PDA

View Full Version : strangest thing your per ever did?

Eudora
07-16-2001, 09:07 AM
What si the strangest thing you (maybe) have discovered your pet doing? (Caught may be the word for some of you) anyway I'd like to hear from you!

Eudora
07-16-2001, 09:07 AM
the topic title should be pet, not per and in my message it should be is, not si!! Sorry everyone.. :(

Daisy's Mom
07-17-2001, 12:42 AM
Well I know I posted about Daisy loving to play with the toilet brush... that was pretty strange. She has a lot of strange habits, such as bug-eating, sleeping on her back with her paws in the air and lips flopped over, and of course, trash-digging :)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/024/sy/YF/7H/xv13098.jpg

Eudora
07-17-2001, 09:21 AM
Omigosh... that picture is so cute! She looks so happy in all that trash! ;) But guess which unlucky mommy has to clean up!

zippy-kat
07-18-2001, 01:41 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT A MESS!! LOL
But who could resist a face as cute as that?!

Reminds me of a time when Sara was a puppy and pulled ALL the stuffing out of one of her BIG pillows. (One of the contributing incidents that earned her the nickname of Chewmella. lol)

DogsRus
07-18-2001, 11:27 AM
my poodle did a dive off our swimming pool diveboard, she was going for a bug swimming around and ended up a very wet pup! :eek:

Daisy's Mom
07-18-2001, 11:46 AM
Yeah she's lucky she is so cute :) We thought it was funny the first time but she STILL knocks the trash over if we leave it down when she is home alone! But that first time was definitely the worst. We had just cleaned out the refrigerator and had rotten salad and all kinds of gross stuff in there. There she is chewing on a bad cucumber! When we opened the door, she had a potato chips bag stuck on her hind legs! LOL. It was quite a cleanup job!

Mila's Mommy
07-18-2001, 12:01 PM
Mila is very a very clutzy cat. She was walking along the side of the tub (which was filled with water) and lost her footing and fell in :D

She was SO embarassed. Luckily for ME, I hadn't gotten into the tub yet! :p

Also, I used to have a Dachshund who liked to bite bald men. :D No idea why!!

catwoman
07-18-2001, 06:16 PM
When I read about Mila's fall into the tub, I remembered when my girls were just kittens.

Apparently, Thelma had started to jump into the bathtub ... and discovered "Oops! It's full of water!" I came back into the bathroom to discover her with her front feet in the water and her back feet still (barely)on the tub rim. Stuck, but completely silent about it.

She must have realized I was "rescuing" her, because she didn't scratch me a bit when I fished her out.

To this day, she always looks into the tub before she jumps ... LOL

Daisy's Mom
07-18-2001, 06:44 PM
I just remembered another story! I shared this in another post...

When Daisy was a puppy, my little sister Rachael was 8. She's a little clumsy, and one day while eating a Peep (one of those little yellow marshmellow chicks) and running down the hall, she tripped and fell on her back. She opened her mouth really wide and started to cry. My mom, other sister and I watched Daisy walk over to her, very concerned. She stood right over Rachael's head and daintily plucked the Peep from her mouth and left the room to go eat it. Rach was so shocked that she started laughing, and we were already totally hysrterical. It was the funniest sight!

zippy-kat
07-19-2001, 01:48 PM
I love the 'peeps' story! Too cute!

My first dog was a cocker. She and the cat use to spend hours playing together. One night, mom had just finished filling the bathtub up with water when she went to another part of the house for something.

The dog and cat were playing chase. The cat ran into the bthrm and jumped up on the far edge of the tub. *SPLASH* the dog wasn't soo lucky!! She had the most bewildered look on her face!! (She absolutely HATED baths. All you had to do was SHOW her the shampoo bottle and she'd roll onto her back, stick her paws in the air, and give you THE LOOK.)

Meanwhile, the cat was laughing his whiskers off! :D

Eudora
07-21-2001, 12:46 AM
LOL!!! Those are so cute! Wonder why my friend's pets never do stuff like that? :confused:

aly
07-23-2001, 11:09 PM
Bridget, I've heard both those stories before but I am laughing so hard again, I'm crying. That picture is PRICELESS.

Daisy's Mom
07-24-2001, 01:40 AM
LOL I love those stories too. Even the picture is cute... but trust me, it's not cute anymore ;) Ah how I miss the puppy years! They just grow up too fast! :)

nephnurse
07-26-2001, 02:50 PM
Terrence, the terrible cairn terrier (RIP), did a LOT of strange things. Probably the strangest was his excellent visual acuity...he watched the bugs land in the waterfall pond at the apartment complex where I lived and would bark at them. They would jump, land again and the tiny ripples seemed to be visable (esp. in reflections) so he'd bark again...and on and on :mad:

I'd have to take him inside to stop him. But then he'd see reflections inside (there was a pond and I lived in a basement suite and start over :confused:

He was a real character but then both of my cairns were.

foxr
07-31-2001, 09:50 AM
My Boston once dragged around and EMPTIED an entire 5 pound bag of flour all over my apartment. It took 2 hours to clean up the mess, but not before I chronicled the episode on film. Friends laugh hysterically when they see the photos.

foxr
07-31-2001, 09:52 AM
Then there was a Sheltie puppy of mine who would run over to the answering machine and HOWL at the outgoing message. We wondered if he thought WE were trapped somehow in the machine. It was adorable.

foxr
07-31-2001, 09:56 AM
My parrot Dolly takes the cake, however, when she chewed through the power cord of my refigerator and shorted it out. Miraculously she was absolutely fine, thought the thawed food was a hassle.

Eudora
08-01-2001, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by parrotmom:
<STRONG>Then there was a Sheltie puppy of mine who would run over to the answering machine and HOWL at the outgoing message. We wondered if he thought WE were trapped somehow in the machine. It was adorable.</STRONG>

LOL!! That is so funny parrotmom! Howling at the answering machine... chewing through the cable of the fridge... why does nothing like that ever happen to me? :confused: