PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree blues.

LuckyDog
12-10-2004, 07:58 AM
One of the cats knocked it over and played in it so half the lights were out and some of the branches were smooshed. So we fixed it back up and finished decorating it and now my daughter has single handedly stripped it of all the ornaments and tore them up. I am not gonna have a tree come Christmas cause it is just not gonna last.

lbaker
12-10-2004, 08:23 AM
You could get one of those several feet long pine garlands and hang that over a window or something. Decorate it with simple ribbons or even some fruit on a thread! It would still smell like Christmas and be only a smidgeon of the hassle! I ended up one year with just hanging some ornaments from the top of a window and put baby's breath tucked into a pine garland over the fireplace mantle. It was beautiful :D

Harmanie
12-10-2004, 12:05 PM
hi,
maybe you should put your christmas tree up a couple of days before christmas. then maybe your cat won't have time to tear it down. you might have to rush to put it up instead of taking your time with it. but it might also work. you could always try it. Also you might want to get a fake tree and use ornaments that won't break. or when your cat gets close to the tree you can spray it with water so it will learn not to go near the tree.
-sam-