PDA

View Full Version : Have you finished you're Holiday Shopping?

shais_mom
12-09-2004, 12:00 AM
I actually am mostly done. I have 2 gift certificates to buy yet and that is all.
I even have everything wrapped!:eek:
This is so highly unusual for me! I am usually fighting the crowd at the last minute. And I usually have a marathon wrapping session the weekend before Christmas. But this year I have to work this coming weekend, my day off is next Wednesday, and then I am off the following weekend, but we are having my mom's side on the 19th so I had to have everything wrapped before then! The 15th - my day off really had a monkey wrench thrown in b/c was called for Jury Duty that day, but got a postcard today saying the trial had been vacated! *whew!*
I wrapped everything I had on Sunday, and then was off Monday so finished up my shopping and went ahead and wrapped everything I bought that nite.
Well, I do have to buy the supplies for the cookies in the jar, I am making flour sugar etc, and have to assemble them.
Just wondering where everyone stood. :)

Kater
12-09-2004, 12:08 AM
I've barely even started! :o My punishment will be battling the crowds next week! *shudder* However, I really don't have too many things I need to buy as I'm making a lot of gifts this year. I don't have a job this semester so money is quite tight.
Congrats on being so organized, Miss Staci! :D *pats Staci on the back*

teenster3
12-09-2004, 12:35 AM
I have a few more things to pick up & then I am through!
I'm really surprised at myself this year getting everything done before the BIG RUSH!;)
TiNa

Cinder & Smoke
12-09-2004, 12:39 AM
:rolleyes:

DAD??

:p

Not only Hazint *Started*...
Not sure he's eben started *THINKIN* bout it!

He sez he takes after HIS Dad -
Chrissmiss EVE is "Shoppin Day"! :eek:

Dad sez aftur 4PM iz a gud tyme to go - Krowd statrz ta
"thin out" an ya kan find a parkin spot within a half mile
of where ya wanna go!

Onlee problemo is summa da storez KLOZE :( tween 4 an 6 dat day...

:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Noooooooo :eek: :eek: , and Christmas is coming really closer now.....!

Nomilynn
12-09-2004, 02:40 AM
I've got some done. My parents are totally bought for - I just have to make their gifts. Same with a couple friends. But I haven't bought for everyone yet! eep! :) I'm so behind!

Barbara
12-09-2004, 04:01 AM
Haven't even started! Oh no!!!!!!!!!
Do you have to increase the pressure by starting such a poll:D ;)

neko1
12-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Bought 1 gift yesterday, going to the mall on saturday...yuk...to finish the rest. Really, really not looking forward to going to the mall, but it has to be done.

Cincy'sMom
12-09-2004, 06:26 AM
Well...I finished shoping for all the the animals...and in my family that is a lot!!! (including ours, in JUST the family we have 19 dogs and 2 cats to buy for).

As for humans, I have bought one small thing for Ralph, and my mom picked up something for Jasmine for me yesterday. I've got a lot to do in the near future!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-09-2004, 06:28 AM
I've gotten 3 out of 20 people finished. I can't even think of what to get everyone. I'm so stressed out.

I am really struggling with my parents, they have everything. I can't think of anything to get them.

Christiansmommy
12-09-2004, 06:46 AM
I am almost done. I plan to do some more shopping today. I love to shop, though, and i don't mind the crowds too much, but my 3 year old son would beg to differ ;) When he is with me in a long line, and he has had enough of the shopping, it is no fun keeping him occupied, while we wait to get to the register and out of there!!...so I love it when I can leave him home with hubby to shop... :)

Robyn

Samantha Puppy
12-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Not yet... still got one more "big" present for my husband, my dad, my brother and his fiancee, and all of my husband's family (mom, dad, & two brothers). And a couple friends too.

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Nope...I've got 4 friends left to buy for and my brother.

pitc9
12-09-2004, 09:16 AM
My hubby kept telling me that he had a feeling he was going to get laid off close to Christmas, so I had almost all of my shopping done before Thanksgiving!:eek:

Jods
12-09-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm almost done. I have a few more things to pick up to complete a couple gifts... Mine are all wrapped as well... Well they were all wrapped I have to do a couple re-do's cuz of a naughty kitten.:p

Miranda_Rae
12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
I put Almost done, but after I thought awhile I was like, HOLY! I'm not done. I have my mom's present, and I have to finish getting Heidi's and I need to get my dad's and brothers. Tools for dad, and gun stuff for Landon. Men are SO hard to shop for!! :rolleyes:

petslover
12-09-2004, 11:07 AM
I got finished early this year with my Christmas shopping. I bought my parents, my grandma, and my dogs and thats it. My parents buy the rest of my family gifts so I don't have to worry about that.

shais_mom
12-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Haven't even started! Oh no!!!!!!!!!
Do you have to increase the pressure by starting such a poll:D ;)
LOL
SORRY! ;)

yea Kate you just THINK I am organized - I got ya fooled! ;)

lynnestankard
12-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Almost finished - just the odd one or two little ones and I'm done!!!! (**Brag**Brag**Brag**)

Almost wrapped too! All cards are posted!!

I don't think I've ever been this organised in all my life - amazing how your eldest coming home can focus your mind so well!!!!

Lynne

DogLover9501
12-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm almost done, but I didn't have many to buy for :p

All I have left is my little cousin, my nan and pop and my mom and stocking stuffers for the dogs and cats!!

cali
12-09-2004, 01:37 PM
lol I have had too much homework to be able to go anywhere for shopping, BUT I get out from school a week earlier then every other school, so I get 3 weeks of christmas break instead of 2, which means I can go shopping while everyone else is at work or school lol

Laura's Babies
12-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Gifts? We are suppose to buy GIFTS?? :eek: Does this mean I have to go shopping?

LOL! I take the easy way out... I give $$$$$ since all my family is scattered all over the USA.

ramanth
12-09-2004, 03:04 PM
I haven't started. :o

I'm also behind in getting my cards done. (I'm waiting for pictures) :o :o

christa
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
This is the first year ever that I haven't waited for the week before Christmas . . . I decided this year to get it out of the way so I could actually ENJOY the holidays! What a concept! LOL

cookieluver7
12-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Almost! I have to get my dad, mom, brother, and cousin's yet.