PDA

View Full Version : Please think of Jasper...

DogLover9501
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I know that this is probably nothing serious, but I can't help but worry.

For the past couple of hours, Jasper has gagged/tried to throw up about 10 times.

Of course, I run over and ask if he's okay and kiss him and pet him and pat his back everytime, being the worry wart that I am.

I hope theres nothing in his throat or anything like that :(

I know it's probably nothing, but please think about him.

Thanks

My Peanuts
12-08-2004, 11:38 PM
I'll pray for Jasper. Don't worry though, he's probably ok :)

Giselle
12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Jasper is the Boxer? I'd call the vet and ask him for signs of bloat, maybe give a heads up just in case it is bloat. Is Jasper salivating? heaving? dry retching? pacing?

DogLover9501
12-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Giselle
Jasper is the Boxer? I'd call the vet and ask him for signs of bloat, maybe give a heads up just in case it is bloat. Is Jasper salivating? heaving? dry retching? pacing?

Yes Jasper is the Boxer, I can't call the vet right now, as it's almost 3 am ;)

He is sleeping right now, but no he wasn't doing any of those things.

Wolffffman
12-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Crossing my fingers for you and Jasper....I'm sure it's nothing more than an upset stomach or something tickling his throat......keep us updated

vinjashira
12-09-2004, 02:49 AM
How is Jasper now?

Logan
12-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Hugs to Jasper!!!!! :) I hope he's doing better this morning. Keep us posted.

Logan

LorraineO
12-09-2004, 05:59 AM
hopw he is feeling better,,,,,, Even if its 3 Am,, dont you have an emerg hospital for animals??

Lilith Cherry
12-09-2004, 07:12 AM
I do hope Jasper ( and consequently you!) is feeling better now?

pitc9
12-09-2004, 08:32 AM
How is Jasper?!?

RottiMommy49
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
How is Jasper doing this afternoon?
I hope he doing great, Let us know ok. Will be thinking about you both and sending prayers that everything is ok.
http://ibelieveinangels.mypicgallery.com/rottiangels/get-well-small-bear-with-flowers-colorful-font_large.jpg

((((((Healing Hugs)))))))
Deb, Monty, Kiki

luvofallhorses
12-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I will keep you in Jasper in my thoughts and prayers..I hope he's okay keep us updated
Krista

Jadapit
12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
You and Japser are in my thoughts and prayers. How is he doing today?

DogLover9501
12-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Right now I am sitting here listening to the constant squeak of his toy ;)

In other words, he seems pretty normal, he was gagging a bit but that was about 1.5 hours ago and it was only once.

He didn't even get out of bed until 12:30 :rolleyes:

I'm still keeping a very close eye on him.

Thanks everyone, you guys are the best! {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

cali
12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
sounds like he was just hacking a bit, my dogs do that farley often, they will stat hacking as if they are going to throw up, so I run them outside and nothing happens. Idont know about Jasper, but I know a lot of dogs do that for attention lol

My Peanuts
12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
It's probably not this, and I really don't want to scare you, but I had a dog when I was younger that hacked a lot. He was pretty old (he lived to be 18) and the hacking was from congested heart failure. He had it for years and years and didn't die of anything related to his heart (he also had diabetes and pancreatitis). I don't think Jasper has that especially since he is so young & active, but I thought I should mention it. He probably just has the flu or a cold. RB Angie used to throw up all the time especially when she was young. She didn't die of anything related to that either.

luvofallhorses
12-09-2004, 01:36 PM
I am glad he is alright((((hugs))))

lute
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
glad to hear he's ok now.:D

RubyMutt
12-09-2004, 02:29 PM
This happened to Ruby and I a few months ago (it was the wee hours of the morning here as well :rolleyes: ). Luckily, there's a 24hr emergency vet nearby which I was able to call. I don't know if Jasper is on any special diet, but the vet recommended that I feed Ruby some soft oatmeal (cooked, obviously) and if that didn't stop the hacking to bring her in. Well, it didn't stop, I went to the emergency vet (around 1am). They did some x-rays and it ended up being nothing serious (an enflamed trachea). They just said to keep an eye on her for a few days and she'll be fine - which she was and is :)

Sounds like Jasper is on the up and up. Hope it stays that way. Maybe try the oatmeal if he's still hacking? HUGS to you both :)

DogLover9501
12-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
It's probably not this, and I really don't want to scare you, but I had a dog when I was younger that hacked a lot. He was pretty old (he lived to be 18) and the hacking was from congested heart failure. He had it for years and years and didn't die of anything related to his heart (he also had diabetes and pancreatitis). I don't think Jasper has that especially since he is so young & active, but I thought I should mention it. He probably just has the flu or a cold. RB Angie used to throw up all the time especially when she was young. She didn't die of anything related to that either.

Don't worry, you didn't scare me ;) I already went through all the worst-possible things that it could be, that's just how I am :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RubyMutt
This happened to Ruby and I a few months ago (it was the wee hours of the morning here as well :rolleyes: ). Luckily, there's a 24hr emergency vet nearby which I was able to call. I don't know if Jasper is on any special diet, but the vet recommended that I feed Ruby some soft oatmeal (cooked, obviously) and if that didn't stop the hacking to bring her in. Well, it didn't stop, I went to the emergency vet (around 1am). They did some x-rays and it ended up being nothing serious (an enflamed trachea). They just said to keep an eye on her for a few days and she'll be fine - which she was and is :)

Sounds like Jasper is on the up and up. Hope it stays that way. Maybe try the oatmeal if he's still hacking? HUGS to you both :)

Thanks for that information, he hasn't hacked in about 4+ hours, so hopefully it'll stay that way, I'm definatly keeping a close eye on him ;)

anna_66
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Robyn, I'm glad to hear that Jasper is back to his normal self:D

dukedogsmom
12-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Glad to hear that he's doing better now. I know what you mean about going through the worst possible things. It can make you crazy.

tatsxxx11
12-09-2004, 04:59 PM
SO relieved to read you're doing better, Jasper:) Hopefully it was just a bit of indigestion:) HUGS to you sweetheart!