PDA

View Full Version : SnowFest Canidate... need help with dress

Toby's my baby
12-10-2004, 09:22 PM
HURRAY!!:D I got choosen to be in SnowFest, for those of you who don't know what SnowFest is, it is just like Homecoming.

I came home, and told my parents the great news, and my mom said, o, well I guess we need to buy one of those dresses that you will never wear again... all I said was "yup!" I told her I would pay for some of the dress...

I need sugestions on where to buy a dress, somewhere, where I can get one that costs under $150, thanks to all those who give suggestions to where a good place to purchase a dress would be. . .

The only thing bad about being in SnowFest is that I am slightly taller than Prestan (the guy in my class that gets to be a canidate) so I don't get to buy new shoes :( I will probably have to go barefoot or flipflops so I am not 4" taller than him :o

GraciesMommy
12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Congrats! Well, depending on how fancy you are going..I would say the prom and wedding shops..bridesmaids dresses are nothing like they used to be!
And Sears certainly has some beautiful styles too..

GraciesMommy
12-10-2004, 09:59 PM
And I KNOW we will be seeing pics, right????:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
And I KNOW we will be seeing pics, right????:)

YIPPIE!! I love pics of great dresses!!!;) :)

aly
12-11-2004, 09:31 AM
I'd hit the department stores like Foley's or Dillards. A lot of their dresses are expesnsive, but if you dig around, you'll find ones that are under $150.

Kfamr
12-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Well, if it were me, the first place i'd go to would be the thrift store. Of course, i'd never wear a dress, but they do have some pretty ones there.

Toby's my baby
12-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks Guys!

Of course I will post lots of pics! :D;)

SnowFest isn't until January 21, but we are going shopping today, I wont be buying a dress today, but I am going to look. The colors for SnowFest are Hot Pink, Black, and Silver

I would like a long dress prefferably with sparkles, I found this dress on the internet, it is only $40, but it isnt by favorite, it looks a little short...

Karen
12-11-2004, 11:41 AM
For shoes, ballet slippers are flat as can be ... and easy to dance in, too!

There are lots of online "prom dress" places, now that we know you have until January 21, there's time for that!

Toby's my baby
12-11-2004, 08:51 PM
I just got back from shopping and found some BEAUTIFUL dresses! I tried on the one I attached but it didn't "jump out" at me, so I didn't get it. I looked in every store I could think of at the mall, but didn't find anything. Surprisingly I didn't find one dress that I liked, that was over $60... thank goodness!

I will have to look at some of the Bridal shops and stuff, there is still plenty of time, my neighbor also has some really cute sandle/dress shoes that aren't heals so I think I will borrow those;)

More suggestions on shopping places are welcome! :p:D

Tonya
12-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Congratulations! If it isn't until Jan, I would wait until after Christmas. Right now, all the dresses are marked up for winter formals and holiday parties. They will be all on sale after Christmas.

Who cares if you are taller?! Strut your stuff! I'm a tall girl, and I've learned to love it and not worry about the guy's height.

Toby's my baby
12-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Your right Tonya, I shouldn't get mad if Prestan is taller than me, this is one of the few times I will beable to dress up, so I might as well enjoy it, all I have to do is walk up the aisle thing with him, after that at the dance I will be with my boyfriend and he is about 5 inches taller than me, so no worry there!:p;)