PDA

View Full Version : Webcam for Christmas!! Now how to use it??

sirrahbed
12-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Our daughter Missy sent everyone little webcams for Christmas!! They arrived early so we set it up:p

Now, what is the easiest way to "call" someone? We all have AIM but not AOL, so there is no "video" button to push. We also have Netmeeting and figured one way to use both AIM and Netmeeting by using the screen name, clicking addins and then Netmeeting and after some back and forth buttons and a ring, we can hook up. Is there some easier way to do this??
Also, how do you "call" someone for a Netmeeting? What do you use - their e-mail???

moosmom
12-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Debbie,

They're easy to use. My daughter and I have one and we "celebrate" our holiday via webcam and cellphones. It's the next best thing to being there, I guess.

No, you use your Instant Messaging. I can't do webcam on aol. Only on Yahoo. You are gonna love it!!

sirrahbed
12-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks Donna! Hubby and I both loaded Yahoo Messenger and it works great. It has audio too:D I can't wait until the others get their's hooked up!!! Missy and Paul, Jason and Devon, Grammy Carol and Bryan and Christine, too:D

PS (I read that AIM works but only with Windows XP which we do not have.)