PDA

View Full Version : i am now a rat lover!

lute
12-09-2004, 01:47 PM
i started my new job today at a petstore in the mall. i LOVE it! i am the petcare person. i clean the cages and floors and give the animals their meds and all kinds of good junk like that.

anyways, while i was at work i was cleaning the rat cage in the back i found this little guy. he was the cutest little rat ever! he didn't bite me like the rest did and he loved just sleeping in my jacket pocket.:) when my mom came in to pick me up she goes "OMG! you have a rat in yer pocket!" like i didn't know:rolleyes:

i might end up bringing him home if no one buys him.;)

here's a pic. this isn't him, but it's a spitting image of him.
http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~rpc25/personal/friends/smalltwiglet.jpg
oh yeah and all the employees name the animals they like so this guy needs a name. any ideas?:D

molucass
12-09-2004, 03:19 PM
My male rats that I have had were named Squee, Socrates (I called him Socky), Evan, Pippin, Sammy, Oliver, Smokey, Spencer & Sinbad. :)

He's cute!
If you get him, he needs a friend or two. Rats don't do well living on their own.

lute
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
really? i thought they did fine by themselves. he's in a cage by himself at the petstore. do you think since he's by himself now he'll be ok by himself later? i don't think my mom would be all that happy about two rats.

Jods
12-10-2004, 12:37 AM
I've always only had one rat until mine had babies a week after I got it :rolleyes: anyways they were always fine cuz we spent so much time with them they were only in the cage when we weren't home. My one mostly stayed on the couch.... He just ran about... I miss my ratties :(

lute
12-10-2004, 01:43 PM
i have TERRIBLE news! my rat friend which a named Friendly.(it really suited him) well,i got to work this morning and someone bought him. i would normally be really happy except the rats we have there are feeder rats.:( so my Friendly is going to be food.

luvofallhorses
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
:( :( omgosh he is such a cutie that is so sad he is going to be food..that's exactly why I don't like snakes even though they have to survive somehow I have a love for rats and had one named Neo Leo Houdini and he died on Mother's day this year..:(

lute
12-11-2004, 12:04 PM
i don't like snakes either for that reason. i'm so happy we don't have them at the pet store. they don't creep me out, i just don't like their menu.