PDA

View Full Version : Help

Josef Kavarian
01-01-2001, 10:27 PM
I have two parakeets that started to fight each other. It started when the female parkeet layed eggs. the eggs where in a box which is in a cage. All the eggs are now distroyed and now the two parakeets start to fight. The fight is bloody and i think they will kill each other. I have separeted them. But is this normal. What should i do. This is the first time that i keep a parakeet in my house. any advise or help my little girl is very sad and i donot know what to do.

Karen
01-02-2001, 07:29 AM
I have no experience with birds, but I think keeping them seperated for now is probably best. I'm sure other people with more bird experience will chime in!

AdoreMyDogs
01-02-2001, 09:24 AM
It's a funny thing with birds, sometimes they fall in love at first site, just as some humans do the same, but just as there are some people that just don't get along, people with personality clashes, the same applies with birds. Some birds just don't get along and there's not much you can do about it. You can try getting a very, very large cage loaded with toys so the birds have their own space but they still obviously don't like each other. Imagine being forced to be locked in a house with your worst enemy. That's generally how they feel. And to top it off, the one with eggs is trying to defend her "kids", whether they are fertil or not she will defend them to the end. They are her children and she's going to be extra edgy when she has eggs to protect. I suggest either finding a loving home for one or the other or just keeping them seperated from now on. Sorry for not having any good news. I love parakeets, I love birds, and I hope you don't give up on parakeets all together. They can be adorable, charming little birds, given the proper care and comfortable living environment.