PDA

View Full Version : Squeals with excitement!!!

catnapper
12-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Does everyone remember Babycakes... the kitty with one blind eye that hubby fell instantly in love with? She was supposed to be fostered by me a few months ago, but the foster mom couldn't part with her.

Well, fast forward a few months and she got a new job. One that leaves her never home and her hubby says she needs to get "rid of those cats" so she is sending Babycakes my way! :D :D

She currently has a URI, so I don't know whether or not to take her now and keep her sequestered in my daughter's room until the URI has cleared or wait URI its gone to bring her "home".

I have a feling there was a reason why this happened this way, why she was held off from coming to me! My SIL is thinking of getting a new cat -- hers passed away last year -- and she'll be visiting us at Christmas. I think she will be the purrfect match for my SIL, and just the thng to help her depression. Lets see if my SIL falls in love with her the way hubby did. If not... I think catnapper cat #5 is about to walk into my door. She chose us for some reason. Lets see if its to be with us or SIL.

QueenScoopalot
12-11-2004, 04:43 PM
YAY Kim! Sounds like the little girl was always meant to be yours, or near you at least. :) However I don't think you should bring her in until the URI is better. Can't risk having to treat four extras. And you really need to add a special needs kitty to your home me thinks! Seems I'm one of very few here with special needs babies galore. Guess you can say I'm a bit of a sucker for them. :) :) :) Do keep us posted on Babycakes though! ;)

Karen
12-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Oooh, I bet SIL will fall in love just as quick as your hubby did. What's not to love, right?

lynnestankard
12-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
.. I think catnapper cat #5 is about to walk into my door.

We are surprised because........................................... .........................?????????????

:D :D :D :D :D

rg_girlca
12-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I agree with Jan on this one Kim. If at all possible, wait until this little one is over that nasty URI.

She sounds like a real sweetheart and I can't wait to see pictures.:D

dukedogsmom
12-11-2004, 08:12 PM
That would be great for your SIL. Hope she likes her. Don't they say that cats are like potato chips? You can't have just one? I'm in trouble.

Laura's Babies
12-11-2004, 08:17 PM
I agree, she choose ya'll for a reason! I do believe there is a higher power that leads us and them where he wants us/them to be. Sometimes they have a rough road to get where they are being sent but He leads them there....

Samantha, Chester and Amy are all the proof I need to believe that... and they lead me here, to the greatest bunch of people I ever met!

catnapper
12-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Yes, they are like potato chips... and for the time being I must stop at 4! LOL.

We are really hoping SIL falls in love with her. But from everything I've seen and heard about Babycakes, she is no doubt going to work a spell on my SIL. I can;t wait! :D

I'll ahve to talk to the current foster mom about the URI situation.

catmandu
12-12-2004, 12:45 PM
We at The Found cat Hotel,hope that she is Cat Number 5,as she needss someone,that knows her special needs,and is kind,and patoient,and you certainly,fill the bill.

catnapper
12-12-2004, 02:40 PM
I get "Cakes" on Thursday night! :) She is on Clavamox - she has only been sneezing a little bit, and the foster mom put her on meds right away as a precaution, so its not a full-blown URI. though I still intend to keep her closed in a separate room until the Clavamox is done.

My daughter said Grant was so excited when he heard we were getting Babycakes as a foster. He really does love this cat.

kimlovescats
12-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Oh Kim, this is FANTASTIC news!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!:D
Come on Thursday and lots of Babycake pics!!!!!!;)

catcrazylady
12-12-2004, 04:57 PM
OMG!!! This is so exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her!! We've heard so much about her that it seems like she belongs here already. Things always work out the way they are meant to be. Isn't it amazing how that happens?:)