service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/as123/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Corinna
12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Signed it thanks for finding this and posting it . I had been looking for it.

DJFyrewolf36
12-09-2004, 12:32 PM
I signed it. Having been in combat (simulated but real enough!!!) I know that indicision can get you killed. Nothing should happen to the Marine, he was protecting his life in a war time condition.

Things like this make me see why I have such a problem with the media

Thanks for posting this!!!

Cinder & Smoke
12-09-2004, 01:06 PM
:cool:

DONE!

Note:
The Petition is VERY Well Written - as are many of
the "Comments" by the signers!
Hope it does some good.

/s/ Phred

Tonya
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I signed it, thank you.

LorraineO
12-14-2004, 05:04 PM
court martial the jerk,, the guy on the ground was wounded,, and unarmed ,,, that equal to murder!

Samantha Puppy
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
I agree 200% and signed the petition.

This world is @#$!ed up.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
court martial the jerk,, the guy on the ground was wounded,, and unarmed ,,, that equal to murder!

Ok, how 'bout we put you in that situation and see what you would do!

Or better yet, how 'bout we put your son or daughter in that situation! When it's your life on the line, you might think a little different. :rolleyes:

Samantha Puppy
12-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Ok, how 'bout we put you in that situation and see what you would do!

Or better yet, how 'bout we put your son or daughter in that situation! When it's your life on the line, you might think a little different. :rolleyes: You beat me to it! (And you said it probably a little nicer than I would have too! ;))

sirrahbed
12-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO

uh-huh...and this U.S. Marine, having been caught/shot in the face the day before from bomb fragments from another "dead" body, and well aware that the terrorists he is fighting a war to rise above...most commonly use wounded or dead bodies as booby traps as a routine tactic...was supposed to make all of these above determinations you have mentioned in..say...2-3 seconds...in which time he and his comrades could just as well have all been blown to pieces? You would have been able to take the time to make all of these decisions and not shoot? We only know now that the man was unarmed and wounded after the fact. The Marine did not have time to gather those facts in that split second situation.

This U.S. Marine was a hero. He risks his life every moment and he does it gladly and proudly because he believes in the freedoms he is gaining for an oppressed and terrorized country. He did what he was trained to do in a warzone and that was to protect his comrades against what he perceived as a threat to their lives and his.

How can you ever know what you would do, unless it is really your life, or that of a loved one- on the line and at the moment of possible death.