christmas angel.

Debbie - you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sirrahbed
12-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Debbie, I am so sorry to read that Tubby is gone:(

lizbud
12-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Debbie,

I am so very sorry.:( Be At Peace Sweet Tubby.:(

molucass
12-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm so sorry for loss. Tubby was a beautiful boy.

Rest in Peace dear Tubby.

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Oh Debbie and Terry!!!!

I am shocked and so so so very sorry.
I cannot find words to say.

If you need anything, anything at all.. PLEASE let me know.

Hugs to the both of you.. and again, i'm very, very sorry.

-Kay

davidpizzica
12-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh, Debbie I am at a loss for words! It is really rough to make that decision. Tubby was so precious to you. A year ago last august I had to make the same decision for my beloved Thai. I lost her at the age of 22. Take comfort in the fact that Tubby and Thai are at the Bridge playing together. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Debbie.

LoudLou
12-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Debbie, Terry & Peanut,

We are so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed to the Bridge beautiful Tubby! You will forever be in our hearts!

To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.
~Thomas Campbell, "Hallowed Ground"

rg_girlca
12-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh gosh, this was such a shocker to read. It was like the calm before the storm.

(((((HUGS))))) Debbie and Terry, I am so sorry for your loss.

Tubby lived a good long life with lots of love and care.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you both.

Rest in Peace sweet Tubby.

I hope and pray that you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together.

dukedogsmom
12-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I am so sorry this happened. Tubby, you're in a place where you feel no pain now. Enjoy the RB but please remember that your mom and family love you so much and won't forget you. You will be missed by all. The RB has a brighter sky tonight because you're their star.

jenluckenbach
12-11-2004, 07:04 PM
{{{{{{{{DEBBIE}}}}}}}}}}

I literally lost my breath when I saw the title in cat general. I raced here as fast as I could and read about dear sweet Tubby passing. I attempted to answer before the shock wore off and the tears began, but it was futile. I am so, so sorry for your loss. there are no words for a time like this, only thoughts of comfort knowing how wonderful and full Tubby's life was. He will never know how many people's lives he touched and how sorely he will be missed but he did know love and that is what it is all about.

Have a good cry Debbie knowing there are dozens of people crying right along with you.

prechrswife
12-11-2004, 07:11 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP, Tubby.:(

Uniqueviking
12-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Although words seem to say so little,
I hope they help in some small way
to ease the sense of loss
that you're experiencing today.

Hold fast to your memories
to all of the cherished moments
of the past,
to the blessings and the laugther,
the joys and the celebrations,
the sorrow and the tears.
They all add up to a treasure
of fond yesterdays
that you shared and spent together,
and they keep the one you loved
close to you in spirit and in thought.

The special moments
and memories in your life
will never change.
They will always be in your heart,
today and forevermore.

(Linda E. Knight)

I'm so sorry :( RIP sweet Tubby

Cincy'sMom
12-11-2004, 07:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the Dear Tubby is gone. May he rest in peace :(

Lacey
12-11-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm so sorry! Lots of love and prayers being sent your way! Sweet Tubby will be missed so much!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I was going to put together a memorial thread with how much he meant to me with some pictures through the years, but I just can't do it. I did gather the pictures though, so here you go. Imagestation is probably going to boot me after this, but I really don't care.

Christmas present (Dec. 1986)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p3ffb7f0a8c0fad89a3f5fcbf0fdc9169/f2a7cfea.jpg

On cabinet (1987 sometime)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pbb02159522c8bf1613da1760cd2a30a5/f2a7cf48.jpg

to Chicago – there was no way he was letting me move to Chicago without him (Feb. 1992)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p4255ee2f70963212488175f2628c4337/f2a7ce8c.jpg

watchcat (Oct. 1986)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pb9ffae92c0385cdda6ba4e8906481dfb/f2a7ce2c.jpg

curious in motorhome (summer 2002)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p9800a8bf71f2010ce47d9f6800728f38/f2a7ccca.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2004, 07:29 PM
in sun (Feb. 2003)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pbfd544b43e39ffab24a4eafa36cbdf0b/f2a7cabd.jpg

with slipper (winter 1986)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p96018c3b0c3f2cfb8fc8884701c58855/f2a7cb86.jpg

closeup1 (2004)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pdbbdafa60ed8a85ca50f8af8431d5627/f2a7c8b4.jpg

on yellow chair (approx 1990)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p9b1430717a938e5c0c82327303b24659/f2a7cab7.jpg

hiding under x-mas tree (Dec 2003)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pcca17dd3f8d94217647c57efd6a7c35d/f2a7ca21.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2004, 07:30 PM
snuggling with daddy (2000)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pe63d71e6302dcae6964758d82a27ebdf/f2a7c938.jpg

in sun 2 (2004)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pf7000d9ee4e2ceba0ee99d374caa00ce/f477902c.jpg

headbumpies (summer 2004)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/pd989cfdf8224317d783b7a624109f3d5/f778b522.jpg

camping (summer 2004)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pc77d9fc515afe519761d6290282f6ce3/f2a7c66c.jpg

xmas kisses (Nov 28, 2004)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pf7afecf6e659f79155fc0911ca584a14/f5f1b148.jpg

Cookiebaker
12-11-2004, 07:31 PM
I am so shocked and saddened at this news. :( I'm so sorry that I didn't even realize that he was sick.

I am so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet Tubby, you will be missed sorely.

{Hugs}

Kater
12-11-2004, 07:41 PM
My heart is breaking for you, Debbie. Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. :( We will all miss Tubby; he touched so many of our lives here on PT. Rest in peace always, Tubby.

I hope this poem will bring you a bit of comfort...

Look not where I was
For I am not there
My spirit is free
I am everywhere

In the air that you breathe
In the sounds that you hear
Don't cry for me Mom
My spirit is near

I'll watch for you
From the other side
I'll be the one running
New friends by my side

Smile at my memory
Remember in your heart
This isn't the end
It's a brand new start

By Carol Kufner

Christiansmommy
12-11-2004, 07:44 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))) to you and your husband. :(

slick
12-11-2004, 07:44 PM
:( :( :(
Debbie...I've been out all day doing volunteer work and just seeing this now. I can't tell you how hard I'm crying right now. Dear sweet little Tubster....he was doing so well. I guess his little body just couldn't take it anymore. Please, please call me if you want to talk. I'll be up for another 5 or so hours. I have to do volunteer work tomorrow as well but will be home in the evening after 6pm.

Tubby: you are still very special to me and I've saved all the videos that your Meowmie has posted. Rest easy little one. I look forward to meeting you when I get there someday. I'll always love you.

{{{{HUGS}}}} Debbie.
Much love
slick
xo

carole
12-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Debbie I was so sad to read about your precious furbaby Tubby, Tubby was a beautiful kitty, looks a lot like my lexie, even the same white chest dot, my heart goes out to you at this very sad time, and I wish you did not have to go through this awful pain, my sincere condolences to you and your husband, its been an honour and a pleasure to have known Tubby through PT.

Hugs to you all , and know we are thinking of you , and wanting to bring you as much comfort as we can.

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 07:53 PM
What sweet pictures, Debbie.
I love the one of him and Terry.
Please let him know that we're all thinking of him as well.

Jods
12-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Debbie,
I am terribly sorry for your loss... You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
12-11-2004, 08:11 PM

Dear Debbie and Terry ~

I offer my deepest sympathy.
Wish I could be there to give you both a heartfelt {{{hug}}}.

We've all been blessed by meeting and loving Tubby through your
posts - and we'll never forget him.
I'm sorry that I never purrsonally met him - I had hoped that we'd solve
that problem in the spring at Findlay - since he so enjoyed Trips
in the MotorHowze... a Trip to Findlay seemed a sure thing.
Not to be... :(

I've lost a few very Beloved FurKids over the years...
It isn't easy... a lot of tears are yet to be shed...
But what does help is to share the memories -
Remember the Good Times...
The Frisky Kitten;
The NawTee teenager;
The (sometimes) Loving Senior...
Tubby shared his life with you ~ Rejoice in those Memories.

{{{HUGS}}} to you, Deb; Terry; and Peanut.

With Love,
/s/ :( Phred

delidog
12-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Oh Debbie,
I am So sorry...
As you say he had a Wonderful Life!!!
Enjoying Life to the Ripe old age of 18!!!!
Good Boy,Tubby!!!!
And he got to see the country in Comfort w/You!!!!
What a Great Life Dear Tubby Lived....So many other kitties would be jealous!!!!!

I still know how difficult this is for you!!!!
You are in our thoughts & Prayers!!!!

Dearest Tubby!!!!!

Play Hard at the Rainbow Bridge,My Friend!!!!
You with the Beautiful Golden Eyes!!!!!

Ms. Puss will be there to meet you!!!!
And all my Kitties before her!!!
They will take care of you!!!

Godspeed,Dear Tubby!!!!

Hugs to you Debbie!!

catlover4ever
12-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Debbie, Terry and Peanut, I am so sorry. :( There is nothing else I can say that everyone else has not already said. Please know that you, Terry and Peanut are in my thoughts, prayers and my heart. --- Meg

Tubby may you rest in peace and may you play ever so hard over the Rainbow Bridge. Until you are reunited with your family, may you find the love from our family (Tony, Cleo and Tobias).

iloverat
12-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Dear Debbie,

I, like so many other PTers, am typing this through tears. I just signed on to take a quick scan of Cat General when I saw your thread. I couldn't believe it as Tubby had improved so much in the last weeks. Poor baby - his little body just wore out. He was loved so thoroughly by you, Terry, Peanut and legions more. You gave him the absolute best life any kitty could ever have and then you gave him the kindest, most loving send off. That was an extremely unselfish decision on your part as our first inclinations as pet parents would probably have been to run out the door of the vet's office, carrying our babies home with us for just a little more time with them. Instead, you did what was best for dear Tubby, saving him from any more pain, and taking the pain upon yourself as you drove home with empty arms. (((HUGS))) to you, Terry and a kiss to Miss Peanut. My heart breaks for your loss.

Take care --- Bobbi

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 08:33 PM
http://gratefulness.org/candles/view.cfm?id=489455&p=251&l=ENG&s=f&cid=489455

Felicia's Mom
12-11-2004, 08:34 PM
I am sorry for your loss. RIP Tubby.

Cinder & Smoke
12-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Donna, you are the first one to refer to Tubby as RB Tubby. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. <weak smile>

I was in the room with Tubby for awhile after he was "gone" and I finally composed myself and came out. The vet came and got Tubby and it was only left to pay the bill. As the girl handed me my receipt, she gave me a little card with a poem about RB on it. I thought I had it together until then. I started crying again and told her I knew about RB and I had told Tubby I would see him there. She was having a tough time with it all too, and when I told her that she broke down too.

And just so no one wonders, yes Terry was there too, although he couldn't be in the room. He was a total basket case - almost worse than me, so he waited in the lobby, which was fine with me. I wanted the time alone with Tubby. We were alone together when I first got him, and now we were alone together when he left.

trayi52
12-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Debbie, I am so sorry, I just don't know what to say. I thought he was getting better. This is just such a shock. All I know to do is say I am sorry and to just keep crying and to pray for you and Terry.

Rest in peace sweet boy, Tubby, May you play hard and be well at the bridge.

Willie:(

luckies4me
12-11-2004, 08:55 PM
I am crying now. I opened this thread and as soon as I did my whole body got chills. I am so sorry you had to make this decision Debbie. However I believe you did the right thing for your beautiful boy.

RIP Tubby. You were a very special cat and we all are going to miss you very much! :(

Freckles
12-11-2004, 08:56 PM
I know Tubby's health had been a concern, but it's still a shock to read this. Rest in peace, Tubby. :(

DJFyrewolf36
12-11-2004, 09:11 PM

I really am about to cry. I am really glad that you've given me the opportunity to get to know Tubby through PT.

*Hugs* for you. RIP Tubby

Craftlady
12-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a confort to know he isnt suffering anymore.

Corinna
12-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I have so many tears all I can do is {{{{{hug}}}}}

Vermontcat
12-11-2004, 09:37 PM
:( Oh Debbie, I'm so very sorry to hear this.:(
He was doing so much better, so this really comes as a shock.
I got your Christmas card yesterday and mailed a card in return today thinking that you'd be able to enjoy one more Christmas with him. Samantha even sent a special little note for Tubby.
It really hurts to read this thread, Samantha and I feel your pain.:(
Hugs to you Debbie, and more hugs for Terry and Peanut too.
Good-bye sweet Tubby.:(

CalliesMom
12-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I am so sorry for Tubby's passage but feel comfort in the fact that you both had a wonderful bond in this life and will meet again.

rg_girlca
12-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Quoted by T & P's mom
We were alone together when I first got him, and now we were alone together when he left.

This is just so precious.

All of PT share your grief and are crying right along with you Debbie and Terry.

Laura's Babies
12-11-2004, 10:07 PM
My heart is breaking! I never expected this.. I have been gone and did not realize he was even sick.. I am SO sorry. I am so stunned and had to wait until I got over crying, then I made this for you in hopes it may make this horriably sad day, just a little more bearable for you. RIP Tubby baby, we will all miss you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Tubbysmemorial.jpg

slick
12-11-2004, 10:13 PM
LB:
That's such a beautiful picture. :( :( Such a sad day at Pet Talk.

Karen
12-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Rest in peace, dear sweet Tubby.
Your days on this earth were long in number and in love, and you will be missed by Peanut, your people, and all of us at Pet Talk.

One more black cat angel. Say hello to Lucas for me, okay? He's a big black guy like yourself, just fluffier.

Grace
12-11-2004, 10:20 PM
I am so very sorry.

Craftlady
12-11-2004, 10:48 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby.

wolf_Q
12-11-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Tubby's passing. :( There are so many precious PT pets at the RB together this year. Tubby was loved and will be missed by many. {{{HUGS}}}

GoldenRetrLuver
12-11-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm so sorry. :( I don't know what to say.

Have fun at The Rainbow Bridge, Tubby. Look for my Babsy girl up there. She's a big, gorgeous black kitty just like you. She'll show you around. You will be greatly missed..

I will be keeping you in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

karyn674
12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Had a good cry and now all that I can say is that I am so sorry.

At least please bear in mind that sweet Tubby will suffer no longer, no more pain and no more vets just playing happilly over the RB. Its those who are left behind that suffer, like you Debbie, Terry and Peanut {{{{Hugs}}}} to you all

lovemyshiba
12-11-2004, 11:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Tubby's passing Debbie.
I know he had a wonderful life, your stories and pictures tell us all that.

I know he's looking down on you tonight, he's your angel forever, until you meet again.

Rest In Peace, Dear Tubby.

kimlovescats
12-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Oh Debbie!!!! :( :( :( What a horrible shock .... I guess he was just trying to give you some wonderful last days together, before he said goodbye. Oh my heart is breaking with you, Debbie. I know how deeply you love Tubby, and we all here have grown to love him as well. I don't what to say, except I am so very sorry ... and I do understand your loss, and pray that God will comfort you and Terry during this time of grieving. :( :(

(((Hugs))) and tears my friend,

Kim

nibblets
12-12-2004, 12:06 AM
I am so very sorry, my heart goes out to you, your husband, and Peanut.

Tubby's photo is absolutely beautiful!

popcornbird
12-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Oh my gosh...:(:( I'm sitting here in total shock, with tears in my eyes, not believing the news. Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your precious Tubby's passing. :( I'm really at a total loss for words right now, but please know that we're all here for you during this difficult time. Tubby lived a wonderful, long life for a great number of years with your family. I hope the memories you have of sweet Tubby will bring you comfort, and help wipe your tears dry.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you, Debbie.

RIP Sweet Tubby. You were a gem in this world and will be missed tremendously by all of us.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/popcornbird/Untitled-6copy.jpg

tomkatzid
12-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Debbie, you and tubby are in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time....play with our cats leroy and tiger at the rainbow bridge tubbers.....tom and katz

Barbara
12-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Oh no!
Karen and I had been talking about how happy we are that Tubby is better.

This is heartbreaking.

I know that there will be a time where you can appreciate the long and happy life Tubby had, but right now---- I cannot imagine how it feels that he's not there.

My condolences to Terry and you and sweet Peanut.

And Tubby: play at Rainbow Bridge, with your healthy joints and your shiny fur, being the cutest black catman ever
:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Debbie, I am trying to type through the tears. Tubby was, and always will be, such a precious part of Pet Talk. What a blessing that you shared so many wonderful years together.

Play well at the Bridge, darling Tubby, and keep watch over you r Mom and Dad and Peanut, okay?

(((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-12-2004, 03:30 AM
OH no, Debbie... . Iwas so happy that Tubby was better. And now, he is gone already :( :( What a terrible shock...8 Only yesterday I showed the pic of Tubby & Peanut on your X-mas card to my husband... : he said that both cats are such beauties!!

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20569%20tombstone.gif dear Tubby!!

A new black angel arrived at the Rainbow Bridge...!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20633%20rainbowbridge.GIF

BCBlondie
12-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Words simply can not express my sympathy. I'm so sorry for your loss!
Ditto.. :(

I'm so sorry...:( :( I don't know what to say...
Rest in peace, dear Tubby.

ChrisH
12-12-2004, 05:23 AM
Oh, Debbie .. just logged in to PT to have a quick scan through and when I saw the title of the thread my heart flipped over. :( In tears now all I can think to say is I am so, so, sorry for the loss of your precious boy.
Sending love and the biggest of hugs to you, Terry and Peanut.

Rest in Peace dearest Mr Tubby.

Chris

Kirsten
12-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Oh Debbie, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes as I'm reading about your loss, looking at all the pictures you've posted! :(

We were all so happy that he was doing better, and now we have to learn that his time had come to go to the Bridge...

It's so hard to believe he's no longer with us...

R.I.P., sweet Tubby!

Kirsten

lbaker
12-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Gone from your arms maybe, but never from your heart. He was a good, strong boy and loved you. Sometimes you wish you could be numb, instead of the ache you are feeling inside - I know. I'm so terribly sorry to hear of this Debbie. :(

anna_66
12-12-2004, 07:14 AM
When I seen your thread in general, my heart just dropped.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Tubby. Like some of the others, I didn't even know about him being sick. I'm so sorry to hear this.
I had no idea how old he was, he sure didn't look his age at all.
Even though a lifetime couldn't be long enough, I'm sure he had a wonderful 18 years with you.

I know how hard it is to loose a furkid that has been with you so long. Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you, Terry and Peanut.

Take care my friend, and if there is anything at all you need please don't hesitate to ask.

Anna, Mark, Roxey, Huney & Bon

R.I.P. Tubby

DogLover9501
12-12-2004, 09:11 AM
I was shocked when I seen this thread :( I'm at a real loss for words, so I will just send you a big {{{{{HUG}}}} for now.

RIP Tubby :(

neko1
12-12-2004, 09:11 AM
I am so saddened to hear of Tubby's passing.

RIP Sweet Tubby:(

Samantha Puppy
12-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Ohhh... I'm so sorry to hear that... But Tubby is out of pain and in peace now, so it was the best decision. I'm so sorry you had to make it, at all but especially at this time of year, but you did the right thing.

RIP Tubby, you will be missed. :(

Laura's Babies
12-12-2004, 10:09 AM
I made this larger (now maybe to large) and added some pictures to it for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Tubbysmemorial2.jpg

Lady's Human
12-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Sorry for your loss.

RIP, Tubby, and Lucas, play NICE with him the the RB

AbbyMom
12-12-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm so sorry. RIP Tubby. Wait for meowmie at the bridge.

Traice
12-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Dear Debbie, I am so very very sorry! I hope you and Terry find some peace in the fact that you allowed your sweet Tubby to pass over to the Rainbow Bridge in peace and comfort.

RedHedd
12-12-2004, 11:15 AM
OMG! I'm in shock. Was offline most of yesterday with Xmas stuff and didn't get online until this morning and had no idea until I got your PM that something had happened.

I'm SO sorry for your loss. It's the hardest decision a pet parent has to make and I know you did the right thing by Tubby.

Play hard at the RB sweet Tubby. Please give my RB Goldie a head bumpie and even a lick if she'll tolerate it.

gini
12-12-2004, 11:16 AM
I have asked Dutchess, Sugar, Magic and Patches to be sure to welcome Tubby at the Rainbow Bridge. I know they will take good care of him and make sure he gets to know everyone.

Tubby is well again............he is happy............look, I think he is chasing a butterfly.......but he stopped and looked back..........and is remembering how much you loved him and what a lucky cat he was to have had you as a Mom.

He misses you and loves you terribly.........and will wait for you to join him one day.

Vio&Juni
12-12-2004, 11:36 AM
How sad! My favourite black boy is gone :( And I was just thinking these days how great it is that he is better.

rosethecopycat
12-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh, I thought he was doing so good. It is a terrible rollercoaster to be on.

We don't have to explain to you that it was the kind thing to do for him, you already know. We don't need to explain he'll be there waiting for you, you already know. We know that the pain doesn't go away knowing these things too.

He had a very good life with you. Long and happy.

Literal tears falling here, for a fellow I never met.

Candles lit over Florida tonight, to light his journey.

Godspeed to the bridge, Tubby.

catmandu
12-12-2004, 12:31 PM
We are so sorry,to hear about Our Friend Tubby,and The Pet talker angel,this week,in Jerusalem,have found Cat,and are giving him a dinner,at Hyatt Jerusalem.We,know,how much,this hurts,as I am still not over the loss,of BJ.Gary,and The Sad Found Cats.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Oh, I can't believe this!
Sorry is such an inadequate word. I'm just heart broken and sick.
Tubby was one of my favorites on PT.

I'm glad you got to have some quality time with him before you had to let him go.

Sweet Pal Tubby: you are going to be SO missed here!
My Leroy will show you around the Rainbow Bridge and keep you company if you want. I won't say good by sweet pal, just see you later!

Killearn Kitties
12-12-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm so, so sorry Debbie. It's hard to believe right now. Only yesterday, Barbara and I were saying how happy we were that Tubby had rallied. Others had met Tubby, of course, but those of us who hadn't felt that we knew him through your loving posts and photographs, and we are grieving with you now.

Tubby had a great life and you were there with him helping him until the end. Please watch over your mum for us, Tubby. She still needs you.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

tatsxxx11
12-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Oh Debbie:( I'm so sorry:( I went numb when I read the thread title. I can't believe he's gone. As has been said, Tubby was a Pet Talk institution and I don't remember Pet Talk without him:( Tubby had a great life; a long and happy one filled with love that's for sure. But still, it's the hardest thing, letting go:( I know my Fritz, Chessa, Tuna and Lizzie are all welcoming him with open paws. My most heartfelt sympathies to you and your family Debbie. Me and the boys will be lighting a candle tonight in honor of our beloved Tubby. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Tubby, sweetheart, we sure are going to miss you here on Pet Talk. What a special kitty you were and your passing has left an empty place in our hearts. But you scamper and romp, healthy and whole again now with all of our beloved furangels there at the Rainbow Bridge. And wait patiently there for your mom and family until that happy day, when you are all together once more. Love to you sweet, sweet boy. Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

AmberLee
12-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Oh Debbie!

I'm in shock.

Rest in peace, dear Tubby. Frolic happily at the Bridge and rejoice in the love you have brought us.

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Debbie, I'm so very sorry for your loss.:( I wish I could say something that would make you feel better but I can't. Tubby will be terribly missed and never forgotten. RIP sweet Tubby. Please take care Debbie. {{{HUGS}}}

Glacier
12-12-2004, 03:23 PM
My sympathies. Godspeed Tubby.

AlleyCat
12-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh Debbie!
I am SO SORRY to hear of Tubby's passing. He'll play at the Rainbow Bridge now, and hopefully he'll find my Rascal who had the same CRF as Tubby. Rest assured, Tubby knows how much you love him !!! I have tears in my eyes as I write this ...
Andrea

luvofallhorses
12-12-2004, 03:46 PM
I am really sorry for your loss of Tubby:( :( :( ((((hugs))))) RIP sweet Tubby

lizzielou742
12-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Debbie,

I am so sorry to read this. It breaks my heart. You know all of us are always here for you whenever you need it. You should know you made the right decision - I would have done the same thing. {{hugs}} to you and kissies to Peanut.

Rest well, sweet Tubby man. :( :( :(

You'll be in my thoughts.
Liz

RobiLee
12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Debbie, I am so sorry for your loss. I was so shocked and saddened when I read this. You and Terry will be in my thoughts. Hugs for you both.

Rest In Peace, Sweet Tubby.

Kona & Oreo's mom
12-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear of Tubby's passing. My prayers will be with you, Terry, and Peanut.
With sympathy,
Andrea

captain
12-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh Debbie,
My heart goes out to you.
{{{hugs}}} across the miles ...........

Love always
Michelle

catcrazylady
12-12-2004, 06:26 PM
There simply are no words that can express how deep my sorrow goes. What a tremendous hole there will be without the sweet Tubster.
Through the tears I realized something Debbie. Look at how many people have responded to your loss. Right now it's seven pages of out pouring love and tears for one precious black kitty that we all came to know and love. You and Tubby have touched so many. There simply is no better tribute to such a wonderful boy.
GodSpeed sweet Tubby.
Prayers for you and Terry that your healing will begin and you will always have only the fondest of memories to carry with you. I can't wait to meet Tubby someday.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you all and may God Bless you.

tomkatzid
12-12-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm so so sorry to hear about Tubby. We have cried many times today with this sad news. I too am at a loss of comforting words. I can only say that I'm glad he had your family as his.
RIP Tubby Boy.
Katz

christa
12-12-2004, 08:45 PM
I haven't been on PT all weekend so I'm in shock to hear this news . . . I am so sorry. I know how much you loved him & how much you'll always love him! He was a special boy!

Be thankful for the extra few weeks that you had with him. It was almost as if he was giving you time to let him go.

{{{Hugs}}} & prayers to you . . .

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Thank you all so much.

We had to head to my parents' today for an early Christmas. We were supposed to go yesterday when the whole family was there, but needless to say we didn't make it. Peanut was home alone today for 12 hours - completely alone for the first time in her life. She was so happy to see us when we got home, and is laying here under her little "heat lamp" as I type this. I think she must realize by now that Tubby is gone. I don't know how much it bothers her because they were never really close, but as long as I've had her, Tubby has been here. She essentially knows no life without him, so even though they weren't close, she has to miss him. Since she, also, is getting up there in years, and you hear so often about one going so soon after the other, that we will be watching her like a hawk to make sure she's ok.

Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts, poems and pictures. As for the pictures, please do not feel offended if I don't use them in my signature. Like I said in Donna's post, I'm not quite ready yet to start referring to him as "My RB Tubby." He is my Tubby, my big black boy. They say as long as you have the memories he's not really gone, so to me, he's not. I can't touch him or pet him or hear his purr or feel his weight as he snuggles with me, but he has not left my side.

There are so many other individual things that I want to reply to, and PM's that I need to reply to, but you must all forgive me if I sign off for the night. I didn't sleep well last night and it has been a long day, so I think I will go snuggle with my little Peanut girl for awhile. I think we both might need it.

rizzy
12-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace sweet Tubby. :(:({{{hugs}}} Good luck with everything.

slick
12-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Debbie...I got your email and I totally understand. You know that I'll always be here if/when you need me.
This Christmas will be very difficult for you, Terry and Peanut. I'm sending {{{HUGS}}}} to all of you.

luv
slick
xoxo

lisalee
12-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Debbie, I'm so very sorry. My heart breaks for you and I know how awfully hard it must be for you. But please remember Tubby is always with you. He has no more pain or discomfort. I will say a prayer for you at this difficult time.

kimlovescats
12-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Debbie, it takes quite a while for it to truly sink in ..... please take all the time you need. We will be here for you whenever you need, and whenever you are comfortable being here full-time again. We all love you very much, and share in your pain and sorrow. I still grieve terribly for my Tucker Man .... and I only had him for 2 short years!:(

(((HUGS)))
Kim

shais_mom
12-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Oh Debbie I am so sorry - My heart breaks for all of you.
{{hugs}}

koxka
12-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Is sad to heard that sweet Tubby is not longer with us.:(
He was one blessed kitty that knew nothing but care and love.
We got knew him through your wonderful post .How strange is that we love them even if we haven't met them in real life. We are going to miss him, his antics and sweet self.
You two made a terrific team.:)

I agree with you. Time to celebrate the life you have had together, long eighteen years, filled with each others love and companionship untill you meet again.

See you later Tubby man! Romp happily on the RB !

cubby31682
12-13-2004, 06:24 AM
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this.. I don't really know what to say. I will be thinking about you, peanut, and Terry.

sasvermont
12-13-2004, 07:23 AM
Rest in Peace sweet boy Tubby. My heart is broken. I cannot even post here without crying. You did the right thing Deb, by letting him go. He is with all of his Pet Talk buddies now. RIP. I cannot stop crying.......

SAS

Logan
12-13-2004, 07:24 AM
I'm so sorry. :( Thank goodness, one of our good friends had the foresight to send me an email letting me know about this. Unfortunately, I didn't even see that until this morning.

Debbie, you know how much your sweet kitties have stolen all of our hearts. The loss of Tubby is devastating for us, and I can't imagine how you and Terry are feeling right now. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both, and with Peanut. I hope that she is doing fine. I'm glad she is there with you. I know how much it helped Helen and me to have our other pets when we lost our Kaycee.

With much love and sadness for you all,
Logan, Mimi and Butter

Lillycat
12-13-2004, 07:26 AM
oh debbie.......i am soooo sorry......loves to you and your tubby. lilly

ramanth
12-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Oh Debbie... :( :(

This is not the kind of news I was expecting to see this morning. :( :(

I am so sorry. Tubby was such a sweet boy. I'm so honored that I had a chance to meet him and his sister Peanut.

We'll miss you big boy. Find those catnip fields over the Bridge. Sable, Nike, and Chance will show you the way.

*cries*

*HUGS* to you, Terry, and Peanut.

Miranda_Rae
12-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Oh, I am so sorry. :( :( I just don't know what to say. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. I will keep you in my prayers. Peanut is running around at the RB now with all the catnip he could want. :) {{{HUGS}}}

smokey the elder
12-13-2004, 08:51 AM
I am SO SORRY about Tubby! He was such a Pet Talk standard, being the chiefest among all the black cats here, with all his antics and his star quality. Now he is a different kind of star, and will shine in your heart.

{{{{HUGZ}}}} to you and Terry. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge. Go find Smokey and see if she'll share her shoestring with you.

pitc9
12-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Debbie, I am sorry for your loss:(

Play hard Tubby!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Thank you again everyone. This morning was very difficult having to get ready for work with no "help" from Tubby. I know I did the right thing, but I miss him so bad. Peanut is a great comfort, but she is not a snuggler like he was. Whenever I was having a bad day I knew I could count on Tubby to snuggle up with to make me feel better. I need him more than ever right now.

slick
12-13-2004, 09:52 AM
He is still with you Debbie. I know that he comes to you and Terry in the middle of the night and softly purrs in your ear just to let you know that he's doing OK.

Cataholic
12-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Debbie,
I just had to come here again to read the posts. It is undoubtful that Tubby was a much loved member of our community, and of your lives. I am thinking of you three, and keeping you in my prayers. May the memories of that lovable boy keep you going.

Johanna

catmandu
12-13-2004, 10:12 AM
I have,it on Good Authority,that Tubby,has made it all right,to Jerusalem,where The Pet Talker angels,are vacationing,and that he is now an Official Pet Tlaker Angel,and has his wings.I was looking,at the Photos,of Tubby,and his history,with you,and he was such,a Very GOOD COMPANION,for all those years,and is so sadly missed.:( :( :( :( :(

NoahsMommy
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Debbie,
I don't know what to say other than that my heart is aching for you and my face is covered in tears of sadness. :(

Honey, I'm so sorry. This is a horrible, horrible loss. I agree with whomever said Tubby was a HUGE part of PT and our special black kitties.

I haven't felt such a loss since our dear Sophie. I can't imagine how you feel, honey.

Please take care. :(

Love, Kelly

Kirsten
12-13-2004, 11:41 AM
I need him more than ever right now.

I know this feeling so well... I felt that way when I lost my Katz.

You're in my thoughts.

Kirsten

karyn674
12-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi Debbie,

I've been coming back to this thread twice daily to see how things are going. A loss is always difficult to accept and it's so hard to let go, especially if, as you say Tubby used to confort you.
I can only suggest you one thing, start thinking about getting a new fur baby, not to replace Tubby, that will never happen, just because you all need a lot of tenderness a kitten may bring. Just don't waste you love in vain, use it. This way Tubby will be much happier seeing you all in abetter shape.

Take care

Karenxx

Fett
12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
R.I.P. Tubby. :(

NKBurlington
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh no! He was doing so well.

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I'm very, very sorry for the loss of your big boy, Tubby.

My thoughts are with you.

catfamily
12-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Debbie
I am so saddened at Tubby's passing.I'm so sorry Debbie.This is so unexpected,since I haven't been on Pettalk for a few days.I'm tearing up over this but I know this was his time to go.I just don't know what else to say except he was so loved by you.He was so grateful to have you in his life.You were the best mom to him.I know how much you'll miss him but he's resting now and watching over you.

emily_the_spoiled
12-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Dear Debbie

I saw the title of this thread this morning at work and knew that I could not read it without breaking down in tears. I am now at home with tears streaming down my face for your loss.

Tubby was well loved not only by you, but by the people here at PT. May you find some solace with Peanut, Terry, and the knowledge that Tubby is now running around at the RB just waiting for you.

Cheryl

jazzcat
12-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Rest in Peace Tubby.

You will be missed sweet boy.

leslie
12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Tubby is not in any discomfort now. You will meet again for sure. I am so sorry for your loss, we will all miss Tubby and all your stories! They don't have to stop yet! Please know that all is ok.

Barbara
12-14-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm also coming back so often! It will take time, time. And he never will be gone forever because there will be so many moments when you just look at one of his places and expect for a second to see him there . :(

We know we can't fill the gap but we're here for you.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Thank you all again. When I woke up this morning I thought it was going to be a better day, but it's not. He wasn't underfoot in the bathroom while I was getting ready. He wasn't begging for his morning treats, he wasn't there for his morning skritchies - those morning skritchies were always the best - he wasn't there to watch me get dressed, I didn't get any welcoming mrrt's when I entered a room where he was.

I have never lost anyone as close to me as he was that was such a big part of my daily routine. I've lost friends and family, but I didn't see them all that much so it didn't make that much of an impact on my daily life. But Tubby, as usual, he's a whole other story. He was always the type that had to be right in the middle of everything. He was a total attention monger and would follow me everywhere I went. I often called him my velcro kitty because I just couldn't detach him from me - especially after we'd get back from a vacation or something. Then there was no getting away from him. ;)

But like I was saying, he was always such a big presence in the house, and now he's gone and the house seems so empty and quiet. Peanut is becoming more of a snuggle bunny. I don't know if it's because she misses the attention from him, or if she's just glad because she doesn't have to compete with him for our attention anymore. ;) She has also become much more vocal and will walk around the house meowing. I think she is wondering where he is and why he doesn't answer. If he was laying in the living room, and she came down the steps, he would mrrt at her a few times, just to say hi. And even though she would swat him when he licked her, I think she is missing that attention as well.

Anyway, the stupid phone is ringing so I guess I better get to work. How am I supposed to work and don't these people understand that I could really care less about their electricity being out?! I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since the beginning of the "crisis" 3 weeks ago. I try and distract myself and it doesn't work.

I miss him so much. When does it start getting easier? :(

lbaker
12-14-2004, 10:00 AM
It not so much that it ever gets easier Debbie, it's more like you find yourself getting stronger - and able to cope with it... although it doesn't seem like it now. Such a huge whole in your life and I'm so very sorry you have to go through it. :(

Samantha Puppy
12-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Not for a little while. Keep on mourning as long as you see fit. Little by little, it will become a touch easier to distract yourself and every day from there on out will be a little better. You'll never forget him, you'll never stop missing him, but the pain dims and you are able to remember all the wonderful things and not concentrate on the last three weeks or the fact that he's not there.

It will get better, I promise. Just go slowly.

Cincy'sMom
12-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Just wanted you to know we are still thinking of you and feeling your loss. Unfortunately, only time will make it easier.

chrangharris
12-14-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.

wolflady
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
{{{{Debbie}}}}
I can't believe I just found this. I'm so sorry to hear about Tubby. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, because it's not easy to lose a beloved family member like Tubby. Reading about how Peanut is going around meowing brought a tear to my eye. I think cats miss their "siblings" and don't know where they've gone or why. Hug her tightly and let her know that her "big" brother is now an angel looking over your family. :)

*****hugs*****
Karen

slick
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Debbie....I was just getting ready for work and Max kept getting under foot and meowing constantly for his morning tummy rub and all I could think of was you and Tubby. I admire you so much and you are a much stronger purrson than I'll ever be. When the time comes for Speckles I think I will have to take some time off work.

{{{HUGS}}} It's been said before but in time the pain will ease up.

Much love
slick
xo

RedHedd
12-14-2004, 11:10 AM
It does take time. There are days, even now, when I miss Goldie coming to "help" me dry my hair, which was her "job" the last few years of her life. It does get easier with time, but we never forget our furry friends who have gone over the bridge.

krazyaboutkatz
12-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Debbie, I agree with the others in that it does take time to heal. It may even take years. I know that I still think about my Pepper daily and still get tears in my eyes if I think about him too much. I don't think that we ever get over our loss but we do get stronger emotionally. The best thing that helped me was to let 2 more cats into my life. I know this isn't the right thing for everyone but it really helps to start being able to love another kitty even though you know in your heart that the kitty you lost can never be replaced. Please take care. Things will get better. {{{HUGS}}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
The best thing that helped me was to let 2 more cats into my life.

Someone else mentioned this and I was going to reply to them, but forgot, so here goes. There is no doubt in my mind that I will get another kitty, and I think I've even got Terry somewhat convinced I'll need 2. ;) The reason behind that is because I'm not sure how Peanut will take to another kitty, seeing as how she is such a queenie and all. And more importantly, no matter what kitty I get it will be younger than she is, and will more than likely want to play more, so to keep new kitty from terrorizing Peanut too much, he/she will need a playmate. I would really like to adopt 2 together - you know, you see them and hear about them all the time how they've been together since they were babies and the shelter really doesn't want to split them up.

However, it's still too early for that, and the way I know that is because I was looking through petfinder yesterday and none of the kitties were good enough. There were some that looked like real sweethearts and even a black duo, 6 years old I think they were. But what I was looking for was Tubby. I don't want another cat, I want Tubby back. I know that's not possible, and I know the day will come when I'm ready for one (hopefully 2) more, but not just yet I guess....unless someone can bring Tubby back for me.....please? <weak smile>

catfamily
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
My Marshall and Tucker are great together.No more upsets from the older boys and girls.They totally leave them alone.When I just had Marshall..the whole house was upset at him bugging everyone.All he needed was another playmate.So your right on that one Debbie.I really am so sorry for your greatest loss right now.I'm so attached to BooBoos it will be just as hard when his day comes..soon.
He follows me everywhere too.Constant snuggler like your Tubby,and talks all the time to me.I hope things look better with some new cats coming in.

smokey the elder
12-14-2004, 12:37 PM
When it's time for you to welcome another furbaby(ies) you will know. As a rescuer I see it a lot; someone lost their cat of many years and they're "just looking." Every once in a while some cat ends up being a "special delivery" for them. I think the RB cat pointed out the selection.

{{{Hugz}}} again, and give Peanut some extra lovin's.

Cinder & Smoke
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
;)

... There is no doubt -
and I think I've even got Terry somewhat convinced I'll need 2. ;)

... I would really like to adopt 2 together -
... they've been together since they were babies and
the shelter really doesn't want to split them up.

This *need* has Lucky & Louie written all over it!! :D

And they're not Tubby BLACK - so you'd never be accused of
trying to replace your First :) Love - Tubby.

Luck & Louie - "Available" >>>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/LL.jpg

Take all the time you need to Deb,
but I think I head Tubby say "Mrrrrt!" when he saw the L&L Portrait!

{{{HUGGS}}}

/s/ Phred

lynnestankard
12-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Debbie I keep returning - I can't seem to keep away. And each time - it hurts. I know it's nothing compared to your pain - but just so you know - you're not alone in this - we're all here with you. Trying to support you somehow...................................... anyhow.
I'm sure Peanut is asking you where Tubby is - it's been proved cats do mourn. As silly as it sounds - tell her whats happened and yes, she will need more cuddles and assurances. A big part of her life is missing too. Mourn the Tubster together Debbie - tears soften cat fur xxxxx

Love Lynne xxx

catland
12-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Debbie - I'm so sorry that I didn't see this sooner. Rest in peace dear Tubby.

As much as I know what you are going through, I also know that it doesn't make it any better. It can be almost an overwhelming feeling of sadness and grief.

All I do know is that it will get better over time. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually. Then you'll be able to remember the good times with Tubby without feeling overwhelmed by sorrow.

We'll miss you Tubby.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I'm sure Peanut is asking you where Tubby is - it's been proved cats do mourn. As silly as it sounds - tell her whats happened and yes, she will need more cuddles and assurances. A big part of her life is missing too. Mourn the Tubster together Debbie - tears soften cat fur xxxxx

Love Lynne xxx

Thanks Lynne. Last night Terry wasn't around so Peanut and I had a good snuggle session. I told her all what happened to Tubby and told her he won't be coming home, but that he is still looking out for her, and if she feels something licking on her when nobody is around - it's Tubby. After I got done telling her all about it, she stayed for about 5 minutes - without me petting her which is unusual because she will normally leave as soon as you stop petting her - but anyway, she stayed for about 5 minutes, sitting quietly, seeming to contemplate what I was saying. Then she looked up at me, gave me one of her tiny little squeak meows and jumped up to be under her "heat lamp." I could swear she understood what I was saying, but then later she was wandering the house meowing, so I don't think it sunk in.

I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but it does seem like she needs more attention now. I also noticed this when Tubby was really sick with the first "crisis." She seeks us out and will jump in our laps, which she very rarely ever did before. I don't know if it's because she is looking for more attention, or if it's because our laps are emptier. Tubby was always dominant and she would never jump up when he was there, so maybe it's just that he's not there to intimidate her anymore. We have been paying extra attention to her because she seems to be looking for it - and because we need it.

gini
12-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Debbie, when I lost my calico, Patches, Rascal hadn't been on the scene too long.

Patches always slept on my extra chair in my office. Two weeks after her passing, Rascal came into the office and walked right up to the chair and put his paws on the edge, looking for her.

I was on the phone and I had to hang up because I just burst into tears.

Magic my beautiful black kitty like Tubby and Patches lived together. I wouldn't exactly say they got along because Patches was a little stinker and Magic would only take so much from her and then they would get into it. Right at that time is when Rascal showed up and Magic was already very ill.

After Magic went to the R/B, Patches and Rascal became fast buddies. Even in that short time they lived together, he really missed her.

I just have to feel that telling Peanut all that has transpired is a good thing.........do they understand..........I would like to think so.
But it probably helped you the most.

We are all thinking of you Debbie..........the feelings are just so raw right now and we understand.

slick
12-14-2004, 07:19 PM
but anyway, she stayed for about 5 minutes, sitting quietly, seeming to contemplate what I was saying. Then she looked up at me, gave me one of her tiny little squeak meows and jumped up to be under her "heat lamp." I could swear she understood what I was saying,
:( :( I'm really fighting back the tears. If I'm hurting like this I can only imagine how many more tears you have to cry before the pain stops. I'm positive she understands.

I'm sure learning alot from you Debbie. To be honest, I've never had to make "the decision" and when the time comes for Speckles (and I hope that isn't for a couple of years yet) I'll remember what you and other Pet Talkers went through and what they did to help them cope.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by slick

I'm sure learning alot from you Debbie. To be honest, I've never had to make "the decision" and when the time comes for Speckles (and I hope that isn't for a couple of years yet) I'll remember what you and other Pet Talkers went through and what they did to help them cope.

Slick, I sure hope that day doesn't come for a long long long time too. But I have to say that no matter how you prepare yourself, it's still going to hit you like a ton of bricks. I thought I had been preparing myself for the last 3 1/2 years - ever since I found out his kidneys were failing. I did the same like you and tried to learn from everyone here who lost a beloved pet. Ok, I have to admit that it does help somewhat, but having to deal day in and day out with not having him here is really hard - and that's what you can't prepare for. Even when he was sick I was worried and trying to prepare myself, but he was still here and I could still go down and snuggle with him, or smooch on him, so even that didn't help.

I know you are strong and you will make it through that awful day when you have to, just like I have to make it through this, but like I say, I sure hope that day doesn't come for a looooong time.

{{{hugs}}} to you because I know what you're going through too.

AvaJoy
12-14-2004, 08:09 PM
I haven't been able to keep up with the threads; only posting now and then about the P,C,DOTD as time permits.

Oddly, I must have miss-clicked and cat memorial came up, and here was the sad news about dear Tubby . . . oh, gosh, I'm so sorry to learn of Tubby's passing and want to express my heartfelt condolences to you, your husband and Peanut.

I'm sorry I have not been able to keep up with the threads or I would have known he was ill and been better prepared (who ever is??!!) when I saw this, but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am sure Tubby is looking down from RB with gratitude for having such a loving and devoted family, and is especially beholden to you for having shown the courage and strength to know when his time had come. [[[HUGS]]]

Your pictures of him are a beautiful tribute, and he reminds me of my TNR Jette, with the little white chest patch. RIP, beloved Tubby.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Terry just called and said the Vet's office called and Tubby's ashes are back. Terry is going to pick them up tomorrow and bring Tubby home. I'm glad they're back because now Tubby can still come on the trip with us. Some might think that is kind of morbid, but I would hate to leave him home all alone for two weeks....

Then sometime in spring I will take him up to my Mom's place in Wisconsin and spread him around in the woods behind her house. I never let him out without his leash, even though they're out in the country there because they live next to a busy highway, but he so loved it up there, out in the country, and in the woods, watching all the birds, squirrels and chipmunks. And then he can watch over Goofy too, so nothing bad happens to him since he is an outside only kitty.

This just makes it so final....not that it wasn't final before....:(

AmberLee
12-15-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm glad that Tubby's final resting place will be a family location that he's loved so in the past. The continuity sounds healing to me. May this help you heal, too.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

catfamily
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Tubby will thank you for this.The country is beautiful:D

slick
12-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Debbie, I'm trying so hard to stay strong for you but it's not working very well. I just read your last posting here and now I'm bawling like a baby.:( :( Taking Tubby on your roadtrip is not morbid at all. In fact I would love to see a picture of the urn containing his ashes. Others may find this extremely morbid; if so you can email it to me. His final resting place sounds so peaceful and I know he will be happy there.

iloverat
12-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Debbie,

I thought about you on Monday, guessing that you might be returning to work. It's so weird after you've experienced such a huge loss. To me, it was like, "My world's been turned upside down yet I'm supposed to keep making ths same phone calls, dealing with people as usual. Everybody else is going on as normal. How can that be?" :confused: I wondered if you were feeling anything like that. Coming back to this thread today and reading some of the later posts, it sounds like maybe you did. I'm so sorry for you. It is just so hard but as many have already said, it does eventually get a little easier. Take care -

Sending hugs and best wishes - Bobbi

RedHedd
12-15-2004, 05:54 PM
This just makes it so final....not that it wasn't final before....:( I know. When they handed me the box of Goldie's ashes I completely fell apart in the vet's office. Goldie now sits on the bookcase just above where I sit at the computer so she's always nearby.

Tubby's final resting place sounds wonderful.

Barbara
12-16-2004, 03:10 AM
I would like a place like Tubby's last place for myself- where he can just go back to nature and be part of its beauty.:)

He is no longer sick and no longer in pain. Which is different for his family. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Tubby is home. Terry picked him up this morning and brought him home.

Cataholic
12-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Oh, Debbie, I am just so sorry for your pain.

{{hugs}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Here's a picture of Tubby's temporary final resting spot and the little memorial I set up for him. I didn't order any special urn or anything because he's not going to be in it long. Like I mentioned before, come spring time I'm going to take him up to my Mom's in Wisconsin and spread his ashes in the woods behind her house. They have a mini cemetary in the woods for other pets we have lost over the years, and I will probably bury the "urn" there so he has a safe place to go if he wants to.

I got the kitty picture frame from Slick and the star card from K & L (thank you so much Lisa, it's a beautiful card). I'm hoping to get a better picture of Tubby in the picture frame, but this one worked in a pinch. I'm attaching so "sensitive" viewers don't need to look if they don't want to.

Oh, and the dried up rose that's laying there is from Terry's Mom's funeral, so I guess this was already our little memorial spot.

Tubby will get the morning and early afternoon sunshine on him, which he so loved.

Cinder & Smoke
12-16-2004, 09:05 PM

... come spring time I'm going to take him up to my Mom's
in Wisconsin and spread his ashes in the woods behind her house.
They have a mini cemetary in the woods for other pets
we have lost over the years,
and I will probably bury the "urn" there
so he has a safe place to go if he wants to.

{{{HUGS}}}, Deb and Terry!

A Rose, SunShine during the day,
and a RoadTrip to his ole Stompin Grounds...
What more could Tubby ask for.

(I hope the Line doesn't <ring> for a while...
I need to dry some tears.)

/s/ :( Phred

Cinder & Smoke
12-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Our own RICHARD has written a very moving Letter from a Pet ~

Debbie has seen it;
but Everyone should read it.

Please visit this thread in General >>>

"The Road To The Rainbow Bridge" by RICHARD (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66424)

WELL DONE, Richard; Well Done!!
;)

/s/ Phred

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Our own RICHARD has written a very moving Letter from a Pet ~

Debbie has seen it;
but Everyone should read it.

I think I need to print that out and have Terry read it.

slick
12-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
I need to dry some tears.
Oh God.....so do I.......:( :(

Laura's Babies
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Could it be that Peanut needing more loving and comforting, is because she knows her Meowmie is grieving and she is comforting YOU? They are SO sensitive that they know when we are emotionally hurting and they are there to comfort US. I am sure she misses him and I think the both of you are comforting each other...

I do find that the Lord has a plan in everything and I am wondering about the timming of this happening and I agree that you should get 2 when you decide the time is right. "He" has already set up your pair for you (I think). Think about the background here... The story of these two.....The TIMMING! I think these two were meant to be YOURS! They can wait until you are ready and they are already a part of the PT family.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/LuckyandLouie.jpg

I too, keep coming back to this thread and the L & L thing was what I had come to post about this time. Phred beat me to it though and I am glad he was the one that planted the seed. I am just here to "water" what he planted.

(remember, WE have connections and we can get you this pair when you are ready!)

Prowler's mom
12-17-2004, 01:18 PM
:( I am so sorry for you lost. I am also sorry for taking so long to post this. I know exactly how you feel. When I lost Shadow, it was losing my best freind. Shadow had been through so much with me; divorce, suicide of a good friend, marriage and more. When Shadow past away, I no longer had my freind that I confided in. So, you loosing Tubbus is like loosing your best freind. I remember when you lived in GB and Tubbus would not let me in the house unless I brought him french fries from McD's. He would attack me until he had his french fries. Tubbby also could be a big loveable lug. I struggled for a long time too deciding if I wanted another cat or not. I also was looking for another Shadow, knowing very well that I would never find one like her. Even Jim kept telling me that there is only one Shadow in the world and why would you want to replace her. Instead honor her with her memory. So I went out after 6 months and found a cat, Prowler that is nothing like Shadow. Ask T-bird, she will vouch for me on this one. Will you ever get over the lost of Tubby, no. Why would you. Tubby will be in your heart and the hearts of everyone that met him. The greiving process will lessen but I still am sereaching for Shadow and I still miss her even after 7 years she has been gone. Remember the moments you shared with Tubby and don't forget him ever.
Tubby-- Lucy and Shadow are waiting for you on the other side of Rainbow Bridge.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Oh Kathy, I thought I was through with the crying for awhile - guess not. :( I had forgotten all about Tubby not letting you in without french fries! He was such a terror kitty back then. ;) I probably posted this already somewhere, but I remember one time I came home and every single cushion on the couch was on the floor. The couch demon had evidently been after him in full force, but thankfully he vanquished it thoroughly.

Thanks for posting. I think my mom is having a hard time with this too. She got pretty close to Tubby when I was living at home for awhile, and she, my dad and now you are the only ones I know that still call him Tubbus. I had forgotten that was his "official" name.

Tubby is in good company at the RB and no, I will never forget him. :(

For those who don't know, Prowler's Mom is one of my best friends from high school days. We don't see near enough of each other these days, and she doesn't post here on PT near enough. If you look further down in the memorial thread, you will see a tribute to Lucy who was Prowler's Mom's daughter's kitty.

Medusa
12-21-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm truly sorry, Debbie. It does happen fast, doesn' it? I had to have my Mooka put to sleep today and I could hardly believe how fast he went. Please know that I'm thinking of you, will light a candle for Tubby and you, too.

Blessings,
M

captain
12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Medusa,
I am sorry to hear about your Mooka.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie,
How are you today?

slick
12-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Debbie: sure don't mean to make you cry....but I found this in another thread and I think it is one of the most beautiful pictures I've seen. Hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to post it here as another memorial to sweet Tubby.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p48eb092c4e1f6ab9dcd67e09fe7b6064/fb759205.jpg
Hope your travels are going well and please check in when you can.

hugs
slick
xo

Medusa
12-21-2004, 07:41 PM
What a beautiful picture and tribute to Tubby. Blessings to you both.
M

Nomilynn
12-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Debbie: sure don't mean to make you cry....but I found this in another thread and I think it is one of the most beautiful pictures I've seen. Hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to post it here as another memorial to sweet Tubby.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p48eb092c4e1f6ab9dcd67e09fe7b6064/fb759205.jpg
Hope your travels are going well and please check in when you can.

hugs
slick
xo

Oh Vic way ta go.. now I'm leaking :p

Still thinking of you, Debbie.

lizzielou742
12-23-2004, 11:14 AM
{{{hugs}}} to you and kissies to Peanut.

We miss you, Tubby. :(

sasha the cat
12-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Please accept our deepest sympathies on the passing to RB of your treasured Tubby.

Our hearts ache for you.

Susan [KatMa] Murray [Paw-Paw] Purrents of Sasha the Queen Calico

Darling Tubby, you have your angel wings now; we know you will watch over your purrson who loves you beyond the bonds of physical life.

http://pages.ivillage.com/angelpride/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/shamfr3.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to post it here as another memorial to sweet Tubby.

Thanks for digging that picture out Slick. :) It was the very first picture we took of Tubby and me in the same picture. Except for the fact that it looks like I'm choking him to death, it's a good picture. ;)

And that picture - and so many more - are due entirely to Pet Talk. It wasn't until I got on PT that I realized I had no - nil- zero - zip - pictures of me and Tubby together. And if it wasn't for PT I would only have a fraction of the pictures of him that I have now. Now I have hundreds of pictures of him and I'm even going to make a little slide show of my "Tubby" picture file.

It's really hard being in the motorhome with Peanut and not Tubby. Peanut is taking it all so well and Tubby would have even been better about it all, and I know he would have loved it so. I know he is here in spirit, but I just really wish he was here in purrson instead. :(

Cinder & Smoke
12-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Mrrrrrt ;)

Hi Mom ~ Hi Dad ~ Hi Peanut ~

Sure do *miss* you guyz!!

Sorrie I dint write sooner - but eber since I ditched da
"training wheels" an been *flutterin round" onna Angel Wings,
I been flyin down an ridin wiff y'all inna MotorHowze.
(Wish Dad dint drive so *FAST* - hard ta ketch up wiff ya
an then klimb outta my "Urn" ta come up frunt.)

An dat stretch of bad road - WOW!
Gave up sittin on Mom's seat an just *hoovered* beside Dad.

Where wuz ya last nite?
Musta gone out fur din-din... onlee wun home wuz PeaNutter.
Spent ChrissMiss Eve wiff her an we hadda *NICE* Tyme ketchin up.
(Oh, Mom ~ I kleened her up a bit - she wuz a lil *frumpie* on toppa
da hed an inna right ear... Got her all *spiff'd up* fur ya.)

I'd stay an say *Meow* - but we're all Singin inna Choir at ChrissMiss
Eve Services onna Bridge tonite, an I gotta get back.
Did I tell ya - dat lil Black Bunnie ~ Sophie ~ she plays DRUMZ in God's Band!
She gotz a mean *ThUmP* beat!

God sed He's gonna turn da *Christmas Star* on reel Brite tonite whilst
we're singin onna Bridge - step outside fur a Look & Lissin - I'll <*wave*>

Aftur we get dun *singin*, God sendz us all down to da North Pole
ta help Sandie Klawz load da sleigh;
den summa us fly along onna delivery runz - so Rudy Reindeer duzint
make any wrong turnz.

I'll make sure Sandie K dropz sum stuff fur You Guyz an PeaNutter...
stay put wiffa MotorHowze inna park till mornin!
(An YES, Mom - we'll *Wipe our Feetz* affore we come in!)

Ooopsie ~ I hear sumbuddie * ThUMmPin * onna Bridge!
Gotta run (or - fly) :p ~ God duzint like us bein late fur Services!

MERRIE ChrissMiss, Mom, Dad, an Peanut!!
Luv Ya!! :)

/s/ Yur Furrie Angel - Tubby ;)

Relayed wiff Luv by the Prayer Pups

slick
12-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Oh Phred, my tears are just streaming down in buckets......:( :( :(

God speed little Tubby.....I love you very much....

zippy-kat
12-25-2004, 11:40 AM
I think that's the most beautiful, heart-warming post I've read this season.

{{hugs to everyone}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh Phred, my tears are just streaming down in buckets......:( :( :(

God speed little Tubby.....I love you very much....

Ditto - on both accounts, Slick. :(

Thanks Prayer Pups, for relayn' that message. It's good to know Tubby has been hoverin' around his daddy.

We miss you soooo much, and I thought Peanut looked a bit spiffier this morning. Thanks for checking in. :( :)

gini
12-25-2004, 01:40 PM
For the first time, ever, I think I am a complete loss for words.

It is a little hard to type too............the tears make things kinda blurry on the monitor.

But, OH! I think I can hear the flutter of wings.........and I feel a little bit of a breeze..............can you just imagine all of our Rainbow Bridge babies with their wings..........doing God's bidding?

Phred, from the bottom of my heart........thank you! You have touched us all once again!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-04-2005, 09:57 AM
‘scuse me Cinder & Smoke, but I need that hotline to the RB. Thanks.

Tubby, are you there? I miss you so much big boy. Ever since we got home Sunday, the hole you left is more obvious than ever. You had such a presence in the house since you always had to be in the middle of everything and always followed me everywhere. You were always so happy to see us when we got back from a trip that you were a total Velcro kitty, more so than usual anyway. I couldn’t do anything without your help, from unpacking the clothes – you always had to sniff them all over to check out where we were - to putting the food away – you had to sit and beg for all the treats you had missed while we were gone - and finally to relaxing on the couch – where you would lay on top of me, give me head bumpies and tell me how much you missed me.

These days I have to sleep with a pillow at my feet to take the place of you in bed, I can’t sleep without it. The house seems so empty and quiet without you. Peanut is doing her best to fill the hole you left, and has sure learned how to voice her opinion since you’re gone. She even laid on me on the couch last night. Made me feel a bit better, but she doesn’t like to snuggle like you did, and I’m finding out I need that nightly snuggle. You always listened as I spilled out all my troubles of the day, and answered with your strong steady purr, letting me know that everything would be alright.

I know you are in a better place now, but I sure do miss you. I always said I didn’t know what I’d do without you and I’m finding out that’s true. If I could have just one more snuggle, just one more head bumpie, just one more day……

Well, I gotta go now, Tubby. Sorry to take you away from your frolicking. I just wanted to let you know once more how much I love you and miss you. Chin skritchies and smoochies to you big boy….I sure do miss you……

slick
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
:( :( :( Oh dear.....here come the tears again.....

Dear God, tell me what to do or say to ease her pain??

lbaker
01-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I simply can't open and read these at work any more. I get totally useless and feel totally helpless and need to excuse myself and retreat either into the ladies room or take a walk outside :( Oh Debbie, I so understand :( unfortunately.

gini
01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Debbie, let me reach out and give you a hug this morning.

Barbara
01-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Debbie, missing Tigris one night can only give me a faint idea of what you are going through but I already heard him scratching at my door (100% real- but of course he was not here) and always thought I see him just outside my view:(

{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

Randi
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Oh Debbie, it's so hard without Tubby. :( :( He knows you need him and he'll be sure to send you headbumpies from the RB. :)

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Vio&Juni
01-04-2005, 03:20 PM
We all miss Tubby!

KittyKatLover
01-04-2005, 04:55 PM
So sorry for your loss. Tubby was such a special boy. May he rest in peace, knowing he will always be loved.

davidpizzica
01-05-2005, 02:38 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Debbie! Tubby was the light of your life, and now he's watching over you and purring.

BastetsMum
01-05-2005, 03:41 AM
HUGS :( :(

ramanth
01-05-2005, 02:47 PM
:( :( :( Oh dear.....here come the tears again.....

Dear God, tell me what to do or say to ease her pain??
Ditto.

:( *hugs*

tuxluvr
01-06-2005, 05:34 AM
My goodness, I've missed so much - Debbie, I had tears in my eyes this morning reading about Tubby.....and as my grandmother-in-law would have said, you will get extra stars in your own crown for the loving home you gave this sweet creature.

I'm sure Tubster is sending vibes to Cracker Jack from over the rainbow, and God bless you for taking in another adult kitty!

Blessings and hugs across the miles!

Wanda

kt_luvs_kitties
01-13-2005, 12:23 AM
I am sorry that I was not able to read this earlier (computer crashed for almost 2 months)..

I am also so sorry for the passing of beloved Tubby. I will pray for you and your family.
RIP Tubby, you will be missed.... :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Tubby...

I am so sorry.. i realized I never left you a note on your memorial page...:(

I sure do still miss you Tubby. I know you weren't my kitty but I loved you so much. You were such a beautiful boy and it really broke my heart in two when I heard you were gone... but only gone from here and not in our hearts...

You and Peanut are two of my favorites... I sure hope you are having fun at the rainbow bridge.. by now you probably know where all the best places to chase butterflies and pounce on bugs are.

Im gonna miss seeing pictures of you outside on your leash...:) You silly boy!

I MISS YOU!

catmandu
03-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I could have sworn,that I responded,to this thread,but cant find it> The Found cAts,and I are sorry,to hear about Tubby,and I was going,through,all the responses,reading the popems,and seeing,the wonderful picture,with Tubby,in them,and its obvious,that Tubby,played a huge role,in your life,and left a void,that will never,really be filled.But Tubby,wasloved,by us,all,and with over 200 responses,Tubby,was a Cat,that touched,so many lives,in different ways.Tubby,is now,in Brazil,with The Pet Talker Pet Angel Army,and scouting out places,where you can dine together,and be,in the Sun,when you are reunited.

orangemm
03-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I am so sad for you; it hurts so much when we lose a loved family member. Tubby looks exactly like my Mikey, who has been gone for almost 8 years. I still miss him.

Wish I could say something to ease the pain.

kaoK'okung
03-17-2005, 03:13 AM
i am so sorry Debbie...you made the right decision to end Tubby's suffering...when i was at home just after college, my parents had to put away the 2 cats i had grown up with, it was so hard to let them go....i feel for you...i know much it hurts...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2005, 01:31 PM
ring ring, ring ring

Hi, is this the RB? Is Tubby there?

Hi Tubby! :D Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I'm thinking about you. Miss you terribly and wish you were here. So glad you sent CJ to us. He's such a character, although I think Peanut preferred your quiet attention to his rambunctious attention.

As I was laying in bed this morning before I got up, I was remembering our last snuggle and how you just layed there and purred your fool head off....

Miss you sooooo much big boy. :(

Killearn Kitties
12-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh Debbie, I've been thinking about you all weekend. Loads and loads and loads of hugs to you! We all miss Tubby. :(

Corinna
12-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh Debbie I have now got Major case O LES. Hug to you .

davidpizzica
12-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh, Debbie, {{{{HUGS}}}} to you on this sad anniversary. I feel exactly the same way on August 23rd, on Thai's anniversary. Nikki, Daisy, and Marigold are a comfort, but I very much miss Thai.

gini
12-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Dear Debbie,

We really never get over losing them do we? The only thing that comes to mind to say to you - is to rejoice in all of the wonderful days that you had Tubby with you. I know, not much comfort - we just never have them with us as long as we would like.

Tubby, please go over and say hi to Magic, Patches and Sugar for me.........you will like them - especially Magic - he is a black kitty too.

kb2yjx
12-11-2005, 02:58 PM
What wonderful tributes to Tubby!!! He was a good and loyal friend that shared your life for many years!!! He will always be with you, sending his love. Sleep softly,dear Tubby....Sandra

carole
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh Debbie I am so terribly sorry to hear about Tubby, just reading about it made me cry, you gave him a wonderful life and he is now at peace, you know in your heart you made the right decision so that he would not suffer and linger on,but i know you must be hurting, it is so hard to part with our furbabies, Tubby so reminds me of my Lexie , even has the same white dot,RIP dear Tubby and be rest assured Debbie all the PT RB kitties are there to welcome Tubby with open paws.

Cinder & Smoke
12-11-2005, 03:51 PM
ring ring, ring ring

Hi Tubby! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I'm thinking about you.

Miss you terribly and wish you were here.

Not sure if I should http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif or http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

{{{HUGS}}} to Deb & Terry

/s/ Phred

anna_66
12-11-2005, 04:02 PM
I know just how you feel Debbie.

{{{HUGS}}}

Randi
12-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Debbie, I often think of Tubby, he was one of my favourites here. I know how you feel, but you did everything you could for him, and he was happy and had a great life with you. :) I'm sure he would have wanted you to do exactly what you did, so that he didn't suffer anymore.

Tubby has always reminded me very much of John's Batman, who also died from kidney failure.

I'm sending you lots of ((((((hugs)))))))

RobiLee
12-11-2005, 05:18 PM
{{{hugs}}}

catmandu
12-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Tubby has been a Cat Angel for a year now,and he has been out scouting out Restaurants and Tourist Locations,so than when you meet again,he will be able to show you the Love,that you showed him for so many years.
And what Fun,You and Tubby will have,when you meet One Fine Day.

slick
12-11-2005, 06:07 PM
I have also been thinking about you today Debbie and I'm sending some more {{{hugs}}} your way.

Hope you are having fun, Tubby.

finn's mom
12-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Aw, Tubby. What beautiful photos on page 3. I think it's sweet to remember him, even if it's hard.

Logan
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Hugs to you, Debbie. I completely understand your continued sadness over the loss of Tubby. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks so much everyone. It was kind of a rough day, but my little snuggley orangie boy sure helped me through it. He even snuggled in bed last night - which he rarely does. :D And Peanut was being extra cute too. We got a new box for her to investigate, but she preferred the one she already has, so we threw the new one away....before the house because one big box storage place. :rolleyes: :D

Poo
12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear that CJ and Peanut are helping you get through this. You never stop missing them do you. I am sure Tubby is playing freely at the bridge and getting up to all sorts if mischief :)

(((((hugs)))) on their way.

Nicki x

kimlovescats
12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Having just gone through the first anniversary of my Tucker Man's passing, I do know what you are feeling. :(

(((((((((HUGS))))))))

Kim

moosmom
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Deb,

I remember the thread about Tubby. THAT decision is the most difficult one to make. My heart goes out to you. :( He was a very handsome cat!!

neko1
12-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh no, here comes the LES.

We all miss you Tubby. I hope you're having fun playing at the RB.

And (((HUGS))) to you Debbie.