PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so stupid??

Samantha Puppy
12-09-2004, 01:47 PM
I am so irked at the moment with Sprint PCS!!!

So I buy the Treo 650 for my husband (for Christmas). It is $599, with S&H and tax, it came to $635.19. I had to let them know in advance that he was eligible for the $150 rebate so I had to give them his PCS phone number. That means the Treo was "charged" to his account, which means they are shipping to HIS name at our address. Number 1, I want it shipped somewhere it could be signed for and not sit around on our stoop unsupervised for hours. Number 2, I do NOT want it shipped in his name, especially if it HAS to be delivered to our address! I offered to give them the last four digits of HIS social security number to verify that I was not committing fraud and that wasn't good enough. No, they needed his PCS password. WHAT THE #@$%!? His wife knowing his freaking social security number isn't good enough? So I hung up and contacted my husband and got his stupid PCS password. I called Sprint back and was told that no matter what information I gave them, they couldn't ship it to any other address than the one that was listed as his billing address - for fraud protection. I said "I understand you being responsible, but that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Right now it's being shipped to our address where no one will be there to sign for it and will sit on our front stoop, unsupervised, in plain view of everyone, for hours!!" They said if it was stolen, all I'd have to do is tell them and they'd send another. WTF! So I could actually get the phone... call them and tell them I didn't... and get another one. No, THAT'S not easy fraud...

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID!? What is so freakin' fraudulent about having a shipping address that differs from your billing address? Everywhere else I place orders online gives me that option! But noooo... now I have to have a piece of $635 equipment sitting in broad daylight in view of everyone until my husband or I get home and can bring it in. And if he beats me home that day, there goes the surprise... :rolleyes:

I #@$%IN' HATE SPRINT!!!

Karen
12-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Bribe a neighbor to watch for it, and sneak it into his or her house.

Laura's Babies
12-09-2004, 02:05 PM
The world just seems to get crazier and crazier. They must not need your business that bad...

Samantha Puppy
12-09-2004, 02:11 PM
We're new there... we don't know anyone! :(

I'm back on the phone with Sprint. Not only does it have to be shipped to our home address, but someone has to be there to sign for it. So I'm trying to make them understand that we both have to be at work during the week so that we can AFFORD to buy things like this!

No no, the best they can do is attempt delivery 3 times and then take it to the local UPS store for me to go pick up.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

smokey the elder
12-09-2004, 02:22 PM
That's stupid. Maybe you should try a different vendor.

Samantha Puppy
12-09-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. Next time I buy a cell phone, it will NOT be through Sprint PCS. I like their service and their plans, so I'll keep the service but I'll buy my phone through some other company and transfer my service over to it when I get it. This has been nothing but trouble. I wish I'd just bought this thing off the palmOne.com site and I could've had it shipped anywhere... like any NORMAL company would allow. If only I'd known Sprint was so anal about all that stuff before I placed the order... but then again, I wouldn't have been able to get the $150 rebate without going through Sprint so...

At least the service is fast. I placed the order at 9:45 this morning and UPS has already picked it up to arrive in my town tomorrow.

smokey the elder
12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I never liked Sprint. Years ago when they broke up AT&T I tried Sprint. It took MONTHS to get long distance bills. I was in college and splitting with my roommates; they'd often be gone and I'd be left paying the bill. So I switched back to the Death Star, aka aT&T, until 1989 when I got MCI.

Samantha Puppy
12-10-2004, 10:54 AM
This is the first problem I've ever had with Sprint PCS. I like their prices and the services they provide, etc., but their customer service and policies are just ridiculous.