PDA

View Full Version : I hope this man finds his dog...

elizabethann
12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
I just found this on a local papers web-site. I think I'm going to go to Nashua tomorrow and help find this mans dog. Poor thing.

Elderly Man Survives Crash, Loses Pet

POSTED: 10:44 am EST December 10, 2004

NASHUA, N.H. -- A 71-year-old Nashua man survived a traffic accident last week but has lost part of his life. William Baker's 4½-year-old terrier ran off when rescuers cut the car open and hasn't been seen since.

Baker has been back to the accident scene every day, hoping his pet, Didas, will return. Daughters, nieces and nephews also have looked and posted notices in case neighbors see the dog.

Several emergency workers and onlookers tried to grab Didas after he wriggled away from a firefighter, but he got away.

pitc9
12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
OMG!!!! I hope he finds his puppers!!:(

tatsxxx11
12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh, how very sad:( Lots of prayers that Didas finds his way home very soon:( Stories like this just break my heart...

elizabethann
12-14-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm so happy! Here's the update:

Dog, Owner Reunited After Accident
Terrier Missing For Two Weeks

POSTED: 10:32 am EST December 14, 2004

NASHUA, N.H. -- A 71-year-old Nashua man who survived a traffic accident two weeks ago but was separated from his dog in the crash has been reunited with the tiny rat terrier.

"He went berserk. He jumped on us and was crying -- you know how they kind of cry -- and just went crazy," said William Baker of his good friend Didas.

"He got a few ticks, but he's doing fine. He's been sleeping most of the day," Baker said.

Didas escaped from Baker's car after an accident in Amherst two weeks ago.

The 4½-year-old terrier raced off while Baker was being treated, and distraught family members had returned to the area daily to look for him.

"We kept going. My son and I were out the other day, and my daughter went out just about every night," said Baker, who wasn't harmed in the accident.

Baker's daughter, Debbie Archambault, had taken the story to The Telegraph and the family began getting tips.

"Somebody saw him going down the highway, then down near where the toll gate is in Merrimack," Baker said.

Then on Sunday night, the family received a phone message from Rod and Lynn Spencer of Merrimack, about 5 miles from the accident scene. They saw the dog in their driveway and recognized it from a picture in the newspaper.

Baker said the formerly 22-pound Didas lost about two pounds during his adventures.

ramanth
12-14-2004, 12:22 PM
HORRAY!! So glad that had a happy ending. :)

GraciesMommy
12-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Whooooooooohooooooo! That is such good news!

tatsxxx11
12-14-2004, 04:20 PM
WOO HOO!!!:D:D:D Oh, what a miracle! Thank goodness the poor pup wasn't injured on the highway! I'm so happy for Didas and his Dad!:)

moosmom
12-14-2004, 05:33 PM
I love happy endings!!!! :D

Jods
12-14-2004, 09:15 PM
YAY!!!! Good news!!

Mandy1
12-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Thats great :D I can't even imagin how upset that man must of been :(

luvofallhorses
12-14-2004, 09:40 PM
omgosh I am glad it has such a happy ending:D

QueenScoopalot
12-15-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm so happy they were reunited, and the little dog wasn't injured, or killed by a vehicle, or preditor. It must have been one tearful reunion! :)