PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pigs

Nicholaslaw
07-14-2000, 10:47 AM
Guinea Pigs! They are soooo cute!!!! I have two, Zippo and Ollie. Do you have a piggie? Lets talk about cavies!!!!!

blue_heeler
08-01-2000, 11:24 PM
I have a guinea pig. She is a Junior Abyssinian Sow, Marked Cavy. In other words white broken with blue markings. Honestly, I don't know if mycavy is a male or female. He/she has two nipples but only two. Do males have this? I have another question. When Peaches (my guinea pig) goes under my covers she/he licks my leg constantly! Peaches just started this habit tonight. Is this normal?

~~*RACHEL*~~

horse_1987
08-11-2000, 12:47 PM
Licking is common, guinea pigs love the salt in your skin, do you have a salt lick for her in her cage? both of my guinea pigs have mineral blocks they can lick at.
I have two guinea pigs, they are both boars one is two years old his name is Bear, Bear has neat hair it is kinda like wirehair. My other boar is a crested cavy named Rodney, he isn't even a year yet. Bear and Rodney are pals.

------------------

Horse_1987

Kat
08-19-2000, 03:57 AM
Guinea pigs are sooo cute, aren't they!?!? I have two:
Cadbury's a year old chocolate and white "semi longhaired" boar, and Bullet is a six month old poorly marked torti and white shorthaired sow. They're both adorable! They had babies a little while ago (by accident actually), and they're adorable too. We only have one of them left with us, though.
blue_heeler - both sows and boars have nipples, just like humans! A boar will have a kind of like a "pimple" "down there", and it looks a bit like an "i", while a sow won't have a "pimple", and it will look more like a "Y" or a "v".