PDA

View Full Version : How scary! A red ribbon in Lily's poo!

Kirsten
12-10-2004, 05:16 PM
I just cleaned Lily's litter box and got shock #2 today! Saw something red in her poo and for a second, I thought it was blood, but when I looked closer, I saw it was a small piece of ribbon. I could even see where her teeth had perforated it before she ate it.

I wonder when she swallowed it! I'm always very careful with these things. Last night I brought a gift home (decorated with long strings of these ribbons) but I put it away before the cats could start chewing on it. But weeks ago, I caught Lily chewing on the ribbons of a birthday present I got, but my birthday was in early November, so I wonder whether that thing could have stayed inside her bowels for such a long time!? :confused:

I also wonder if I should better contact a vet? I would have called mine if her office would be opened now, but it's after midnight here, and actually I don't think this is an emergency case. Lily seems to be healthy as usual, she is eating, drinking, playing, and she's not constipated and does not vomit. so I hope she's alright. If she would show any symptoms, of course I would rush her to the vet ER.

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
12-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Just shows us (reminds us too) that NOTHING is out of their reach so be extra careful over these holidays with the ribbons and bows, decorations and such.

slick
12-10-2004, 05:52 PM
When I'm wrapping prezzies, Max is always trying to bite the ribbon. I just don't know what the attraction is. It sounds like the culprit has made it's through and out the other end. If Lily is eating, drinking and playing and showing no ill signs, then maybe just watch her for another day before calling the vets. You never know, maybe what you are seeing is not all that she ate. Prayers on the way.

catmandu
12-11-2004, 08:50 AM
It would seem,that Luna,was into something,that she shouldnt have been into,odd for a Cat.But we are all glad,that she is all right,the Silly Girl.

lynnestankard
12-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Glad she's OK Kirsten.

I've given up this year - with wrapping Christmas Presents - I've locked myself away in my craft room and ignored various shouts of 'Open This Door NOW'!! and 'Mum I wanna come in'!!! :D :D
All the pressies are wrapped and stowed away:D :D

Lynne