PDA

View Full Version : How do you check domains?

Tonya
12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm trying to sell my timeshare and I got this email from a Shell Vacation employee:

HA! SUCKER I WORK FOR SHELL AND BY NO MEANS CAN YOU GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD< NICE TRY!!!!

I'd like to see if the domain is correct. From there, I'm going to the the real estate commission and file a fraud compaint and the attorny general.

dukedogsmom
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM
www.networksolutions.com Click on "who is". It's a little tab at the top right of the scree. This is for websites. If you're talking about emails, I don't know.

Samantha Puppy
12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
It still amazes me that, since the marriage of technology and electronics, that anyone would try to pull anything stupid via the internet and not think that they could/will be found out.

Good luck with your hunt, Tonya.

Tonya
12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
I guess I am talking about email addresses. Cause it's her address I want to check. I'm totally computer illiterate.

Samantha Puppy
12-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Usually, the end of the e-mail address (the part after the @ sign) corresponds with the domain. If you can copy and paste the part after the @ into the address bar of your browser and it brings up a website, you've got a match.

If you want to PM me the person's e-mail, I can check around for you.

dukedogsmom
12-08-2004, 04:28 PM
But, people that are very knowlegable about the net and all can fix it to where it looks like it came from there when it's from somewhere else but it's been embedded somehow. My brother knows how to research all that stuff but I am totally clueless.

Tonya
12-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I KNOW they're lying to me. :mad: All I did was mention the employees name, not her location. The manager that called me back just so happened to be in Indianapolis. The employee that emailed me just so happens to be in Indianapolis according to her EBAY profile. When I called Shell Vacation Club, they just so happened to acknowledge that there is an employee by that name.

I faxed and sent via certified mail a long letter and documentaion stating that I'd been mislead when I bought my timeshare. And all the incidences that have happened since I'd purchased it.

The manager called me back and said that there is no one by that name employed there. She's lying! But anyways, she's forwarding my package on to the corporate office.

Pray that Shell will buy this @#$^& timeshare back from me. I don't see why not, they have nothing to lose...I was never able to use it in the time that I owned it. Everything everywhere just so happens to be booked all the time.