PDA

View Full Version : BAD, BAD Bunny!!

NoahsMommy
12-13-2001, 02:01 PM
:mad: Faith is being SOOOOO bad!! She has started digging in the carpet and has gotten to the wood floor boards in TWO PLACES!!! She is grounded, which means poor Thomas is too...they are stuck in thier cage until we can figure something out.... :mad:

How do we stop her from doing this??? :confused:

Karen
12-13-2001, 05:32 PM
A Loud double-clap of the hands (similar to a bunny's "danger" thump, and pushing her away from the spot, repeated until she gets the message, may discourage her.

zippy-kat
12-13-2001, 06:25 PM
Sophie's a carpet puller-outter. I've tried water guns, I've tried clapping, I've tried to distract her by giving her something is she is ALLOWED to chew....nothing works so far. I usually put her in 'time out' for awhile.

Daisylover
12-14-2001, 08:00 AM
Try putting another piece of carpet on top of the "real" carpet and just let her go. You might staple (heavy duty utility staples) the extra piece to a board so the carpet is less likely to move around while she digs on it. The nice thing about this method is that you can pick up the spare carpet when company comes and it replaces easily too. Good luck.

zippy-kat
12-14-2001, 08:12 AM
Great idea!

I have to watch her really, really close or she eats it. :( :mad:
I Keep telling her, carpet is not part of her diet...she just doesn't believe me!

NoahsMommy
12-14-2001, 02:59 PM
Great idea!!! Off to Home Depot this weekend! We'll staple the new carpet to a piece of ply-wood, that way, she can "dig" away! We'll all be happy!

Thank you! You guys are awesome!! :)

tazz1227
12-17-2001, 01:19 PM
Thank you all for the information because I am having the same problem with my "son", Taz. He chews the carpet and clapping, water, or time out doesn't work. Question, is carboard harful. My bad son not only chews cardboard but eats it. He is just a bad bun. :) But I love him and my daughter (Baby Bun).

Karen
12-17-2001, 05:20 PM
Cardboard isn't that bad for a bunny - it's just mostly plant fiber anyway - as long as he is getting plenty of other good food, don't worry about it.

tazz1227
01-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Thank you so much for the information. Now they don't want the cardboard, they want the phonebook and carpet !! :confused: They are both scheduled to get "fixed" at the end of the month, I can't wait. Hopefully that will calm him down. She is an angel, and so loving. He is just wild !! But he can be so sweet at rest time. :)